Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
City Wide Communications

[Atlantic] Cable High Speed Internet 2/20 Mbps for $47.95, no cap, no contract

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 11:00 am
Feb 8, 2012
88 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto

[Atlantic] Cable High Speed Internet 2/20 Mbps for $47.95, no cap, no contract

Deal Link:
Price:
$47.95
Retailer:
City Wide Communications
City Wide Communications offers Cable High Speed internet for $47.95 (free modem $55.00 Activation) ,which is a reseller of Eastlink ( http://yourcitywide.com/residential/int ... d-internet).

Maybe $47.95/month might be a little expensive than in other areas, but it is probably the best you can get in Atlantic area, just because people in Atlantic area are sicking of price increasing by Bell Aliant and Eastlink year after year, sometimes without any notice, and you can get the same speed for half of price of theirs .

Is there anyone who is with their service? Please give me some feedback, I am attempted to switch.
Last edited by sara11210 on Dec 16th, 2016 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
A cityfone loyal customer
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
Not the most responsive, but they eventually get it done. Never have many problems though, Best if you are already with Eastlink, because it costs $100+ to connect, and nothing if you are already with Eastlink. If not on cable, I would use the teaser Eastlink uses, and before that expires, switch to Citywide. Citywide mail you their gear, and you just disconnect the Eastlink gear, reconnect the Citywide gear, and you are set.
Feb 8, 2012
88 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks so much for your response. I am with Eastlink cable internet, without contract, but not happy with increasing price year by year. I talked with a rep, and had to pay for $118.39 for the first bill, including $55 activation fee, even don't send a technician.
Last edited by sara11210 on Dec 16th, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
i'm definitely thinking about this!! i'm currently with Eastlink, same speeds and home phone bundle, comes to almost $120/month with taxes, i could get this plus their digital home phone (instead of landline) for $62.90 + tax. thanks Sara and Bridonca, options are SO limited and pricey and i'm sick of watching my bill constantly going up and i hate Bell.
do i have to call Eastlink to cancel everything or do they do it?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
Will go fishing in PEI soon. Support
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
FreeLanceR0315 wrote: Totally agree! Eastlink has to stop this BS.
they used to be excellent when they were a regional provider, but the last few years since they have expanded their service has been declining and prices rising fast with no warning. they're still better than Bell but their heading in the same direction.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
I'm unhappy with Citywide's attitude, but I don't know of any alternatives really. On the technical side, it works like Eastlink because it IS Eastlink.

But you don't get to deal directly with the superb Eastlink tech support. You have to work through Citywide.
Nov 19, 2012
505 posts
370 upvotes
I've been on this plan for 2 years and it's great. Identical to my Eastlink service but way cheaper. No problem streaming in HD. The call center crew is a little rough around the edges, but no complaints.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
if it's the same as Eastlink then i shouldn't have any problems, the rare time i do usually a reboot of the modem fixes it. seriously considering this, emailed them a few questions. anyone also have their digital home phone?
Feb 8, 2012
88 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
townie22 wrote: if it's the same as Eastlink then i shouldn't have any problems, the rare time i do usually a reboot of the modem fixes it. seriously considering this, emailed them a few questions. anyone also have their digital home phone?
Toll Free: 1.800.600.5667
Local: 902.457.5000
Feb 8, 2012
88 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
sokolov wrote: I'm unhappy with Citywide's attitude, but I don't know of any alternatives really. On the technical side, it works like Eastlink because it IS Eastlink.

But you don't get to deal directly with the superb Eastlink tech support. You have to work through Citywide.
Yeah, I have same feeling about citywide. But for the money sake, I set up an account with them after response and is ready to switch.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
how do you get/pay your bill? email bill pay via internet with debit/CC?
Feb 8, 2012
88 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
townie22 wrote: how do you get/pay your bill? email bill pay via internet with debit/CC?
Yeah.
Dec 10, 2005
238 posts
116 upvotes
Nova Scotia
I switched to them from Eastlink over a year ago. No complaints, my service is just as reliable as when I was with Eastlink. Though I've heard it can be tough to get a hold of someone when you need them but I've never had any reason to do so.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
sara11210 wrote: Toll Free: 1.800.600.5667
Local: 902.457.5000

:-) townie22 was referring to their telephone service, not their phone number.

I don't know of anyone who does.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
The download is actually a bit more than the advertised 20 mbit/s, maybe 22.5 or 25. The upload is limited at 2 mbit/s though. My speed tests usually result in a bit less, like 1.86 mbit/s. FYI
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
i checked with them yesterday and i'm in a covered area, plus, after reading the Cityfone/Zoomer thread (wireless home phone $10/month) i stand to cut my internet/home phone bill by almost half :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)