Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIRA

Register .ca domain for $0.99 at many domain companies

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 11:11 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2498 posts
991 upvotes

Register .ca domain for $0.99 at many domain companies

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Retailer:
CIRA
To celebrate 150 years of Canada, CIRA has teamed up with many domain companies to allow you to purchase domains at 0.99.
It's 1 per account but there is a few participating companies so you can register multiple.
There is 3 at the moment but it changes so you can check back later to see if there is any other.

1. Go to CIRA and search for domain you want.
2. Banner will show up after search showing participating registrars and some will show 0.99 price.
3. Click and pay for the domain at participating registrar.
58 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2498 posts
991 upvotes
Forgot...make sure to disable auto-renew as chances are you are not going to need it after a year.
Some registrars don't allow online auto-renew disable so call them or chat with them to remove auto-renew.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1398 posts
922 upvotes
Nice find OP. Very rarely do .ca's go on sale. Too bad I just registered and renewed a domain in February :(
Penalty Box
Feb 26, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
x_x just bought a domain for 10 bucks literally 2 days back..

Argh !!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1258 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Just did a search for asgjkhs.ca and the following are clearly $0.99-$1:
rebel
webhostingcanada
register.ca
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Just thought about registering a .CA domain but couldn't afford the $9.99 price tag.

Thanks OP
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5434 posts
4847 upvotes
Toronto
I'd register if you could do it for multiple years at that price. But seems like it's only for 1 year.

.ca is highly limited and very specific for general use, .com is still king in vast majority of cases.
Jun 21, 2010
776 posts
617 upvotes
London
Being a newbie, can I get some recommendations on a provider, if I am a newbie and just starting out.
I do not expect much data usage, just putting up some travel pictures and emails back and forth.
TELUS Mobility
CAN/US $30 75GB x 4
CAN/US POM Tablet $0.00 x 2
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3152 posts
1862 upvotes
norrric wrote: Being a newbie, can I get some recommendations on a provider, if I am a newbie and just starting out.
I do not expect much data usage, just putting up some travel pictures and emails back and forth.
www.buyshared.net has been great for me since I switched a couple years ago.
Jan 31, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
Generally, ".com" domains are more popular and easier to remember than ".ca". 1&1 Internet Hosting is currently offering ".com" domain registration for $0.99/yr CDN.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1769 posts
671 upvotes
Bedford
domain newbe here.. Can I purchase a 99 cent domain and just set it to redirect somewhere else? Are there any extra costs to do this?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
kevintaylor2 wrote: Generally, ".com" domains are more popular and easier to remember than ".ca".
wow, that's good to know... but too bad that all the good & short names (which are key in the cell phone age) were already taken by 2008, and unless you are independently wealthy, you could never afford to buy them.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Once again, a Public Service Announcement:

WATCH OUT WHEN SIGNING UP WITH REBEL!!

they do not allow you to let a domain expire and auto-renew you automatically 2 months before it expires. 99-cents sounds good, but if you just buy a pile of stuff cuz it's cheap, you will end up owing them a pile of cash in 10 months, with no way to get out of it other than to delete your payment info and ignore their "you owe us $XXXXX' emails.

you can also cancel the domain 9 months in or transfer it out to another registrar, but this "Domain for Life" scam they're currently running is very troubling and makes them a "stay far away from" vendor. the major issue for me is if I want to keep 3 domains and let 5 expire, there is absolutely no way to do this with Rebel other than manually cancelling the 5 URLs within 9 months, thereby losing 3 months of usage.
Jan 31, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: wow, that's good to know... but too bad that all the good & short names (which are key in the cell phone age) were already taken by 2008, and unless you are independently wealthy, you could never afford to buy them.
I am thinking more in terms of a ".com" domain with something such as "myuniquecompanyname@.com" or using the domain for "myemail@firstname.lastname.com".
Jun 21, 2015
84 posts
63 upvotes
Rocky View, AB
Other than the obvious headaches, are there any further downsides to rebel's tactics? In particular, If I remove my payment information (and thus they can't auto charge my card), could their be credit score implications?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)