[Cineplex.com] cineplex buy 40.00 gift card and get coupons is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 3:36 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1300 posts
232 upvotes
quick questions

1) purchasing movie tickets off gift card - does that still accumulate scene points?
2) seems like you can do the e-gift card, and get bonus gift electronically as well - how does one load this and present to redeem stuff like free popcorn?

answered 2nd question through FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a Holiday Gift Bundle or a Holiday E-Gift Bundle?
Physical Gift Cards:

Spend $40 or more on Cineplex Gift Cards between December 15 for all provinces except Ontario (and December 18 for Ontario) and you’ll get a free Holiday Gift Bundle, while supplies last. Physical Gift Cards can be purchased at any Cineplex theatre box office or online at Cineplex.com/GiftCards. If ordered online, your physical Gift Card(s) and Holiday Gift Bundle(s) will be mailed together (allow for approximately 5 business days for delivery from the time of purchase). Physical gift card orders placed after December 15 for all provinces except Ontario (December 18 for Ontario) are not guaranteed to arrive before December 24th.

E-Gift Cards:

Spend $40 or more on Cineplex E-Gift Cards in a single transaction between November 1 and December 31, 2017 and you’ll get a free Holiday E-Gift Bundle. E-Gift Card purchases and their corresponding Holiday E-Gift Bundles will be sent to the purchaser within 24 hours of the purchase. A link to download your Holiday E-Gift Bundle will be sent along with the receipt, to the purchaser’s email. This offer is not valid on Dinner and a Movie bundles or corporate sales purchases. You can send the URL to someone else or keep the Holiday E-Gift Bundle for yourself!

When are the Gift Bundles available?
Both the Holiday Gift Bundle and E-Gift Bundle are available between November 1 and December 31, 2017. While supplies last.

What offers are included in the Holiday Gift Bundle and Holiday E-Gift Bundle?
This year's Bundle and E-Bundle include the following offers:

Buy One Get One Free General Admission
Valid from January 8 – March 8, 2018 (Sunday-Thursday only) – Redeem online or in theatre
Valid for General Admission (14-64)
Valid for films in 3D and films in IMAX®, UltraAVX, Prime Seats, and VIP auditoriums with the payment of the applicable surcharge. Not valid for non-feature film performances, Cineplex Events , Barco Escape, 4DX or D-BOX seating.
One Free Premium Ticket Upgrade
Valid from January 8 – March 8, 2018 (Sunday-Thursday only) – Redeem online or in theatres
Valid for films in 3D and films in IMAX®, UltraAVX, Prime Seats, and VIP auditoriums. Not valid for non-feature film performances, Cineplex Events, Barco Escape, 4DX or D-BOX seating
One Free Regular Popcorn – Redeem in theatre
Valid from January 8 – March 8, 2018
One $6.99 Wednesday General Admission – Redeem online or in theatres
Valid from January 8 – March 8, 2018 on Wednesdays only
Valid for films in 3D and films in IMAX®, UltraAVX, Prime Seats and VIP auditoriums with the payment of the applicable surcharge. Not valid for non-feature film performances, Cineplex Events, Barco Escape, 4DX or D-BOX seating
100 SCENE Points – Redeem online
50% off Any Classic Poutine - Redeem in theatre
Redeem at any Cineplex Outtakes location
If not Outtakes is available, this offer is valid for 50% off a Nachos Grande at Concessions
*Additional restrictions apply

How many Gift Bundles am I eligible for?
Physical Gift Cards:

You are eligible for one (1) physical Gift Bundle for every $40 spent on physical Gift Cards. There is no limit to the number of gift cards you can buy, but there is a $10 minimum purchase per gift card.

E-Gift Cards:

You are eligible for one (1) Holiday E-Gift Bundle per one (1) E-Gift Card transaction of $40 or more. If you would like to receive multiple Holiday E-Gift Bundles, you will need to complete multiple E-Gift Card transactions, each with a minimum cart value of $40.

If I buy a $40 E-Gift Card, am I entitled to a Holiday E-Gift Bundle?
Yes. From November 1st – December 31, 2017, all E-Gift Card transactions valued at $40 or more will receive a Holiday E-Gift Bundle (while supplies last). Holiday E-Gift Bundles are delivered as a URL within the receipt emailed to the original purchaser.

Please note the following differences from the physical Holiday Gift Bundle:

Only one (1) Holiday E-Gift Bundle can be delivered per transaction. If you would like to receive multiple Holiday E-Gift Bundles, please complete multiple transactions with a minimum of $40 each.
The Holiday E-Gift Bundle is delivered along with the receipt to the purchaser via email. The email will contain a live URL. Click and/or copy and paste this URL into your browser to view your Holiday E-Gift Bundle. This link can be sent to others if so desired however, each code is a one-time use only.
The Holiday E-Gift Bundle can be used online, downloaded and printed or displayed via smartphone to redeem in-theatre coupons.
How do I redeem my admission and concessions offers?
Admission offers can be redeemed either by showing your coupon at the Box Office (printed or on your mobile device), or online at Cineplex.com by entering the unique code on the back of the coupon in the Promotion Code field on the Order Details Page. All concessions offers must be redeemed by presenting your coupon at the concession counter either printed or on your mobile device.

SCENE offers can be redeemed online on this page starting January 8, 2018.

Holiday E-Gift Bundles:
You can redeem your Holiday E-Gift Bundle offers online in the same ways as mentioned above. You can also redeem them in-theatre either by printing out your coupons and bringing them to a theatre, or by showing the coupon barcode on your mobile device.

What if I can no longer see my Holiday E-Gift Bundle coupons?
All coupons expire on March 8, 2018. If you try to access your digital coupons after this date you will be unable to.

What happens if I click on my Holiday E-Gift Bundle and it redirects me to Cineplex.com?
For your protection, if over-activity (clicking on the URL more than 10x in one day) with your URL is noticed in a single day, your URL may be flagged for suspicious activity. Please contact our Guest Services for assistance at cineplex@buyatab.com.

How do I get my 100 SCENE points?
Come back to this page starting January 8, 2018 to redeem your points.

How do I ask a question I don't see answered here?
Click here to get in touch with us. Click here
Last edited by utopianbl on Nov 4th, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7439 posts
763 upvotes
Victoria
MobyZz wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 12:47 am
Unfortunate that there's really only 1-2 big movies out from Jan 8>March 8th.

But free stuff anyways
I noticed that too... I think last year the same promo had the coupons last until late march or april. I'll buy one for black panther.. but there's nothing else in there I'd go to the theatre for.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1300 posts
232 upvotes
might be useful for some - for me, Black Panther, the Cloverfield sequel, Annihilation, and the Commuter looks silly enough to make it worthwhile trip during the dump months. Massively disappointing would be to miss out on using this for Tomb Raider reboot and the Pacific Rim sequel, both of which are in latter half of March
RELEASE DATES 2018

Insidious: The Last Key -- Friday, January 5
The Commuter - Friday, January 12
Paddington 2 - Friday, January 12
Proud Mary - Friday, January 12
Den of Thieves - Friday, January 19
Horse Soldiers - Friday, January 19
Extinction - Friday, January 26
Midnight Sun - Friday, January 26
White Boy Rick - Friday, January 26

Untitled Cloverfield Sequel - Friday, February 2
Fifty Shades Freed - Friday, February 9
Maze Runner: The Death Cure - Friday, February 9
Peter Rabbit - Friday, February 9

Black Panther - Friday, February 16
Early Man - Friday, February 16
Winchester - Friday, February 23
Annihilation - Friday, February 23

Red Sparrow - Friday, March 2
Alpha - Friday, March 2
Death Wish - Friday, March 2
Game Night - Friday, March 2
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5268 posts
1311 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Black Panther... that's all I see.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 24, 2007
100 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it before, but you can't use the coupons with an Admit One voucher. I tried to use the premium upgrade from the last one in the summer and was told I couldn't use them together.
Nov 14, 2003
921 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
syee99 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 2:34 am
Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it before, but you can't use the coupons with an Admit One voucher. I tried to use the premium upgrade from the last one in the summer and was told I couldn't use them together.
They have done it for me in the past, even with an expired ticket. You have to ask a manger to do it for you. The manager substituted my ticket with an orange ticket which are the complimentary tickets. Missed out on the points though.
Jul 24, 2007
100 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
jesterwilly2004 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 2:59 am
They have done it for me in the past, even with an expired ticket. You have to ask a manger to do it for you. The manager substituted my ticket with an orange ticket which are the complimentary tickets. Missed out on the points though.
Hmm, I guess I must have gotten the hardass CSR. I've tried twice and got denied both times. I'll have to try a different theatre next time.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
627 posts
302 upvotes
are you all just looking at January trough march? because I was thinking December movies will still be playing trough January and that would probably the best time to spend those tickets.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3896 posts
1101 upvotes
utopianbl wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 4:51 pm
might be useful for some - for me, Black Panther, the Cloverfield sequel, Annihilation, and the Commuter looks silly enough to make it worthwhile trip during the dump months. Massively disappointing would be to miss out on using this for Tomb Raider reboot and the Pacific Rim sequel, both of which are in latter half of March
I thought midnight sun would be a sequel to Midnight Run.

Instead it just looks like 2017's version of Lindsay Lohan in some romance movie.

If anyone hasn't seen Midnight Run, it's a decent light hearted Robert De Niro comedy. Pretty sure It's on Netflix now and that's probably another reason why I hoped sun was a sequel.
Dec 31, 2008
109 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
waven101 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 3:05 am
are you all just looking at January trough march? because I was thinking December movies will still be playing trough January and that would probably the best time to spend those tickets.
Exactly. I used this to see Rogue One in January with the free IMAX 3D upgrade.
Oct 7, 2017
24 posts
21 upvotes
MobyZz wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 12:47 am
Unfortunate that there's really only 1-2 big movies out from Jan 8>March 8th.

But free stuff anyways
Big movies, sure. But a lot of awards season movies have wide releases in Dec-Feb. Like La La Land last year didn't hit my theatre until January and then I saw it twice.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1032 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Great the deal is back
actually I still have a $40 value gc from last year Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 14, 2003
921 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
syee99 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 3:04 am
Hmm, I guess I must have gotten the hardass CSR. I've tried twice and got denied both times. I'll have to try a different theatre next time.
You have to be firm that a admit 1 ticket is a paid ticket not a coupon. You cant stack coupons but you have a paid ticket.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9844 posts
799 upvotes
there is literally no good movie from Jan to March.... Pass
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2148 posts
680 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:54 pm
there is literally no good movie from Jan to March.... Pass
Thank you for the summarizing the season!! Saved us the time.....