Entertainment

Cineplex - no more Scene points with Timeplay?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2018 9:08 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10957 posts
1971 upvotes
Toronto
deathgod007 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2015 12:04 am
Anyone know if the buy a large drink and get a large popcorn for free still exist? I've been using my code for at least a year and now it stopped working. I keep missing timeplay. Anyone won another code recently? Please share, almost certain the code is generic. Thanks.

Also for some reason I didn't get 1k points deducted from my scene account . I think I'm in the clear cause I went to the movies on Friday Jan 23. It's now the 27 and no history of the 1k redemption. It's showing my recent credit purchases which is up to date. Lucky me, doesn't matter to me though if they fix it, got close to 24k points.
You can kiss the coupon code goodbye for free popcorn with the drink. It has not existed for a very long time.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Oct 8, 2013
10 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote:
Feb 4th, 2015 5:49 am
You can kiss the coupon code goodbye for free popcorn with the drink. It has not existed for a very long time.
Damn looks like I'm never going to order anything from them. Way too overpriced.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1920 posts
350 upvotes
timeplay used to be a cool add on to the overall movie experience, and I made the effort to arrive early in order to play

now it's just a joke, and people are now being frustrated with the system, that now crashes almost all the time (I couldn't connect on the last 2 of 3 times i went to the movies, and the app kicked me out on the third one)... plus the prizes are just crap

if they want to reward player who ends up in 1st place, they should give him/her 100 points, and then the rest 50 points for participating... but they are now so greedy, they only give 50 to places 1-5, and 25 to places 6-10... so if you dont win, you now feel awful because you get crap-all, and i know some people who now deleted the app, in order to save them from the grievance of a crappy system

well done cineplex... in a very short time you turned a great idea, into a garbage reward program who now makes people frustrated :facepalm:
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1476 posts
461 upvotes
anyone tried playing in multiple auditoriums in a day?

possible?

use 1 phone only.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10957 posts
1971 upvotes
Toronto
westssaa wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2015 8:38 pm
anyone tried playing in multiple auditoriums in a day?

possible?

use 1 phone only.
No, that won't work...once you play that day, even if you try to play again at another Auditorium and you win, the App will tell you that your already have played TimePlay that day and you won't get any extra points or rewards. So you can only play once per phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
Scorpionsy wrote:
Mar 4th, 2015 1:09 am
No, that won't work...once you play that day, even if you try to play again at another Auditorium and you win, the App will tell you that your already have played TimePlay that day and you won't get any extra points or rewards. So you can only play once per phone.
The trick is to simply set-up in your mobile command centre just outside the theatre and then use your 100 smartphone array to mine those SCENE points like there's no tomorrow!

[IMG]http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/upl ... lation.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10957 posts
1971 upvotes
Toronto
whistlepig wrote:
Mar 4th, 2015 5:24 am
The trick is to simply set-up in your mobile command centre just outside the theatre and then use your 100 smartphone array to mine those SCENE points like there's no tomorrow!

[IMG]http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/upl ... lation.jpg[/IMG]
I wish it were that easy...LOL! :lol:

You would also need 100 different scene member accounts, as each app has you include your membership number which is tied to your points.

So still, you won't get more than those 50 points per day no matter how many times you play and win and no matter how many phones you use at the same time.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15761 posts
12323 upvotes
Toronto
Timplay app got a big update today. On a related note, the new Hopper game on Timeplay lets you earn even more Scene points. I've only found it at Scotibank Cinema in Toronto so far

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAjOXn_UgAAcKMY.jpg:large[/IMG]
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1476 posts
461 upvotes
blainehamilton wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2016 3:45 pm
Bumping this old thread.

Noticed this past week time play no longer gives scene points just some stupid food game, lame tmnt trivia and a link to purchase tmnt tickets.
location dependant
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8139 posts
843 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I still got the standard 50 points for Timeplay if I'm in the top 3. I did notice the trivia games are shorter and replaced with that Outback game which is just horrible.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6332 posts
302 upvotes
GT'eh
Scorpionsy wrote:
Mar 8th, 2015 2:07 pm
I wish it were that easy...LOL! :lol:

You would also need 100 different scene member accounts, as each app has you include your membership number which is tied to your points.

So still, you won't get more than those 50 points per day no matter how many times you play and win and no matter how many phones you use at the same time.
FWIW, it may be easier to score free movies from cereal boxes than to set up a mobile command centre like this.
You may be better off getting a scene debit card and find a place that lets you pay for rent & food & living expenses and your looking at 2 free movies a month.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7787 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
blainehamilton wrote:
Bumping this old thread.

Noticed this past week time play no longer gives scene points just some stupid food game, lame tmnt trivia and a link to purchase tmnt tickets.
I got 50 points yesterday for 3rd place... it involved some multiplayer game which i missed out on, and two tmnt questions. I also got the offer to buy tickets which was lame.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2562 posts
640 upvotes
Vaughan
blainehamilton wrote:
Bumping this old thread.

I noticed that the first time they introduced these new timeplay games, didnt get scene pts. Went last weekend and got 50 scene pts + BOGO poutine. Even though it doesnt say scene pts, I believe you still do now.