Clear plastic sheet

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 7:29 pm
Tags:
Feb 26, 2017
285 posts
135 upvotes

Clear plastic sheet

Does anyone know a place that sell clear plastic sheet with size like 8'x4'?

The type of clear plastic that is used for packaging. It is thin, flexible but can keep the shape.

Homedepot sells the clear, flat panel but it is too thick and not as flexible for my usage.

Thanks.
5 replies
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
Not sure if the dimensions would be right, but would a shower curtain liner do?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Mars2012 wrote: Not sure if the dimensions would be right, but would a shower curtain liner do?
I think OP is referring to that clamshell type plastic. The kind everyone hates and you cut yourself on trying to get damn packages open.
PET is usually the composition of that stuff.

OP, this stuff is used mainly for industrial applications. You can try a glass shop (window repair), as they may stock something thin enough.
Be aware that not all of it has UV stabilizers in it, so if you are using it outdoors it may fade, discolour, or become brittle if in contact with sunlight.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
530 upvotes
Figman2 wrote: Does anyone know a place that sell clear plastic sheet with size like 8'x4'?

The type of clear plastic that is used for packaging. It is thin, flexible but can keep the shape.

Homedepot sells the clear, flat panel but it is too thick and not as flexible for my usage.

Thanks.
These guys carry all kinds of plastic materials in different shapes, give them a call to see if they have what you need. Near Downsview airport in Toronto
http://plasticworld.ca/store/
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21702 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
Might help if you provide background of how/why/requirements you need the plastic for. Take 2 minutes when you ask a question and provide info if you want good answers.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Feb 26, 2017
285 posts
135 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: I think OP is referring to that clamshell type plastic. The kind everyone hates and you cut yourself on trying to get damn packages open.
PET is usually the composition of that stuff.

OP, this stuff is used mainly for industrial applications. You can try a glass shop (window repair), as they may stock something thin enough.
Be aware that not all of it has UV stabilizers in it, so if you are using it outdoors it may fade, discolour, or become brittle if in contact with sunlight.
Yes, that's the type. Light, flexible and hold shape. I plan to use it generally inside the house for various applications, so UV stable is not a concern.