Boxing Day 2013 Deals Archive

Boxing week sale 50% off with movie pass

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2014 3:33 pm
Jan 24, 2013
35 posts
7 upvotes
To put things in context, yesterday I received my free movie pass...that I ordered Nov 29th during the Black Friday sale. It took over a month just to get a free movie ticket.
Dec 5, 2005
869 posts
152 upvotes
YYC
Received a whack of emails today with order updates, so I guess they work on New Year's Day...
Jul 14, 2008
253 posts
62 upvotes
Montreal
To echo what someone mentioned earlier regarding the digital downloads, HD movies are not all of the same quality, far from that... Toy Story 2 shows up at 3,500 k/s and it indeed looks absolutely beautiful on my 42" 720p. Prisoners and Now You See Me, both also supposedly HD, show up instead as 2,200 k/s in Roxio Player and clearly have lower image quality. In fact, Wolverine, which I bought in SD, is of similar quality. I don't understand what is going on. Anyway, at least I finally found a way to get rid of the DRM and play them on my Apple TV...
Sep 16, 2008
296 posts
40 upvotes
I received my first of 8 movies ordered today in the mail. Ordered on 26th. Despicable Me was supposedly backordered but showed up with the movie pass today. Weird thing though, Top Gun 3D was in stock went into shipped status earlier and that didn't arrive today.
Jul 26, 2010
734 posts
67 upvotes
Burlington
Here's my 'The Shield - The Complete Series' story. A long-time fan of this exceptional series, I was looking forward to a crisp and clear Blu-ray set for my home collection. But as we now know, it's not available from Sony. Over the last decade with all the media upgrading progress, this is a disappointment. So it's back to DVDs.

It was very exciting to see the major price drop of the complete seven-season set at both Cineplex and Walmart. But Walmart was OOS on-line, so since I've been a customer of Cineplex for a while, I ordered from them aware of their flawed delivery process. So all in $Can26.54 with 1 free GA ticket I figured that was the better deal for me.

Ordered Dec.20th, On backorder, Received today Jan.8th. Not a problem with the delayed delivery and probably the best DVD deal I'll score for 2013/2014. :)
Aug 30, 2012
951 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
Customer service was great as well, it took well over 30 minutes to get in touch with the cineplex store but speak-phone does wonders for call waiting :) The rep apologized and despite me ordering the same movie again and gain just to redeem the points she still give me my points as I did not receive it for one order.
Oct 31, 2012
500 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
napoleon1769 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2014 1:26 pm
I emailed them about not receiving movie tickets but did not receive a reply. Do I have to call in? Is there a email?
did you receive your movie?
May 19, 2012
1 posts
kris07 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2014 1:56 pm
did you receive your movie?
I can't speak for napoleon, but I received the first of my backordered movies today - no movie pass in the parcel, or on the packing slip inside the parcel. The pass is shown as shipped in my Cineplex account, however. Not sure if it would have been shipped separately?
Sep 16, 2008
296 posts
40 upvotes
I've received 3 of 8. All but 2 have shipped. I received 1 movie separate from the movie ticket so far. The ticket came before the movie. So far so good , just takes forever the shipping. Canadapost might be some of the reason for this though
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1175 posts
118 upvotes
I received 2 movies so far. Got a notice 2 more movies have shipped. I haven't received any movie passes yet even though they marked the passes as shipped.
Sep 16, 2008
296 posts
40 upvotes
Got 2 more movies today only 3 left to reciever. I got 6 of 8 movie passes. So far so good. I'm pretty happy with the deals I got!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1175 posts
118 upvotes
Just an update: My next movie came with the movie pass inside the envelope. And the last two movies had it stapled to the receipt. I finally received the two passes from the first two movies yesterday. Both came in separate envelopes.
Doug wrote:
Jan 13th, 2014 1:10 pm
I received 2 movies so far. Got a notice 2 more movies have shipped. I haven't received any movie passes yet even though they marked the passes as shipped.