• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2017 12:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
I was at the former AMC Courtney park on the weekend and used one of my AMC Gold tickets without a hitch. I also thought I saw a sign saying they would accepted them until early-mid January 2013. I'll double check when I'm there next.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
Stopped by an AMC today. Not sure why the date here doesn't match what their website says

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/z7oqNl.jpg[/IMG]

there's supposed to be an image ^^^ , let me know if it isn't showing up.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
Bulwark wrote: I was at the former AMC Courtney park on the weekend and used one of my AMC Gold tickets without a hitch. I also thought I saw a sign saying they would accepted them until early-mid January 2013. I'll double check when I'm there next.
So the Courtney Park Mississauga AMC is a Cineplex now? That's good. Can use a Scene pass/Cineplex tickets there and it's closer. It sucked before if you live in the NW corner of Mississauga because no Cineplex was nearby and the one on WC/Dundas never showed the main blockbuster but I'm assuming that the Courtney Park one will show big movies like Spiderman, Batman, etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
Nettles wrote: So the Courtney Park Mississauga AMC is a Cineplex now? That's good. Can use a Scene pass/Cineplex tickets there and it's closer. It sucked before if you live in the NW corner of Mississauga because no Cineplex was nearby and the one on WC/Dundas never showed the main blockbuster but I'm assuming that the Courtney Park one will show big movies like Spiderman, Batman, etc.
Yup, has 3d, imax and imax 3d too.
Jun 7, 2006
777 posts
6 upvotes
ktan09 wrote: Any word on Interchange 30? Glad to know that YD Square switched over.
Well, the theatre is still on sale. You can buy it if you have the money.
Aug 8, 2008
241 posts
49 upvotes
Hard_Taco wrote: Well, the theatre is still on sale. You can buy it if you have the money.
Won't be surprised if Interchange 30 gets gutted and condo's go up in its replacement. That is considered a hot area as the subway will be reaching that area.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
Are the AMC theatres taking the Scene card? Saw a movie yesterday and checked my account just now and doesn't have any pts added. Maybe it hasn't been updated yet.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Which one you go too? Only the ones that were converted to Cineplex (Yonge and Dundas, Oakville Winston Churchill and Mississauga Courtney Park). The points usually should be updated within one day. Check later, if not, call Scene customer service and tell them you didn't receive your points.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
^^^What they said. The ones we bought do accept the Scene card and can use the points there as well
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
+1 for more Scene card pts .....
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
iliveinmycantina wrote: The AMC at Kennedy Commons has officially closed down.
just closed down? not converted to empire or cineplex or anything? thats surprising....
Jan 7, 2010
499 posts
24 upvotes
Brampton
Very shocked that Empire didnt purchase that kennedy n 401 location. There's no empires newhere in that area. and u know cineplex didnt want it wit morningside/401, stc and elg warden all in that same area already. I'm guessin wait a few months and it'll b converted to a bollywood/punjabi movie theatre. Those r good money makers in scarb.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
HiClass wrote: Very shocked that Empire didnt purchase that kennedy n 401 location. There's no empires newhere in that area. and u know cineplex didnt want it wit morningside/401, stc and elg warden all in that same area already. I'm guessin wait a few months and it'll b converted to a bollywood/punjabi movie theatre. Those r good money makers in scarb.
I was chatting with a cineplex manager recently and he told me that Cineplex was forced to buy the other 2 AMC locations only because AMC refused to give up the Yonge & Dundas prime location WITHOUT selling the other 2 as a bundle.

Also, the Yonge and Dundas location kept the AMCinema $6 weekend pricing up until a week or two ago to ease the swith of AMC customers to Cineplex.

He also said that the decoration...you know the Hollywood stars big posters at the Y&D locations as well as the carpeting will be changed sometime in the near future.

Finally, he said that the AMC Kennedy Commons location did close down in fact because Target will be taking their location.

Oh, forgot to mention that AMC Interchage 30 is no longer 30 screens...more like 10 or 13...as the rest of the screens have been boarded up.

He was a very nice guy and a movie buff like myself.

Cheers.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Thats pretty crazy that cineplex was forced to buy 2 theatres they didn't want? now we have yet another duopoly in Canada again. Yipee!!
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Aug 8, 2008
241 posts
49 upvotes
does anyone know why they're still branded as AMC? How long does it take to switch a sign?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
iliveinmycantina wrote: does anyone know why they're still branded as AMC? How long does it take to switch a sign?
A Long Long Long Time.

I work at the Burlington theater and it took them well over 4 years to change our Famous Players sign to SilverCity. Although i doubt it will take them 4 years to do that, and being a bigger theater/location. They should have it done in a few months i would think tops.
[external link removed]
Jan 17, 2010
950 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't surprise me at all that Kennedy Commons wasn't snapped up by Empire. (Or Cineplex, but that's for more obvious reasons as stated above...plenty of Cineplex theaters in the area already)

That theater always struck me as what must have been a money pit. It was like the Carlton on a bigger scale...lots of indie movies and quirkier offerings. Except it works a little better for the Carlton (demographics and a lot more foot traffic). KC was always deserted except on Tuesdays. Weekends were a joke. Last time I was there on a Friday evening to watch Boondock Saints 2 with a friend and the parking lot was near empty. The general feel of the theater was just kind of depressing too lol Rundown. Dingy. Very unkept. I'd bet Empire saw their revenue numbers and didn't think twice about passing on a sale.

Interesting that Target is supposedly taking that location. Seems like a good spot for them to be the new anchor.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)