Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Cineplex Movie Gift Pack

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 7:47 pm
Nov 28, 2013
487 posts
177 upvotes
Quebec
I'd be interested in this deal, but with th coupon dates I have to see if there are interesting movies before it wears off
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8490 posts
1204 upvotes
runeash wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 7:08 am
Would the e-gift card with E-Gift Pack worth up to $30* save on shipping?

http://www.cineplex.com/Promos/eGiftCard
Of course, you'll save a buck, as there is no need to ship Electronic credit.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Nov 6, 2013
631 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
MobyZz wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 10:14 pm
Are these things taxed?
Gift cards are not taxed. Its like cash.
Nov 6, 2013
631 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
vanana wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 4:20 pm
You can email/chat/contact Cineplex and they can help you transfer balances.
1. They mail you a new GC (takes about a week) or
2. They suggest you to go "grab" one of the empty gift cards, and give them the barcode / pin, and they can transfer it all on the new card.
Where do you find chat option?

EDIT: Found it after looking closely, lol.
Aug 30, 2015
838 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the heads up
Going to buy a couple gift cards in the theater Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2121 posts
873 upvotes
venividivici wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 10:37 pm
My complaint with Cineplex is when it comes to buying actual butter. Landmark Whitby (formerly AMC/Empire) would put butter in the middle and on the top for one price. Apparently to have it 'layered' as Cineplex calls it they charge you twice, which I think is wrong. At least I now know for next time I'll just use the free substitute stuff. Concession prices are crazy, but that is due to studios only giving the theatres pennies on the dollar for ticket sales so concessions are their big business. I still feel Cineplex should bring back free refills in Ontario and not blame it on BC laws that forbid them from doing that. Wouldn't really cost them much and it might entice people to actually buy the concessions who may refrain otherwise.

Still have a $40 winter sale gift card, but I may grab a couple of these for the coupons. I met with a head manager this afternoon about some issues I had with my local theatre and now I have a few free passes that I'll save for UltraAVX as she said there was no up charge with them. She insisted I take them as I had previously turned down compensation, heh.

The one thing I liked about Empire and Landmark was they allowed the BOGO coupons to be used for two different movies for those who didn't have people to go with. Sadly they changed that policy quite a while ago. Landmark also used to send out weekly or bi-weekly coupons via email that were usually pretty good, but I haven't seen those in ages. Maybe they'll resurface during the summer. I seek the best bang for my buck with movie watching.
Just curious, what was the issues you were having?
Dec 23, 2006
908 posts
92 upvotes
Oshawa
pentiumvi wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 3:49 am
Just for your information, I believe how Cineplex works is when you pay for 1 order of butter, you get a certain amount of "pumps" (depending on size of popcorn).

I've successfully asked for my popcorn to be "layered", but that I only wanted a single "order", and was charged only once.

Can you elaborate on what is this "BC Law" regarding free refills? I admit I've never heard of this...
Thanks for the tip regarding getting the butter layered with them charging you twice. I was using my free popcorn voucher and I don't really get popcorn from Cineplex otherwise so certainly not aware of how they handle their butter practices, heh.

When I inquired about why Cineplex didn't bring back free refills when Empire/Landmark did they claimed it was due to some law that forbid them from doing it in BC so they said it was just going to stick to this practice Canada-wide. It is possible that there isn't a law or bylaw, but I'm going off of what I was told. Knowing Cineplex it is likely just a corporate decision to keep profit margins going up.
crystallight wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 11:22 pm
Just curious, what was the issues you were having?
I have some mobility issues, as well as some medical concerns so for the past 8+ years I tend to bring one of those black PC reusable shopping bags with me when I go to the movies (or really any place I happen to be going too for a few hours). I use it to carry extra clothing, some toiletries, medical related supplies, etc. Cineplex apparently has an extremely stringent 'bag policy', but yet it seems they only target certain individuals at my local theatre. One day it is about outside food, another time the same employee would say it is a hazard. Not really buying the 'recording equipment' excuse anymore as everyone that goes to a movie now is carrying a device that could be used to record.

I've had the same employee over the past 2-3 years give me such grief over it. Couple years back I stopped in after doctor appointment to see a couple of movies in UltraAVX. Both were matinees and both there was less than a dozen people. I had a drink and popcorn in my arms and the lady saw the corner of a takeout container in my bag and gave me crap about it. I had gone for breakfast with my grandfather and I wasn't about to eat some leftover eggs and cornbeef hash at the movies, lol. I explained this to her and then she gave me grief about that I was to put my bag on the floor and not on a seat next to me. I went exactly a year before returning to the theatre and this same employee was ripping tickets and this time she said I had to keep my bag on my lap. Seems where I could place my bag kept changing with her (as well as the reasoning). Back in January some guy actually reached into my back without permission and moved things around, which apparently is against their protocol as employees are not permitted to do this according to Cineplex.

I wasn't sneaking in 'contraband', and I had explained numerous times why I had my bag. I saw many women and teenagers carrying over sized purses/handbags or backpacks coming in and not being accosted by the ticket takers like I was, so I just felt there was a double standard.

I do have an ongoing agreement with AMC/Empire/Landmark management that I can bring my own snacks given my somewhat specialized dietary requirements due to a surgically altered digestive tract. Although Landmark seems to be very lax as I've seen people walking in with Tim Hortons/Starbucks or even Subway without trouble.

I think the most interesting thing mentioned during my meeting was the Colorado shooting during the Dark Knight.

At any rate just giving some context on the situation that has been going on for a few years now. Don't think AMC/Empire/Landmark ever gave me trouble with my bag - just Cineplex. I still buy popcorn and a drink from time to time, but carbonated drinks (especially sugary ones) tend to bug me. Popcorn can be hit or miss. At Cineplex I gave their burger and poutine a try, but someone really doesn't agree with me and I end up being in agony before the end of the movie.

To clarify though I was not seeking special treatment, but given that I've seen the same employees numerous times over the years I don't feel I should be harassed repeatedly or have insinuations made and then see others walk in with bags that could be concealing things and not receive the same ordeal. I believe I may end up having to speak with the GM for my local theatre so that perhaps there will be an understanding. I'm glad Cineplex is looking to address the problem.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9460 posts
666 upvotes
the only good thing is.. unlike christmas ones, you can actually redeem those during prime movie time (now to Sept)
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3380 posts
364 upvotes
Montreal
Are you the included coupons available for use now?
Zoomer : $36 w/ unlim min nationwide + 2GB
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel