Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1298 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto

Cisco-Linksys E2000 on DD-WRT - Opening port for DVR Web viewing

Is there some kind of firewall I have to disable or something? I opened the port exactly the same way I did on my Linksys WRT54G router (works perfectly). Everything works on the E2000, except for the DVR web viewing. I cant access ny DVR via web browser or on my iPhone. I tested the port to see if they are open, and it is open. So I am not sure what I did wrong.. Can anyone help?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
tonershop wrote: Is there some kind of firewall I have to disable or something? I opened the port exactly the same way I did on my Linksys WRT54G router (works perfectly). Everything works on the E2000, except for the DVR web viewing. I cant access ny DVR via web browser or on my iPhone. I tested the port to see if they are open, and it is open. So I am not sure what I did wrong.. Can anyone help?

You haven't really given any information that is helpful about your set up. Try this -- from a remote location (a friend's house), open a telnet session and connect to your IP address on port 80. Assuming port 80 is what you've forwarded from your DVR. If you can connect then things are working. If not, then you've made a mistake somewhere.

More information need for better help. DVR type, ports it requires, etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1298 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto
My port 80 is open (using another network to connect to it) on my old router. My new router is setup the same way, double check it many times. I am using this DVR: 8 Channel Elite Series H.264 Realtime Security DVR

http://www.securitycameraking.com/8-cha ... -prd1.html

The port it required is 37777 and 37778 as well as port 80.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Post screen caps of your port forwarding tables.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)