• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 11:53 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6419 posts
2861 upvotes
Alberta
Kiraly wrote: After a month of doing that every 2-3 days I just gave up on it. Then today it magically is showing the correct city. Did something get fixed?
Exact opposite for me. Every single new page or refresh the same page, the city changes back to Toronto. Frustrating.
Sep 22, 2010
290 posts
127 upvotes
Victoria
Yup, same here @TomRFD I've tried all the solutions you propose and nothing has any impact for longer than a few min. Cleared cache cookies and tried other browsers, so this is all on your end @TomRFD .
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
6546 posts
6792 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote: Not to my knowledge but I'll ask around. Did anything change on your end?
Nope.

How about setting the default location to something other than Toronto 82% of the time, because 82% of Canadians don't live in the GTA. GTA RFDers have enjoyed not having this bug for long enough; time to spread the love around a little.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6419 posts
2861 upvotes
Alberta
calvados.boualrd wrote: Yup, same here @TomRFD I've tried all the solutions you propose and nothing has any impact for longer than a few min. Cleared cache cookies and tried other browsers, so this is all on your end @TomRFD .
Me too, tried everything and still changes on every page on my laptop running Win 10. But, city doesn't change on my Samsung S8 using the Chrome app.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13011 posts
24213 upvotes
Scarborough
Just got an encouraging update on this. The bug fix has been added to the next sprint so with any luck, it'll finally be gone for good! 🤞
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jan 13, 2006
92 posts
21 upvotes
Coquitlam
Seems to be staying on my location (Vancouver) for the last couple days without changing any settings.
Sep 22, 2010
290 posts
127 upvotes
Victoria
Not for me. Always Toronto. How long is the developer's sprint? Do they test at all before releasing?
Apr 12, 2013
441 posts
318 upvotes
BC
Tom, I'm forever going back to Toronto too. Seems you need a bigger bug fix team instead of wasting time on BF forums hardly anyone uses......
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1639 posts
653 upvotes
London
Kiraly wrote: It's been working for me for more than a week now. Set it on the main site and it sticks here on the forums.
It doesn't work (if selected where there is the option to choose) on the forums.
There is no reason this setting needs to be chased down elsewhere.