Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

Classic Hot Dog for just $1 with your SCENE card at select Cineplex locations from July 18-24*

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 2:00 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA

[Cineplex] Classic Hot Dog for just $1 with your SCENE card at select Cineplex locations from July 18-24*

cineplex.png

* Plus Applicable Taxes. Offer available to SCENE® Members only. SCENE® card must be presented and scanned for offer to be claimed. This offer is valid from July 18 to July 24, 2018, while supplies last. Maximum of 1 classic hotdog per SCENE member at the discounted price. Offer cannot be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions. Substitutions or rain checks will not be offered. Additional fee may apply for specialty hotdog toppings. Select theatres only.

® Cineplex Entertainment LP. SCENE® is owned by SCENE IP LP, used under license.

Participating theatres: https://www.cineplex.com/Promos/NationalHotDogDay
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
NervousTeenager wrote: How are the hot dogs? Comparable to Costco?
I had one before, and no it was not comparable to Costco. It sucked.
😱
Jul 11, 2017
581 posts
599 upvotes
Well, I was planning to go to the Family Favourites movie this Saturday (If my friends don't need a grocery shop), that'll work out nice, a $3 movie and a $1 hot dog to go with it if I do go.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2044 posts
307 upvotes
Maybe with higher turnover they will be decent.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1062 posts
2099 upvotes
b0ne wrote: I had one before, and no it was not comparable to Costco. It sucked.
If your trying to Yelp theater food, your gonna have a bad time lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1912 posts
1188 upvotes
Calgary
How does it compare to Ikea hot dog?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
I am still so pissed that Maquia isn't being played anywhere in my city.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10692 posts
5489 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote: I am still so pissed that Maquia isn't being played anywhere in my city.
relevance? are you boycotting cineplex and/or its hotdogs because of this outrage?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Nov 29, 2011
488 posts
400 upvotes
CALGARY
ES_Revenge wrote: I find the ones at Costco aren't really that good, though at $1.50 you certainly cannot complain. Much prefer the taste of the Cineplex ones.
the $1.50 is with a drink (sold separably @.79 cents) so really the dog is only .71 cents. A great deal in my books
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35601 posts
18981 upvotes
cobra99 wrote: the $1.50 is with a drink (sold separably @.79 cents) so really the dog is only .71 cents. A great deal in my books
I wouldn't calculate it like that myself, given a fountain drink costs them only pennies; but, it is a great deal. It's just not a great hot dog.
Jul 4, 2018
101 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
for $1 its a great deal
I am a licensed Mortgage Broker in the Vancouver / Lower Mainland area.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
Gonna go in for a $1 hotdog and a 1/2 priced frappuccino at Starbucks tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13223 posts
12043 upvotes
Toronto
Combine with the free popcorn from the gift card deal, smuggle in a drink and that's some good eats.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1686 posts
1254 upvotes
Calgary
I didn't want to see any movies so I just went in and told them I just wanted something to eat Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Thanks Op. The hot dog was ok, not as good as Costco ones, but filling. That said, it wasn't tasty enough to create multiple scene accounts to get another one.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
Cineplex never figured people would be desperate enough to get a $1 but not a movie at the same time. I'm thinking next year they'll demand a ticket receipt before you can get the dog or free popcorn.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9467 posts
2643 upvotes
badOne wrote: Cineplex never figured people would be desperate enough to get a $1 but not a movie at the same time. I'm thinking next year they'll demand a ticket receipt before you can get the dog or free popcorn.
I'm thinking next year the mystery meat will even be more of mystery. You can be damn sure this isn't an all beef hot dog.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
NervousTeenager wrote: How are the hot dogs? Comparable to Costco?
Cineplex food is generally pretty bad. It reached a point where if im going to watch a movie, its generally dinner/snack somewhere else before the movie then again after. Only thing i might buy is pop (tho unless its a 3 hr movie, skipping that too lol). Of course me and my fiancé only go out for 4-6 movies a year (only one this year). Prefer blu-rays and one reason i have a 75” 4k tv...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8559 posts
5351 upvotes
I prefer this hot dog over the Costco one, just IMO. Costco one is a much better value when they're both at reg price (this usually goes for almost $4) but if priced the same, I'd go for this over the Costco one