• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2014 3:33 pm
Jan 8, 2006
37 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga
Turpentine wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 9:43 am
If someone here was able to watch movies bought at the Cineplex Store through the CinemaNow app, let me know. On my side none of the movies I bought shows up there. Same think with Ultraviolet. I cannot get the Cineplex movies to show up anywhere else than the ancient Roxio player or directly through their website.
I was able to stream Ultraviolet movies through the PS3 CinemaNow app by linking my Ultraviolet account to my CinemaNow account on the CinemaNow website. I assume I will also be able to stream through the CinemaNow app on other devices.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1146 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
disneyguru wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 2:35 pm
I bought World War Z digital... and turned out it's not Ultraviolet. Stuck watching it on a 13in laptop... couldn't stream to PS3, must be protected or locked.

On another note, it's suck that I paid extra for digital in HD (should be 4GB) but Cineplex gives it in SD format (1.4GB) Tried phoning and waited over an hour with no success. They don't care now that they have the monopoly in this business.
Same thing happened for me and they ended up giving me a code to get any other digital copy on their site (was on hold for half an hour or so on the phone though).
I sended up getting the HD Elysium w/ UV just for the points. ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2003
1318 posts
70 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 4:09 pm
anyone else's movies on backorder?
i ordered Hobbit extended bluray on black friday, didn't get it until mid Dec.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1995 posts
204 upvotes
Thornhill
nuropa wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 4:48 pm
well fack.

did not see that coming.
May 7, 2010
512 posts
48 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Turpentine wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 10:08 am
27" iMac. The resolution is actually too high. But agreed that I haven't tried it on my 42" 720p TV because that would require finding a way to watch these stupid movies on something else than a computer. Gggrrr...
I got 27" monitor also and a good dvdrip/720p movies/shows are fine to watch there. But i watch most of my movies on my 70" screen and sometimes even 1080p looks just meh. :lol:
Apr 11, 2006
96 posts
Toronto
Ahh...I was going to go for Round 2 as I finally decided to get a few more blu-rays to my collection. Darn, missed it. Will love to know if this sale will come back again soon! :(
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1201 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
nuropa wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 4:48 pm
Same here. I ordered 2 backordered television series + free Cineplex pass on Black Friday and started to worry that it wouldn't arrive for Christmas. Finally, the Cineplex pass arrived solo on December 18th. The first TV DVD set arrived on December 20th. The second TV DVD set arrived on December 23rd.
Sep 16, 2008
300 posts
49 upvotes
Anyway to tell when these are shipped? Mine all say submitted, only 2 are at payment settled as the rest are backordered.
Dec 5, 2005
973 posts
210 upvotes
YYC
Did you check your orders on the site? Mine is pretty accurate. 'Backorder' does not necessarily mean it's out of stock... Seems to be a placeholder.

Example: Ordered on 12-21. "Shipped" email received 12-24. Item arrived 12-30. Better than BB/FS with their $5/$10 off sale.
Feb 21, 2003
873 posts
13 upvotes
My digital downloads keep dropping out of my content. ..I have to call in again. :*(
Sep 16, 2008
300 posts
49 upvotes
Well my movie passes shipped but the two movies for the passes haven't yet
Jan 2, 2005
118 posts
Toronto
I put in 10 orders right before boxing day. Nothing has shipped yet even though they've already taken the payments out of my account for over half of them. Even the ones that say payment settled in my account haven't shipped or the passes.