• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2015 10:32 am
Tags:
None
Jun 10, 2005
370 posts
34 upvotes

Clearly Contacts -- Insurance

Has anyone bought contacts from this online retailer and been able to claim the amount under their insurance?

When i called my insurance company they mentioned that I need an official (I assume authorized) receipt from them. I've emailed their company, but I thought I would post my question on good old RFD anyways.

My insurance company is SunLife if that helps.

Thanks,
Mo
8 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1957 upvotes
I just purchased contacts and have not claimed them yet. I did a price match and my receipt has a higher amount than I actually paid so I would be interested to hear how this works out for you. I believe that others have stated that they claimed their purchases through their insurance.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1495 posts
21 upvotes
I'm with Sunlife and for the last 3 years have made all my claims Online. No receipt required and have not been asked for one.

I would think the receipt you receive with your contacts should be official enough though.
Jun 20, 2006
58 posts
19 upvotes
I have succesfully claimed Clearly Contacts and Vision Direct lenses with Manulife. As long as your name and the prescription are on the reciept you should be ok. This has appeared on my receipts.

J.
[OP]
Jun 10, 2005
370 posts
34 upvotes
Awesome, thanks for the info. Good thing too because they come out much cheaper ordering online.
Nov 14, 2006
453 posts
12 upvotes
I have successfully claimed them with Manulife. I sent them my prescription and my receipt.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1367 posts
52 upvotes
I've done mine through sun life, just sent in a copy of the receipt with description and never had issues.

I do mine online now and don't even need receipts.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
4685 posts
727 upvotes
BC
meatballsspaghetti wrote:
Nov 15th, 2015 5:04 pm
use Registration# 788138287064
Thanks. Found this thread while on an interminable wait for someone to answer at Clearly, plugged it in my claim, and got it approved - then hung up the still unanswered call.
× < >