Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6641 posts
2786 upvotes

Dark Knight Trilogy IMAX - One Day Only 04/20/19 Toronto

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Cinesphere
This is part of Batman's 80th anniversary celebration. Toronto Cinesphere is one of only five IMAX location worldwide to have this promo. Note, when they had the 10th anniversary screenings of the Dark Knight last summer for one week at the Cineshpere, the weekend dates sold out (weekday dates may have as well) Tickets go on sale at noon today... guessing it'll be $30-$45 all in, but purchase link isn't live yet.

Schedule:
Batman Begins – 12:00PM to 2:20PM
The Dark Knight – 4:00pm to 6:32pm
*Footage of Christopher Nolan Q&A from LA on March 30th will be shown starting at 6:32pm (length TBC)
The Dark Knight Rises – 8:00pm to 10:44pm

Notes:
* Purchases include some one-off Dark Knight Trilogy collectable
* Only the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises were shot with 70mm IMAX scenes.
* You can get validated parking at Ontario Place with your Cinesphere ticket.
* Cinesphere seating is first-come-first-serve.
20 replies
Nov 29, 2018
64 posts
114 upvotes
DK and DKR were both great in IMAX.

That being said, there is a 100% chance the theater will reek of weed that day
Mar 11, 2019
22 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to watch Inception at the Cinesphere and they cancelled the event like 2 hrs before it was supposed to happen and never refunded us...
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2601 posts
824 upvotes
Da boot
Great movies, that poster they made for it is pretty amazing. I wouldn't pay $60 just to see them in Imax again though.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2895 posts
646 upvotes
Watched Dark Knight twice on Imax, VERY WORTH IT.
Jan 3, 2013
318 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Too expensive and no good food options there. Wonder if they will open up ticket to one individual movie if they don't sell out.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5728 posts
1580 upvotes
Scarborough
shof123 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 12:10 pm
Tried to watch Inception at the Cinesphere and they cancelled the event like 2 hrs before it was supposed to happen and never refunded us...
Wtf? What happened?
Mar 11, 2019
22 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 1:42 pm
Wtf? What happened?
Around Valentine's Day they were playing Inception. We bought tickets then got an email 2 hrs before the event saying it was cancelled because they were having technical issues. Luckily we hadn't left our house yet. They said we could use it on another Inception screening but we couldn't make those days
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1345 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto
Oh man, I would’ve wanted to go but it looks like the tickets are for all 3 (I can’t spend the whole day there). I would’ve been interested for just TDK but then again I guess a lot of people would have too.
Oct 18, 2017
95 posts
98 upvotes
New Brunswick
shof123 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 4:41 pm
Around Valentine's Day they were playing Inception. We bought tickets then got an email 2 hrs before the event saying it was cancelled because they were having technical issues. Luckily we hadn't left our house yet. They said we could use it on another Inception screening but we couldn't make those days
I feel like if you went in and made a fuss, you could have gotten a refund probably :/
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13209 posts
3774 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like fun, but that's way too much movie watching in one day, for me.
Mar 13, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
I got a full refund for Inception, entirely fuss free! They were pretty nice and understanding about it. As soon as we couldn't make the viewing, we called the box office and asked if we could get refunded because of the format change & cancellation and they referred us to an email. Someone called a week later and processed the refund over the phone. I'm not sure if you can still do it now but it's worth a try?
Still so disappointed that they cancelled it though :(. I never got to see Inception in theatres when it came out, but I used to rewatch it obsessively as a 14 year old, so really wanted to see the movie on the big screen as a nostalgia trip lol. I hope they replay it somewhere for the anniversary or something Disappointed But Relieved Face