Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

Gift Pack with $30 Gift Card Purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2015 1:52 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
Can the gift cards be used on buying xscape tokens?
Banned
Jan 14, 2015
1586 posts
84 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Yeah, the new Avengers is crap. Movie has no substance and relies on forced sentimentality and stupid plot twists that you can see coming from a mile away.

Hope the new Jurassic Park is better.
Have you seen it?
Sep 20, 2007
555 posts
186 upvotes
$0.99 Gift Card Shipping/Handling fee sucks. Still a deal as long as you use any of the included coupons.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Thanks OP. I saw the ad for this during the previews on the weekend. Went today to pick up a couple, and they had no clue about the promo. First they told me it was only at Christmas, then that it didn't start until Apr 30th and finally I was able to purchase them when a Manager said they were in the office. This was at Dartmouth Crossing.

TL;DR: Employees might not know about the promo yet!
Feb 5, 2015
15 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does the free ticket upgrade code only apply to one ticket, or to all the tickets in the order?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3332 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver
Leuthil wrote: $0.99 Gift Card Shipping/Handling fee sucks. Still a deal as long as you use any of the included coupons.
you can always go to the theatre to buy it in person. Faster that way too
julibeewu wrote: Does the free ticket upgrade code only apply to one ticket, or to all the tickets in the order?

only 1 ticket
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
is this a better deal than costco night out vouchers?
Nov 22, 2012
30 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
So... I can order a $30 gift card, get the gift pack. Get my $30 gift card, and order another one using that gift card to get another gift pack?

EDIT: You can't use gift cards to buy gift cards
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1476 posts
606 upvotes
Leuthil wrote: $0.99 Gift Card Shipping/Handling fee sucks. Still a deal as long as you use any of the included coupons.

I hate the $0.99 charge too but it is quite reasonable. We're just so cheap lol. Worth the savings in gas and time (unless you plan on going to the theatre anyways)
letmesee wrote: is this a better deal than costco night out vouchers?
In general yes, especially for those that got the Visa Check out deal. We basically just want the free popcorn.
If you didn't get in the Visa deal, then it is still yes unless you want to go on a Fri or Sat (since BOGO is only Sun - Thu)
Sep 20, 2007
555 posts
186 upvotes
Meridian wrote: In general yes, especially for those that got the Visa Check out deal. We basically just want the free popcorn.
If you didn't get in the Visa deal, then it is still yes unless you want to go on a Fri or Sat (since BOGO is only Sun - Thu)
Any idea how much a regular or large drink costs to go with the free popcorn?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2949 posts
801 upvotes
Toronto
Leuthil wrote: Any idea how much a regular or large drink costs to go with the free popcorn?
4-5~
Sep 20, 2007
555 posts
186 upvotes
therollin wrote: 4-5~
Well I guess with the $3 Visa tickets + this free popcorn I can afford the $4-5 lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
micronta wrote: ... double butter ...
Good lord. I get mine split in the middle and top and it's still hella greasy. So good though :-P

I get this promo typically just for the popcorn.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
Can I use the GC to pay for upgrades for my VCO codes?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
julibeewu wrote: Does the free ticket upgrade code only apply to one ticket, or to all the tickets in the order?
Only one ticket upgrade, so you'd have to buy tickets separately if you buy more than one gift pack for another ticket upgrade. Upgrades not valid or d box nor front row seating events. You can open 2 browsers to buy tickets simultaneously to get side by side seating.
letmesee wrote: is this a better deal than costco night out vouchers?
Well if you use everything for sure. 50 % savings on BOGO already and popcorn coupon is worth over 6 bucks, because I just get the large with extra 50 cents top up which is great. Instant gratification :)

So if you put a value on the BOGO at 12 bucks the popcorn at 6-7 bucks (as you can get the large for 50 cents extra) and the scene points at 2 bucks (as you save save it for d box free movie once you get to 1000), this would yield 20 /30 savings or 66 % off approximately. I never get the Costco ones they're not a good deal for me. When I see this promo I don't even think about it I got 5 actually.

It's only a bad deal if you won't use at least one of the coupons. I may only just use the scene or popcorn coupon myself, just using those 2 already is worth it.

I used to get them at ebay for 15% discount for gc's. But I have come to realize that buying during the gift pack promos yields a better discount.
taro-chan wrote: Can I use the GC to pay for upgrades for my VCO codes?
I don't see why not, I pay for movies with GC's all the time online. There's always a box for you to enter the GC number.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
bibowski wrote: Good lord. I get mine split in the middle and top and it's still hella greasy. So good though :-P

I get this promo typically just for the popcorn.
I also get mine interspersed in the middle and the top too, but I find the double butter way easier going down, as the crunchiness can take a toll on my throat after going through half of the bag lol. Agreed the butter taste is like no other popcorn that's why we always get the large every time.
Jul 1, 2006
597 posts
331 upvotes
GTA
How do I get 100 points with this purchase? what is the PIN that is required??

thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
xscorpio wrote: How do I get 100 points with this purchase? what is the PIN that is required??

thanks
Here's the instructions on how to redeem all of your coupons once you have them on hand. So if you got about your GC online you'd have to wait till they mail it to you. The advantage of buying this GC in the theatre is that you have access to the gift pack asap, so they can be used instantly. Works out great if you're going to the movies with the Visacheckout promo, buy a GC and use the popcorn coupon asap.

Just click on the 100 scene point to enter your scene card # and the coupon code that you got from the gift pack coupon.

How to redeem:

http://www.cineplex.com/Promos/CineplexGiftPack/Redeem
Dec 2, 2012
387 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
xscorpio wrote: How do I get 100 points with this purchase? what is the PIN that is required??

thanks
you get a coupon in the mail with the scene point redeem code and you redeem online with it.