Expired Contests

[Once] CityLine - "Girls Night In" Prize Pack (starts 20/Mar-9am, ends 3/Apr/2012-9am)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2012 1:48 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill

CityLine - "Girls Night In" Prize Pack (starts 20/Mar-9am, ends 3/Apr/2012-9am)

(I dunno about you, but I don't think a Kobo Vox is just for girls :) )

"Girls Night In" prize pack contest.

Prize: Enter to win a CityLine Girls Night In Prize Pack, which includes a Kobo Vox, a spa package at P & H Salon and Spa, a free pair of shoes at the Petite Feet Shoe Sale, Palmer's lotions, and makeup from Essence.

ARV: $450

Rules: http://citytv.upickem.net/engine/Rules. ... stid=54674
  • CityLine.ca reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's office (Ed. note: any idea what that constitutes?)
Enter: http://citytv.upickem.net/engine/YourSu ... stid=54674

Search: cityline

Good luck!

E.&O.E.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I'm not actively monitoring this thread. If you have a question regarding the contest, or encounter a problem and would like me to look into it, please PM me about it. Thanks.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
25 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20304 posts
138125 upvotes
GTA
ronin1701 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2012 10:20 pm
[*]CityLine.ca reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's office (Ed. note: any idea what that constitutes?)

My guess is a 60 mile radius of downtown TO, which is still a huge area...thanks for posting!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
toguy wrote:
Mar 19th, 2012 10:49 pm
My guess is a 60 mile radius of downtown TO, which is still a huge area...thanks for posting!

Well, definitely not just Toronto, because CityLine broadcasts in different markets across the country. That's what I was getting at.

Update:

According to the CityTV website, they have stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Winipeg, Calgary and Edmonton. Presumably these would all air CityLine since all CityLine episodes are now pre-taped, not live.

In addition, according to the Wikipedia, affiliates in Kamloops, Prince George, and Medicine Hat broadcast the full line-up of CityTV produced shows.

In any case, I wonder how picky they are about enforcing the "reserves the right" clause?
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20304 posts
138125 upvotes
GTA
ronin1701 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2012 10:52 pm
Well, definitely not just Toronto, because CityLine broadcasts in different markets across the country. That's what I was getting at.

Update:

According to the CityTV website, they have stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Winipeg, Calgary and Edmonton. Presumably these would all air CityLine since all CityLine episodes are now pre-taped, not live.

In addition, according to the Wikipedia, affiliates in Kamloops, Prince George, and Medicine Hat broadcast the full line-up of CityTV produced shows.

In any case, I wonder how picky they are about enforcing the "reserves the right" clause?

Maybe, but here's the thing...I Googled that salon name and it's a TO salon, the shoe sale is also in the Toronto area (I always see the signs up for it since I live nearby) so it would make sense that they would pick someone who is within reasonable distance of TO. My initial thought was that since CityLine is taped in Toronto, "the affiliate" refers to the Toronto affiliate (meaning the one who is hosting the contest). Oh well...honestly they should have made this ON only given the prizes are region-specific.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
toguy wrote:
Mar 20th, 2012 12:30 am
Maybe, but here's the thing...I Googled that salon name and it's a TO salon, the shoe sale is also in the Toronto area (I always see the signs up for it since I live nearby) so it would make sense that they would pick someone who is within reasonable distance of TO. My initial thought was that since CityLine is taped in Toronto, "the affiliate" refers to the Toronto affiliate (meaning the one who is hosting the contest). Oh well...honestly they should have made this ON only given the prizes are region-specific.
Even if I didn't live in Toronto, I'd only care about the Kobo anyways ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
5704 posts
987 upvotes
GTA
Ontario is huge I doubt someone from Tbay would wanna make the trek to Toronto lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Deal_Princess wrote:
Mar 20th, 2012 3:50 am
Ontario is huge I doubt someone from Tbay would wanna make the trek to Toronto lol
entered
But not thanked? :razz:
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
2602 posts
1149 upvotes
Thanks.
If you can't find anyone else to blame :( .....You're just not looking hard enough. :lol:
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378556 upvotes
Ottawa
good luck
bring back colour
Deal Expert
Jul 6, 2008
18726 posts
1660 upvotes
Scarborough Bluffs
entered thanks :)
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20304 posts
138125 upvotes
GTA
Deal_Princess wrote:
Mar 20th, 2012 3:50 am

LOL, I know, what I meant was ON only plus the clause quoted by the OP...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8378 posts
2411 upvotes
Toronto
in; thanked
2016, 2017 and 2018 Wins: Sweet F**k all.

Laird of Glencoe and Lochaber
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
3119 posts
575 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Good luck to all!
2019 Wins: an Oreo Candy Bar (The Stuf Inside Contest), 2 Tickets to Dave Matthews Band Concert (Indie88)