Group Deal Discussion

[Other] THE CITY TOUR! *upset* (voucher from travelzoo)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2012 9:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1504 posts
6 upvotes

THE CITY TOUR! *upset* (voucher from travelzoo)

I purchased the $29 - Gourmet Food Tour of San Francisco deal (regular $59) before my trip to San Fran

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Sa ... ther/10920

Made a reservation a few weeks ahead of time.

Time passes. A few days before the date of the tour I receive an email from TheCityTour saying a restaurant pulled out of the agreement and now they're looking for a replacement and that they will notify us on further developments. So the day of the tour approaches and still no news from them so I give their number a call and the C/S rep said its probably cancelled. She looks into it, and not surprisingly its been cancelled. My voucher has been reactivated. I ask her if there's any other tours for that afternoon because its my 2nd last day in San Fran and I don't have any plans to go back anytime soon. She checks and the next tour with unfilled spots is mid March. So I ask her if I can get a refund, and she says to contact the company I purchased the voucher from. With no other choice, i said bye and ended the call.

So I completed the online form and requested a refund for this voucher. It's been 3 days so far and nothing yet. I'm really crossing my fingers and hope that I do get that refund since it's not a fault on my end that the tour was cancelled.

The voucher expires end of april and I don't have any plans to take further vacation to any of their cities with their culinary tours in the near future (vacation days saved for another purpose). I found it very unprofessional I did not receive any follow-up emails nor phone calls regarding the cancellation.

At this very moment, I am unhappy with TheCityTour.

EDIT: received refund from travel zoo quickly. Issue resolved, mods please close thread. thanks!
1 reply
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1504 posts
6 upvotes
received refund from travelzoo very quickly.

Excellent customer service on their part.

Mods: please close thread. issue resolved.