Expired Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Cineplex Gift Cards! - Easy way to earn some AIRMILES

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2011 8:03 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you give Cineplex Gift Cards as Christmas gifts?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
24 posts
15 upvotes
THORNHILL

[Cineplex] Cineplex Gift Cards! - Easy way to earn some AIRMILES

Collect AIR MILES on Cineplex gift cards.

I buy these as christmas gifts anyways!....using the AIR MILES to visit family in Calgary.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsPr ... id=2170832
21 replies
Sep 30, 2001
25656 posts
4873 upvotes
Not bad, but I think the cineplex movie voucher group buy that Hellfire runs is a better deal.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Sep 24, 2005
512 posts
44 upvotes
Can we look forward to a new post from you on each merchant in airmilesshops.ca?

I think that the RFD membership knows that they can earn AirMiles on online purchases at several dozen merchants by logging into http://www.airmilesshops.ca with their Collector number.

We appreciate posts of deals that are better than normal.
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
24 posts
15 upvotes
THORNHILL
CanadaRAM wrote:
Nov 16th, 2011 4:10 pm
Can we look forward to a new post from you on each merchant in airmilesshops.ca?

I think that the RFD membership knows that they can earn AirMiles on online purchases by logging into http://www.airmilesshops.ca with their Collector number.

You can look forward! I love my Air Miles.

I use airmilesshops.ca all the time - you get miles based on the amount of money you spend. The Cineplex offer gives you miles on the amount you spend AND bonus miles.

Both are good - this is a new offer though!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7756 posts
3652 upvotes
TheMorgan wrote:
Nov 16th, 2011 4:13 pm
You can look forward! I love my Air Miles.

I use airmilesshops.ca all the time - you get miles based on the amount of money you spend. The Cineplex offer gives you miles on the amount you spend AND bonus miles.

Both are good - this is a new offer though!

To each their own, but AM's are nothing great. They used to be OK for GC redemption, but since they change the required amount of AM's, that goes down the drain as well.

Costco has 2 admissions, 2 drinks and pop corn Certificate for 22.99 - much better deal for those of us that have a membership.
Nov 17, 2004
484 posts
11 upvotes
Milton
Don't forget CAA as well. Their movie passes are $8.98 for members! I always pick up these up for stocking stuffers.
Don't need the popcorn and drinks........bring my own! :D
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
1626 posts
40 upvotes
so there's no discount here
just 20 AM
i've seen many people selling bouchers for under $9
so savings are bigger
For sale threads:
Coins/
Cloth/
Phones/
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11947 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
This is for a gift card. I use the gift card at the concessions, not to buy my tickets.
I already bought one this week, 20 Bonus Airmiles for the $50 card.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Jun 19, 2010
173 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
Better off getting the costco deal - 2 tickets, 2 regular sized drinks and 1 regular sized popcorn for $25. You can pay an extra $0.50, per item, at the theatre to increase the size of the drinks and popcorn to large. Basically the same price as buying two regular movie tickets and you get free drinks and popcorn
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
42 upvotes
South Orange
This is a good deal if you intend on buying food with the GC (which you would have done anyways with a credit card). You can't do that with cineplex admit one coupons, so please stop comparing the GC with them.
110 upvotes
Calgary
kazryv wrote:
Nov 17th, 2011 11:17 am
Better off getting the costco deal - 2 tickets, 2 regular sized drinks and 1 regular sized popcorn for $25. You can pay an extra $0.50, per item, at the theatre to increase the size of the drinks and popcorn to large. Basically the same price as buying two regular movie tickets and you get free drinks and popcorn

Don't forget that your Scene-it card gives you 10% off any concession purchase. This works for the upgrade ($0.45!), and should also work if you're paying with a gift card.
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
24 posts
15 upvotes
THORNHILL
purple_rabbit wrote:
Nov 17th, 2011 11:48 am
This is a good deal if you intend on buying food with the GC (which you would have done anyways with a credit card). You can't do that with cineplex admit one coupons, so please stop comparing the GC with them.

Good Point.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1050 posts
45 upvotes
airmiles has gone down the drain in the last year.

they axed their toolbar, jacked up redemption costs, and removed the best rewards.

i guess it's better than nothing, but there's probably much better reward programs out there now,
Feb 7, 2006
65 posts
5 upvotes
Can anyone elaborate on a better rewards program (Aeroplan?) as I also use Airmiles?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4513 posts
153 upvotes
i can't believe how many people are complaining about air miles' decline.

people, it's a REWARDS program (ie. incentives). it's up to them what they want to offer you, they owe you nothing. it costs nothing to sign up for these programs, they can only afford to give you rewards if you spend (quite a bit) so they don't lose money, but MAKE money off it.

sounds like some of you are more suited for living in greece...
[shortened link removed]
× < >