• Apr 14th, 2017 3:24 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2011 posts
314 upvotes

City keeps changing

Not a big deal however have noticed that no matter how often I set city [next to the big RedFlagDeals logo] it keeps changing to random cities as view different threads.

On a positive, never knew about any of these cities prior so good learning... not sure how this reflects on Canadian education :)
50 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7758 posts
12360 upvotes
Scarborough
While I'm glad to hear you're being educated on Canadian geography, this definitely isn't supposed to be happening. Let me check into this for you. Did it just recently start happening or has it always been this way for you?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9532 posts
793 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
georvu wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 10:05 am
Not a big deal however have noticed that no matter how often I set city [next to the big RedFlagDeals logo] it keeps changing to random cities as view different threads.

On a positive, never knew about any of these cities prior so good learning... not sure how this reflects on Canadian education :)
LOL, I've noticed this going on for well over a year. Not just now... ignored it due to poor coding.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2011 posts
314 upvotes
I just noticed within last week however aznnorth has noticed for past year. With some of the names it is definitely something that would be noticed.

No biggie nice inexpensive [ a la RFD] way to travel!!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1682 posts
47 upvotes
Scarborough
I also have been noticing this for the past 2 weeks now. My location now is set to Deer Ridge, AB.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7758 posts
12360 upvotes
Scarborough
georvu wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 3:25 pm
I just noticed within last week however aznnorth has noticed for past year. With some of the names it is definitely something that would be noticed.

No biggie nice inexpensive [ a la RFD] way to travel!!
When was the most recent time it changed from the location you manually set it to? Are you using a VPN by any chance?
ninety5teg wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 7:29 pm
I also have been noticing this for the past 2 weeks now. My location now is set to Deer Ridge, AB.
If you manually set your location does it still change to the wrong city afterwards?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2011 posts
314 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 10:04 am
When was the most recent time it changed from the location you manually set it to? Are you using a VPN by any chance?

Monday I believe... not bothering to change anymore. No VPN, regular chrome browser
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7758 posts
12360 upvotes
Scarborough
Nothing has recently changed with our geolocation system but we're now looking into making it not auto update after being manually set by the user.
Penalty Box
May 10, 2005
26057 posts
2993 upvotes
Ottawa
Mine changes regularly. I change it back often. This has been ongoing for as long as I can remember.

Edit, today my city location was Tullamore ON? Changed it back and cannot wait to see here I am next :)

Edit, Today my location is 100 Mile House BC.Changed it back again but tomorrow, I am sure I will be elsewhere again.
Last edited by Pete_Coach on Feb 15th, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it and share it" Anonymous
Aug 20, 2009
216 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
why is my location never the same...when i am searching the site my city is never the one that i am actually in. ranging from Quebec to small towns in Ontario, when i am actually in the GTHA...?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3627 posts
656 upvotes
Sask.
This has happened to me once in a while - this afternoon I found I was in BC!
Feb 22, 2017
3 posts
Is there any update on this? Still happening on all my computers.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel