• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2012 12:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
6637 posts
1557 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote:
May 13th, 2012 8:52 am
In particular its DTMF (touch-tone) handling is excellent, and the audio quality when using its FXO port is perfect...unlike the SPA3102
I have an SPA3102. I have never experienced DTMF issues, but I'm using firmware 5.2.13(February 2012). I'm aware of people using older firmware versions having issues with DTMF.

Audio quality on the PTSN line, when set to G711u, is perfect. G711u is G711u. 5.2.13 fixed a problem where the preferred codec setting was ignored. I can't speak to older firmware versions.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1738 posts
441 upvotes
That's good to hear. Did you ever have any issues with echo when using PSTN, before the firmware update? If not, is there any secret to that? :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
6637 posts
1557 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote:
May 13th, 2012 10:09 am
That's good to hear. Did you ever have any issues with echo when using PSTN, before the firmware update?
No. But I did have the PSTN line set to the G711u codec.

If not, is there any secret to that?

Not that I'm aware of. But

Echo Canc Enable:
Echo Canc Adapt Enable:
Echo Supp Enable:

are all set to "yes" on the PSTN Line tab.

Before the firmware update, I did have callerID not passing through the name (only the phone number) on the PSTN line.
I can't confirm whether that's been fixed on the SPA3102 with the latest firmware.

I'm thinking of checking out an Obi202 just for the Google Voice. I'm wondering whether it's possible to configure Freephoneline, Google Voice, and Voip.ms all
on the same voip line without needing to use a third party routing service (like sipsorcery). But with free calls likely dying in 2013 with Google Voice, I don't know
if it's worth it.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1738 posts
441 upvotes
It should be possible with the OBi202 since it supports four VoIP services. The OBi100 and OBi110 only support two.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
6637 posts
1557 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote:
May 13th, 2012 10:48 am
It should be possible with the OBi202 since it supports four VoIP services. The OBi100 and OBi110 only support two.

These obi products appear to have a built-in DISA option as well, which the SPA3102 lacks. I think I'll check out the OBi202.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2003
443 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
Webslinger wrote:
May 13th, 2012 11:21 am
These obi products appear to have a built-in DISA option as well, which the SPA3102 lacks. I think I'll check out the OBi202.

...and that's where using Voip.ms comes in handy... :razz:
Mar 3, 2006
89 posts
19 upvotes
I just got started with VOIP stuff and picked up one of these a month ago. Anyone care to answer a few questions for me?

I bought this adapter not realizing it only supports 1 line. I was hoping to use both a free voip service like FPL and voip.ms, but there is only 1 line port on this so I think I am limited to 1 voip provider. Sadly the cheaper pap2t and 2102 seem to support 2 lines so you can run 2 providers and you can have 2 calls going on simultaneously. This is a feature I wish the 3102 had.

Anyone know what benefit this fxo port is? I would assume most people buying a voip adapter like this are interested in ditching their local telephone POTS line and using a voip provider instead. Is the fxo port usefull for anything if I cancel my local telephone provider? Or is it only usefull if you are using both a local telephone provider pots line, and another voip provider?

Sorry for the newbish questions.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1785 posts
68 upvotes
q95 wrote:
May 14th, 2012 10:39 pm
I just got started with VOIP stuff and picked up one of these a month ago. Anyone care to answer a few questions for me?

I bought this adapter not realizing it only supports 1 line. I was hoping to use both a free voip service like FPL and voip.ms, but there is only 1 line port on this so I think I am limited to 1 voip provider. Sadly the cheaper pap2t and 2102 seem to support 2 lines so you can run 2 providers and you can have 2 calls going on simultaneously. This is a feature I wish the 3102 had.

Anyone know what benefit this fxo port is? I would assume most people buying a voip adapter like this are interested in ditching their local telephone POTS line and using a voip provider instead. Is the fxo port usefull for anything if I cancel my local telephone provider? Or is it only usefull if you are using both a local telephone provider pots line, and another voip provider?

Sorry for the newbish questions.

if you want FPL and voip.ms to ring the same phone then you bought the correct one. if you wanted it to ring separate phone then yea you bought the wrong one.
Jul 11, 2008
527 posts
170 upvotes
3102 and 2102

Other than one being better by a 1000, what is the real difference and limitations. I can get a 2102 cheap, and want to set it to a provider like phone power, but also to another for overseas, is this possible with the 2102? Can you guys direct me to a forum that talks about this stuff, or you guys are already a part of?

Thanks in advance

mp
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
6637 posts
1557 upvotes
max011 wrote:
May 14th, 2012 10:16 pm
...and that's where using Voip.ms comes in handy... :razz:

And why would I want to pay a monthly charge for an extra DID I don't need? Oh yeah, right

I don't.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1118 posts
67 upvotes
leidreamer wrote:
May 15th, 2012 5:15 am
i find one post OBI110 setting with Google Voice, Fongo, and Voip.ms http://www.crazypig.org/2012/05/14/obi1 ... d-voip-ms/
any one try this? it would be work?

Thanks for the information. That is my ultimate goal and also to create to option of callback feature with auto attendant so I can make cheap long distance calls from my cellphone. Still reading my head is about to explode. Already have a obi110 so looking at moving my phone number from Bell to FPL for local calls, voip.ms for international calling and setup gv for US calling.
Mar 8, 2009
439 posts
44 upvotes
What service provider has the best VOIP service?
Mar 3, 2010
209 posts
18 upvotes
maddawg wrote:
May 15th, 2012 8:19 am
Thanks for the information. That is my ultimate goal and also to create to option of callback feature with auto attendant so I can make cheap long distance calls from my cellphone. Still reading my head is about to explode. Already have a obi110 so looking at moving my phone number from Bell to FPL for local calls, voip.ms for international calling and setup gv for US calling.
you can use X_InboundCallRoute to do call back
× < >