Entertainment

Cineplex - no more Scene points with Timeplay?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2018 8:30 am
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
tebore wrote:
Jan 1st, 2015 12:35 am
Scene was always crap.
Whats to argue with an easy 10% off tusdays and esentially 10% off a preemo imax movie with the 100 point everytime?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1476 posts
461 upvotes
aliikram wrote:
Jan 1st, 2015 1:31 pm
Clearly he/she is either joking or is super-rich. If the latter though, I could think of tons of other things I would rather do with the money.
I'm a student. Funded by federal scholarship
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13281 posts
713 upvotes
whistlepig wrote:
Jan 1st, 2015 1:55 pm
Whats to argue with an easy 10% off tusdays and esentially 10% off a preemo imax movie with the 100 point everytime?
I have no complaints. Cashed in a 1000 PTS for an AVX ticket (worth 16 dollars). Bought a combo for my son. It was 23 (or was there a discount) but included another 1000 which is a free movie. So a medium popcorn, drink and skittles cost me 7 or so...
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10940 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
nalababe wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 5:43 pm
I have no complaints. Cashed in a 1000 PTS for an AVX ticket (worth 16 dollars). Bought a combo for my son. It was 23 (or was there a discount) but included another 1000 which is a free movie. So a medium popcorn, drink and skittles cost me 7 or so...
It's a 10% discount on concessions too....but if you were getting it for the extra 1000 points...you are actually basically paying for a ticket. That combo should not be more than $11 tops but they are such rip-offs with their concessions prices. However, if you usually buy these combos at that price...then I can see the value to you of those 1000 scene points.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10940 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
westssaa wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 3:43 am
I'm a student. Funded by federal scholarship
And you are using your scholarship money given to you to see 7 movies a week?!? :lol:
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13281 posts
713 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 6:42 pm
It's a 10% discount on concessions too....but if you were getting it for the extra 1000 points...you are actually basically paying for a ticket. That combo should not be more than $11 tops but they are such rip-offs with their concessions prices. However, if you usually buy these combos at that price...then I can see the value to you of those 1000 scene points.
Of course we would be buying popcorn and a drink at the very least. So for 23 dollars I essentially got my ticket free (16 dollars) at had a medium popcorn, drink and candy for 7 dollars.

Is it overpriced? Sure. But so is paying more than 2 dollars for beer at the pub...or more than 2 dollars for a glass of wine at a restaurant.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10940 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
nalababe wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 7:21 pm
Of course we would be buying popcorn and a drink at the very least. So for 23 dollars I essentially got my ticket free (16 dollars) at had a medium popcorn, drink and candy for 7 dollars.

Is it overpriced? Sure. But so is paying more than 2 dollars for beer at the pub...or more than 2 dollars for a glass of wine at a restaurant.
Well as long as you see value in what you are paying and are happy with it. Who am I to disagree?! ;)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15133 posts
11319 upvotes
Toronto
Got a reply from Timeplay. It was just December that decided to rip people off on points. They are back now.

"TimePlay ‏@TimePlayEnt 16h16 hours ago

@nbellotoronto @CineplexMovies @SCENECard points were not given out in December but their back & being given out to the top 10 players"

UPDATE - The points are back. Was at Scotiabank last night. Same as before, 50 points for top 5 players, 25 for next 5, nothing for the remaining losers.
Rex, eat the salad.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3253 posts
519 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 6:42 pm
The real value in Scene points and that combo is in using the 1000 points for a premium movie - sure, you can use the 1000 points for a $12 admission, but the real value is when you use them for the $18 IMAX 3D film or a $20 admission at the VIP theatre. Makes that $22 combo far more reasonable if you're getting a $18 or $20 ticket out of it (assuming you'd otherwise pay for those more expensive tickets, obviously - if you are happy with $12 regular seats then there isn't much value in this).
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
sprung wrote:
Jan 6th, 2015 10:03 am
Got a reply from Timeplay. It was just December that decided to rip people off on points. They are back now.
Makes sens from there pov; December is 1 of there popular months; Jan/Feb is the movie doledrums.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10940 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Jan 6th, 2015 10:03 am

"TimePlay ‏@TimePlayEnt 16h16 hours ago

@nbellotoronto @CineplexMovies @SCENECard points were not given out in December but their back & being given out to the top 10 players"

UPDATE - The points are back. Was at Scotiabank last night. Same as before, 50 points for top 5 players, 25 for next 5, nothing for the remaining losers.
You see, man, that's what I mean by ripping people off of scene points. You used to get 50 points JUST for playing Timeplay...even if your were NOT in the top 10. Then those in the Top ten would get the free drink with popcorn purchase or a free pizza pizza slice..and the top player would get a free something...like a medium pizza pizza or a popcorn or drink (like those slushy drinks) without any extra purchase.

Now, the top 10 get only points...and only the top 5 get 50 points...the last 5 get 25 points. And nobody in that top ten gets any bonus rewards/freebies like before.

That's just ripping off people who have been loyal to the Timeplay and scene points since the beginning. :(
Oct 8, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Anyone know if the buy a large drink and get a large popcorn for free still exist? I've been using my code for at least a year and now it stopped working. I keep missing timeplay. Anyone won another code recently? Please share, almost certain the code is generic. Thanks.

Also for some reason I didn't get 1k points deducted from my scene account . I think I'm in the clear cause I went to the movies on Friday Jan 23. It's now the 27 and no history of the 1k redemption. It's showing my recent credit purchases which is up to date. Lucky me, doesn't matter to me though if they fix it, got close to 24k points.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2607 posts
1160 upvotes
Vancouver
I was excited to see they finally had timeplay for windows phone...until I found out it was only compatible with windows 8.1 (my HTC Windows 8x apparently is not compatible) :(