None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4997 posts
818 upvotes
Markham

CITI Petro Canada card

anyone had such experience: I went to a petro canada gas station, I used fuel saving card with CITI petro canada card together, it seems to me I only saved 5 cents instead of 5+2=7 cents. looked like CITI petro canada card didn't work the way it is supposed to be. Anyone had such situation before?
7 replies
Jul 5, 2004
23826 posts
3384 upvotes
Is there some clause in the fine print that both cards can't be used together? Call and ask if you don't want to read the fine print.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13119 posts
2548 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Mine works just fine. I save 7 cents every time we fill up. Not sure if it's the best rewards system though... Sunoco had the best one.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7949 posts
1022 upvotes
I haven't used them in conjunction in awhile but I've never had an issue? You have to swipe the fuel-savings card before you swipe the Citi card. The swipe order I use is this, Petro Points Card -> Fuel Savings Card -> Citi card... I don't know if you can use a different order, I've never tried since that one has worked for me just fine.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
2907 posts
554 upvotes
i've never had issues... swipe the 5¢ card then paypass on mastercard...

the only thing i can think of is, you do not see that 5¢ off on the machine but it's calculated on the recept.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8292 posts
4014 upvotes
Keep in mind, not all gas stations are participating in the program.
Jul 5, 2004
23826 posts
3384 upvotes
Winkle wrote:
Sep 15th, 2010 8:56 am
I haven't used them in conjunction in awhile but I've never had an issue? You have to swipe the fuel-savings card before you swipe the Citi card. The swipe order I use is this, Petro Points Card -> Fuel Savings Card -> Citi card... I don't know if you can use a different order, I've never tried since that one has worked for me just fine.

Why do you have a separate Petro Points card when you have the Citi Petro Points card? Your points are already added to the Citi card, no need to also use a separate points card.