• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2018 10:58 am
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1728 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
For the past month or so, my city has been reverted to Toronto every time I come back to the site.

I change it back to Calgary so I can see my flyers, and it stays for the duration of my page visit. Then when I log back on, it switches me back to Toronto. I am not using a VPN.

Is there a way to just permanently set it to one city and have it not change without my permission?
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13944 posts
3590 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:48 pm
Today I am on wifi in Courtenay, BC, but RFD says I am in Toronto.

When I was in Mexico last November, RFD placed me in many places, none of which were in Mexico.
Mine now only says Toronto, i kinda liked when it jumped, i got to be in different places all the time, Seaton Village, The Annex, other places i had never heard of Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5633 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
canehdianman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:54 am
For the past month or so, my city has been reverted to Toronto every time I come back to the site.

I change it back to Calgary so I can see my flyers, and it stays for the duration of my page visit. Then when I log back on, it switches me back to Toronto. I am not using a VPN.

Is there a way to just permanently set it to one city and have it not change without my permission?
This is my experience too. I set my location to where I am. When I return to RFD, the site says I am in Toronto.

It is an irritant to me, but not a big deal.

But if I were an advertiser trying to geographically target advertising (not in Toronto) on RFD, I might be less forgiving.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5633 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
This morning I don’t even have to log out to be “sent to Toronto”.

I set my correct location. I changed forums. I was in Toronto.

This happened repeatedly.

EDIT
Now I don’t have to change forum. My location setting was correct. As soon as I touched the “Post Button” I was sent to Toronto.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God