Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CISCO

FREE: Cisco Meraki Cloud Managed Switching MS220-8P with 3yr licence

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 7:10 pm
Jul 10, 2017
120 posts
148 upvotes
janitej wrote: SO MAINLY i can use it for 3 years for my home network?
Officially, no.

Some key points:
  • Register with their company email address.
  • Be an IT professional working in one of the countries listed below, (ii) have an active role of managing, maintaining, or monitoring their organization’s network infrastructure, and (iii) be employed by the company.
  • You also represent that your acquirement and use of the Promotional Device will be for your company’s corporate purpose (not for personal use) and in accordance with all applicable laws.
  • Due to abuse, we cannot provide Promotional Devices to individuals who register with yahoo, gmail, hotmail, and other email domains not registered to your company.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
vkizzle wrote: My switch has shipped!
These things retail for USD $680?
Yes, but good luck getting a decent price on kijiji etc. The market is flooded with these things and they're not very useful to individuals because anyone can get it for free by watching a webinar. Once the three years run out, you have a nice looking paperweight because the new license is extremely expensive. It's like permanently leasing your device. I'd much rather run opnsense :)

And companies don't want to buy through kijiji, they'd rather spend the extra 400$ and get it from Meraki directly with a warranty and an invoice.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
TheWalrus wrote: Yes, but good luck getting a decent price on kijiji etc. The market is flooded with these things and they're not very useful to individuals because anyone can get it for free by watching a webinar. Once the three years run out, you have a nice looking paperweight because the new license is extremely expensive. It's like permanently leasing your device. I'd much rather run opnsense :)

And companies don't want to buy through kijiji, they'd rather spend the extra 400$ and get it from Meraki directly with a warranty and an invoice.
Please refer to post#58.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
sid8tive wrote: I just did this last week. They sent me the MS120-8LP, the successor/platform refresh of the MS220-8P! I even did the MX and the Wireless AP webinar. So, now have the entire Meraki stack to abuse for 3 years :)

Edit: corrected grammar.
That's the one I got according to the email packing list..."MS120-8LP-HW"
Feb 13, 2004
154 posts
180 upvotes
BTDT, and IMO it's not worth it.

Sure, it's a nice switch. But it becomes a paperweight once the license is up unless you plan to renew.
You also have to deal with multiple sales calls and emails.

To me it's the networking equivalent of taking a vacation "deal" with the added bonus of having to sit through timeshare pitches.

I would rather pay more $$ to be left alone.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
Well, you have a point. However, in 3y, it's time to upgrade anyway. I used to upgrade parts of my network every 2-3 years. So, if there is such a "vacation deal", no harm :)

Also, PSA: The MR-33 Wireless Access Point now has LEDE/OpenWRT support! So, you can free the beast ;) See: https://openwrt.org/toh/meraki/mr33.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26212 posts
39761 upvotes
Toronto
jacky190424 wrote: What does it mean?
If you to ask this I'm guessing you're not the intended target. In other words, not an IT professional...
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5291 posts
6491 upvotes
sid8tive wrote: I just did this last week. They sent me the MS120-8LP, the successor/platform refresh of the MS220-8P! I even did the MX and the Wireless AP webinar. So, now have the entire Meraki stack to abuse for 3 years :)

Edit: corrected grammar.
How did you get it do fast? I've watched the video now enough times now to be a certified Meraki trainer and haven't received anything since August on-wards.

Cheers, KH
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
KravenHead wrote: How did you get it do fast? I've watched the video now enough times now to be a certified Meraki trainer and haven't received anything since August on-wards.

Cheers, KH
I wrote to webinar@meraki.com to expedite. And even called the rep, left voicemails :) basically, bugged them, hehehe.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
KravenHead wrote: How did you get it do fast? I've watched the video now enough times now to be a certified Meraki trainer and haven't received anything since August on-wards.

Cheers, KH
What industry are you in?
I work in the tech industry and was contacted a few days after watching the seminar.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2325 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sprung wrote: If you to ask this I'm guessing you're not the intended target. In other words, not an IT professional...
I'm a software engineer not a networking IT guy
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up and went brought the webinar, but never got the email about the switch being delivered or email?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5291 posts
6491 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: What industry are you in?
I work in the tech industry and was contacted a few days after watching the seminar.
Aerospace. Nada so far.

Cheers, K
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
KravenHead wrote: Aerospace. Nada so far.

Cheers, K
RFD effect may be too much for them...LOL
May 7, 2018
96 posts
63 upvotes
I work for a telecom company that sells the products so I'm not eligible :(

someone get me one!!! :) lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5291 posts
6491 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: RFD effect may be too much for them...LOL
Must be. I even sent them an email and haven't received a response either.

Cheers, K
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
Never heard anything back when I did this. Shame
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
What happens if you do get hit with customs/brokerage? Since its a "free" thing, how is it handled? I may be in that situation and hence wanted to know.
Dec 8, 2012
987 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary
Hey everyone. I requested the device for myself, but I didn't know it doesn't work without subscription. So, I decided to sell it on ebay and get a ubiquiti us-16-150 instead. What is the country code they all asking about? Is there a way to know without connecting it to the network? And what about that 3yrs licence? Is it some kind of file or string? Or switch just receive the first 3 years for free automatically?