Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Cisco SPA3102 Voice Gateway with Router for $58.99 @www.computervalley.ca

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2012 12:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
Webslinger wrote: These obi products appear to have a built-in DISA option as well, which the SPA3102 lacks. I think I'll check out the OBi202.

...and that's where using Voip.ms comes in handy... :razz:
Mar 3, 2006
89 posts
19 upvotes
I just got started with VOIP stuff and picked up one of these a month ago. Anyone care to answer a few questions for me?

I bought this adapter not realizing it only supports 1 line. I was hoping to use both a free voip service like FPL and voip.ms, but there is only 1 line port on this so I think I am limited to 1 voip provider. Sadly the cheaper pap2t and 2102 seem to support 2 lines so you can run 2 providers and you can have 2 calls going on simultaneously. This is a feature I wish the 3102 had.

Anyone know what benefit this fxo port is? I would assume most people buying a voip adapter like this are interested in ditching their local telephone POTS line and using a voip provider instead. Is the fxo port usefull for anything if I cancel my local telephone provider? Or is it only usefull if you are using both a local telephone provider pots line, and another voip provider?

Sorry for the newbish questions.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
q95 wrote: I just got started with VOIP stuff and picked up one of these a month ago. Anyone care to answer a few questions for me?

I bought this adapter not realizing it only supports 1 line. I was hoping to use both a free voip service like FPL and voip.ms, but there is only 1 line port on this so I think I am limited to 1 voip provider. Sadly the cheaper pap2t and 2102 seem to support 2 lines so you can run 2 providers and you can have 2 calls going on simultaneously. This is a feature I wish the 3102 had.

Anyone know what benefit this fxo port is? I would assume most people buying a voip adapter like this are interested in ditching their local telephone POTS line and using a voip provider instead. Is the fxo port usefull for anything if I cancel my local telephone provider? Or is it only usefull if you are using both a local telephone provider pots line, and another voip provider?

Sorry for the newbish questions.

if you want FPL and voip.ms to ring the same phone then you bought the correct one. if you wanted it to ring separate phone then yea you bought the wrong one.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
3102 and 2102

Other than one being better by a 1000, what is the real difference and limitations. I can get a 2102 cheap, and want to set it to a provider like phone power, but also to another for overseas, is this possible with the 2102? Can you guys direct me to a forum that talks about this stuff, or you guys are already a part of?

Thanks in advance

mp
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
max011 wrote: ...and that's where using Voip.ms comes in handy... :razz:

And why would I want to pay a monthly charge for an extra DID I don't need? Oh yeah, right

I don't.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
leidreamer wrote: i find one post OBI110 setting with Google Voice, Fongo, and Voip.ms http://www.crazypig.org/2012/05/14/obi1 ... d-voip-ms/
any one try this? it would be work?

Thanks for the information. That is my ultimate goal and also to create to option of callback feature with auto attendant so I can make cheap long distance calls from my cellphone. Still reading my head is about to explode. Already have a obi110 so looking at moving my phone number from Bell to FPL for local calls, voip.ms for international calling and setup gv for US calling.
Mar 8, 2009
449 posts
44 upvotes
What service provider has the best VOIP service?
Mar 3, 2010
211 posts
18 upvotes
maddawg wrote: Thanks for the information. That is my ultimate goal and also to create to option of callback feature with auto attendant so I can make cheap long distance calls from my cellphone. Still reading my head is about to explode. Already have a obi110 so looking at moving my phone number from Bell to FPL for local calls, voip.ms for international calling and setup gv for US calling.
you can use X_InboundCallRoute to do call back
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
Webslinger wrote: And why would I want to pay a monthly charge for an extra DID I don't need? Oh yeah, right

I don't.

I do pay for it, yes, because I do need a DID to take adventage of Voip.ms LD rates… So, again, yes, I will gladly pay $0.99 a month for a DID and all of the options they offered me. Take a look at FreePhoneLine obscene LD prices.. I get my $1 back after couple of minutes of LD talk over Voip.ms...
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
max011 wrote: I do pay for it, yes, because I do need a DID to take adventage of Voip.ms LD rates… So, again, yes, I will gladly pay $0.99 a month for a DID and all of the options they offered me. Take a look at FreePhoneLine obscene LD prices.. I get my $1 back after couple of minutes of LD talk over Voip.ms...

You need a DID from voip.ms for the low rate? I think not. I pay half a cent for Canada and got rid of my did ages ago.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
max011 wrote: I do pay for it, yes, because I do need a DID to take adventage of Voip.ms LD rates
No. You don't. You can get voip.ms long distance rates without paying for a DID.

So why would I want to pay a monthly charge for an extra DID I don't need? Oh yeah, right

I don't.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
SPA3102 is a good device, I have been using it for the past 2 years with FPL and three other SIP providers (SIP gateways)

however I have a problem with this device, whenever my primary SIP account (FPL) is not available or it's offline (for example FPL service is down) I cannot dial out using my other SIP providers (I don't even have Dial tone)

does anyone know if there is a way to get around this problem?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2290 posts
1949 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote: SPA3102 is a good device, I have been using it for the past 2 years with FPL and three other SIP providers (SIP gateways)

however I have a problem with this device, whenever my primary SIP account (FPL) is not available or it's offline (for example FPL service is down) I cannot dial out using my other SIP providers (I don't even have Dial tone)

does anyone know if there is a way to get around this problem?

I believe this is something you can configure in the dial plan so that if you press a particular key sequence, it will switch to the other VoIP line. I think you have to use the tag <:@gwX> where 'X' is either 0 or 1 to indicate which gateway to use. Google it and I'm sure you'll find the details to the answer you're looking for.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
ShinNoodles wrote: I believe this is something you can configure in the dial plan so that if you press a particular key sequence, it will switch to the other VoIP line. I think you have to use the tag <:@gwX> where 'X' is either 0 or 1 to indicate which gateway to use. Google it and I'm sure you'll find the details to the answer you're looking for.

How else would he be dialing out on the gateway accounts? What you just wrote is the only way I know how to.

Anyway, yes, even when sip registration on line 1 fails, you can still dial out on the gateway accounts. I just tested.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1804 posts
476 upvotes
Vancouver
bingo_jake wrote: whenever my primary SIP account (FPL) is not available or it's offline [...] I cannot dial out using my other SIP providers
Try setting Make Call Without Reg to Yes. Does that solve the problem?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
PianoGuy wrote: Try setting Make Call Without Reg to Yes. Does that solve the problem?

Thank you, I just tested it and it worked well

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)