Personal Finance

Citibank Enrich Platinum Purchase Assurance Usage?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2010 10:41 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 9, 2005
344 posts
3 upvotes

Citibank Enrich Platinum Purchase Assurance Usage?

Has anyone used this before because I can't find these gift certificates I brought a few weeks ago that are worth a few hundred dollars. No info about purchase assurance on citibank's website since enrich platinum card is not there. Is this even covered?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2438 posts
51 upvotes
It probably won't cover it, although I can't find my documentation. I have the Citi document regarding price protection and it won't cover gift cards. Also if it's any indication, my TD Gold Elite Visa won't protect against losts of gift cards.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2438 posts
51 upvotes
wackojacko wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 10:18 am
I think nuberific is confusing Price Protection and Purchase Assurance.

check out page 2
http://www.citibank.ca/canada/cards/eng ... ic_eng.pdf

(i) might exclude gift cards if they are considered numismatic property (not sure if gift cards fall under this, I would guess yes)
Sorry for the confusion, I worded my previous post poorly. I know the OP is specifically speaking of the loss/damage of items. I used the Citi price protection analogy because I assumed they have similar limitations between price protection and purchase assurance. And by "TD Gold Elite Visa won't protect against losts of gift cards", I was speaking of purchase assurance, but should not have used the word protect.

PS thanks for the link to that document. Been looking for it for a while. :)