Expired Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Cineplex Movie Gift Pack

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2017 10:01 am
Oct 4, 2016
65 posts
32 upvotes
I wasted my coupons during the last winter promo !!!!!!
But this is a great value when you know your going to watch an upcoming movie in the theatre for sure..
so might as well get some coupons that you may or may not use. Not like your money goes to waste.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2002
4854 posts
944 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 3:10 pm
Sun-Thurs only? Dang.
Yup, it was the same for the Holiday pack. Except for the popcorn and scene points, which can be redeemed any time.
Nov 6, 2013
838 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
is there any expiray on this coupons like last holiday gift pack promo?
[OP]
Jan 20, 2017
145 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
JaiKor wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 7:15 pm
is there any expiray on this coupons like last holiday gift pack promo?
Check op post.
Thank you RFDer for:
Zoomer $36 plan 2GB Data 400 Minutes Free HUAWEI GR5
Cannet $35 plan 30M/5M Free Modem
Total GCR cashback $356.41

NEVER argue with a negative person.
You will always lose.
Dec 5, 2011
27 posts
11 upvotes
TORONTO
Better than a kick in the face I guess. The Free Popcorn, which can be upgraded to large for 50 cents is probably worth the effort. I bought a popcorn once a while ago, and it was $10.00 .
For popcorn. I am still in shock
Nov 29, 2013
294 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
May pick this up this time around, a few movies I want to see this summer and the expiry seems generous lasting throughout the summer, more so than last time.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
2739 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
lol, seems to be getting less and less each time
FS/FT: none atm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7464 posts
776 upvotes
Victoria
I'm surprised that these are valid during the summer movie season. They used to always be valid during movie doldrum times.... I'll definitely be picking these up. Always combine them with scene points and watching movies on Sundays :)
Dec 23, 2006
929 posts
108 upvotes
Oshawa
drifterTO wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 7:45 pm
Better than a kick in the face I guess. The Free Popcorn, which can be upgraded to large for 50 cents is probably worth the effort. I bought a popcorn once a while ago, and it was $10.00 .
For popcorn. I am still in shock
My complaint with Cineplex is when it comes to buying actual butter. Landmark Whitby (formerly AMC/Empire) would put butter in the middle and on the top for one price. Apparently to have it 'layered' as Cineplex calls it they charge you twice, which I think is wrong. At least I now know for next time I'll just use the free substitute stuff. Concession prices are crazy, but that is due to studios only giving the theatres pennies on the dollar for ticket sales so concessions are their big business. I still feel Cineplex should bring back free refills in Ontario and not blame it on BC laws that forbid them from doing that. Wouldn't really cost them much and it might entice people to actually buy the concessions who may refrain otherwise.

Still have a $40 winter sale gift card, but I may grab a couple of these for the coupons. I met with a head manager this afternoon about some issues I had with my local theatre and now I have a few free passes that I'll save for UltraAVX as she said there was no up charge with them. She insisted I take them as I had previously turned down compensation, heh.

The one thing I liked about Empire and Landmark was they allowed the BOGO coupons to be used for two different movies for those who didn't have people to go with. Sadly they changed that policy quite a while ago. Landmark also used to send out weekly or bi-weekly coupons via email that were usually pretty good, but I haven't seen those in ages. Maybe they'll resurface during the summer. I seek the best bang for my buck with movie watching.
May 23, 2008
746 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
zod wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 8:43 pm
I'm surprised that these are valid during the summer movie season. They used to always be valid during movie doldrum times....
As long as they've had this promotion, they've always run it once during the winter season and once in the summer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7464 posts
776 upvotes
Victoria
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 10:57 pm
As long as they've had this promotion, they've always run it once during the winter season and once in the summer.
Yah but usually it's not in the heart of movie season. They usually do starting later in the summer after all the big blockbusters have come out.
May 23, 2008
746 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
zod wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 1:42 am
Yah but usually it's not in the heart of movie season. They usually do starting later in the summer after all the big blockbusters have come out.
Nope. Both last year and the year before the summer promo ran from April to September.

cineplex-30-free-movie-gift-pack-mother ... l-1973081/

cineplex-gift-pack-30-gift-card-purchase-1723671/
Dec 3, 2009
137 posts
7 upvotes
venividivici wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 10:37 pm
My complaint with Cineplex is when it comes to buying actual butter. Landmark Whitby (formerly AMC/Empire) would put butter in the middle and on the top for one price. Apparently to have it 'layered' as Cineplex calls it they charge you twice, which I think is wrong. At least I now know for next time I'll just use the free substitute stuff. Concession prices are crazy, but that is due to studios only giving the theatres pennies on the dollar for ticket sales so concessions are their big business. I still feel Cineplex should bring back free refills in Ontario and not blame it on BC laws that forbid them from doing that. Wouldn't really cost them much and it might entice people to actually buy the concessions who may refrain otherwise.
Just for your information, I believe how Cineplex works is when you pay for 1 order of butter, you get a certain amount of "pumps" (depending on size of popcorn).

I've successfully asked for my popcorn to be "layered", but that I only wanted a single "order", and was charged only once.

Can you elaborate on what is this "BC Law" regarding free refills? I admit I've never heard of this...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)