Pets

CKC paper but not listed on CKC website?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2018 8:11 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 8, 2018
1 posts

CKC paper but not listed on CKC website?

One breeder's website said she can provide CKC paper for the puppy. But when I went to CKC website, I can't find her name or location or address under that breed's list.
I am wondering if that is a normal practice? If she is not listed at CKC website as a listed breeder, how can she provide the CKC paper?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1407 posts
722 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
One does not have to be a member in order to register a litter of puppies. They do have to provide the names of the dam (mother) and sire (father) along with accompanying documentation. CKC papers are not directly issued by the breeder. The breeder would then give you the necessary paperwork or submit the necessary paperwork in order to complete the registration of the puppy. The final registration paper would then be mailed to you by the CKC itself.

FYI - The CKC is the mandated "keeper of records" pursuant to the Animal Pedigree Act for Dogs: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-11.2/ Enforcement of the Act can be done by the RCMP as it is a Federal Act.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"