Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Cineplex Movie Gift Pack

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 7:47 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2399 posts
263 upvotes
Thought I'd share one of the downsides of using a gift card. All ticket purchases are final. I wasn't able to get a refund for Fate and the Furious when all seats were taken except for the first 2 rows

They were able to exchange the tickets for another showing though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6881 posts
600 upvotes
Victoria
ExcelPremium wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:57 pm
Thought I'd share one of the downsides of using a gift card. All ticket purchases are final. I wasn't able to get a refund for Fate and the Furious when all seats were taken except for the first 2 rows

I thought it didn't charge you until after you selected seats? I order online rather than in person, but I always get to select seats before it prompts me to pay?
Nov 6, 2013
630 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 7:34 pm
I thought it didn't charge you until after you selected seats? I order online rather than in person, but I always get to select seats before it prompts me to pay?
He's probably referring to general admission, first come first sit kinda.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1015 posts
521 upvotes
Etobicoke
zod wrote:
It written in their popicy that all the ticket sales are final. But usually they exchange for other shows.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2399 posts
263 upvotes
zod wrote:
It was 3D/CC, didn't get a chance to reserve seating.
May 23, 2008
583 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ExcelPremium wrote:

It's luck of the draw, but I have never been refused a refund for tickets bought online even though it does say tickets are nonrefundable. And that's a completely separate thing from the gift cards; it's the policy regardless of method of payment.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2399 posts
263 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:20 pm
It's luck of the draw, but I have never been refused a refund for tickets bought online even though it does say tickets are nonrefundable. And that's a completely separate thing from the gift cards; it's the policy regardless of method of payment.

If you bought them in person and they refused to refund them, that would be bizarre.
I usually buy it through cc and they've always been able to refund them(most of the time, I just choose a different showing) but with the GC the clerk said she wasn't able to do it and put the amount back on the cc.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2792 posts
754 upvotes
Vancouver
ExcelPremium wrote:

That's weird, Vancouver and Edmonton both allowed refunds back onto the gift card you used.
I've even gotten cash back after I threw away the gift card (managed frowned upon it though)
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2792 posts
754 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought $120 instore and got 4 gift packs. You're allowed to load it all onto one card and they'll allow separate transactions as well.

For those using the scene visa card, remember it's max 300 points per transaction and 600 points per day.
That's $60 per transaction and max $120 per day for 5x scene points. Anything extra and you don't get points.
Nov 6, 2013
630 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
ExcelPremium wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:22 pm
I usually buy it through cc and they've always been able to refund them(most of the time, I just choose a different showing) but with the GC the clerk said she wasn't able to do it and put the amount back on the cc.
Thats even better, lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
1594 posts
556 upvotes
The only thing I complaint about the GC is you can not combine 2 GC for the payment. Once the value of GC is lower than the amount you should pay, you have to use other payment method to pay the rest.
Dec 27, 2013
626 posts
134 upvotes
Winnipeg
Question: can one use a Cineplex GC to buy another Cineplex GC? :) (For example, get a GC at Shell in order to get 7X bonus AirMiles and then use that card at Cineplex to get this Movie Gift Pack).

EDIT: ... probably not since one could then get one gift pack, and then reuse the gift card over and over to be getting more of these gift packs.. but if it is allowed for whatever reason, that is a great way to get a lot of gift packs/scene points/etc. :)
Nov 6, 2013
630 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
mbmbkop wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:32 am
Question: can one use a Cineplex GC to buy another Cineplex GC? :) (For example, get a GC at Shell in order to get 7X bonus AirMiles and then use that card at Cineplex to get this Movie Gift Pack).

EDIT: ... probably not since one could then get one gift pack, and then reuse the gift card over and over to be getting more of these gift packs.. but if it is allowed for whatever reason, that is a great way to get a lot of gift packs/scene points/etc. :)

Can I use a Cineplex gift card to purchase another Cineplex gift card?
No. A Cineplex Entertainment gift card cannot be redeemed towards the purchase of another gift card.

https://giftcards.cineplex.com/giftcardfaq#collapse-15
Mar 14, 2006
140 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
mbmbkop wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:32 am

You cannot use GC to buy more GC. I wish!!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1015 posts
521 upvotes
Etobicoke
raccoon wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:09 am
The only thing I complaint about the GC is you can not combine 2 GC for the payment. Once the value of GC is lower than the amount you should pay, you have to use other payment method to pay the rest.
You can call and they can merge multiple card into one card.

Last time they merge 5 cards into one card.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel