Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1831 posts
538 upvotes
Brampton, ON

clicking a page takes me to bottom of page

I am not sure if others experienced this issue but it has been happening frequently as of late.

Say for example I click a topic heading in hot topics such as "Amazon bose 25% off", When it takes me to the page with all the details on the RFD server my default screen goes to the bottom of the page. I will be at the part where I can post a comment or a reply and then I have to scroll back up to the top to view the thread from the beginning.

Can a mod look into this please? BTW I use firefox.
11 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1831 posts
538 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Desktop, I am clicking on the thread title and when the page opens I get automatically taken to the bottom of the page and then I need to scroll up to the top.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9294 posts
13808 upvotes
Scarborough
flyingnurse wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 7:03 pm
Desktop, I am clicking on the thread title and when the page opens I get automatically taken to the bottom of the page and then I need to scroll up to the top.
Does it only happen in Firefox? Is it all threads or just some threads. The more info we get the better the chances we can figure this out.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Nov 21, 2009
243 posts
114 upvotes
Moncton
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 11:26 am
Does it only happen in Firefox? Is it all threads or just some threads. The more info we get the better the chances we can figure this out.
Happens to me randomly as well but mostly when it's a multi-page thread and I click the page number at the top or bottom of the thread to go to a specific page. It drops the page right down to the quick reply box. Using Firefox 56.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9294 posts
13808 upvotes
Scarborough
XOMTOR wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 5:27 pm
Happens to me randomly as well but mostly when it's a multi-page thread and I click the page number at the top or bottom of the thread to go to a specific page. It drops the page right down to the quick reply box. Using Firefox 56.
Can you try a different browser for a bit and let me know if it still happens? So far there are only 2 reported cases and both were in Firefox. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself yet.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Feb 11, 2015
78 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Been wanting to make a thread on this but I can also confirm this happens on Firefox 57.0.1. Clicking a big thread with mutiple pages by its thread title may sometimes (key word here) jump down 3/4 of the page. Only happens in the Hot Deals section for me. Disabled all extensions to test but it still occurs.

Issue is also present on Waterfox 56.0.1. Tested Chrome, Vivaldi (Chromium-based browser with emphasis on legacy Opera features), and Edge but those three are clean and the jumping issue seems to be pinned to Firefox-based browsers.

edit: removed "big" because I just tested it again and it even happened on threads with just two pages
PPC 5940
Type: CBSA-category customs black hole
Diet: Cheap international mail packages and taxpayers' money
Nov 21, 2009
243 posts
114 upvotes
Moncton
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 10:16 am
Can you try a different browser for a bit and let me know if it still happens? So far there are only 2 reported cases and both were in Firefox. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself yet.
Just tried IE and can't reproduce the issue. I'm on Waterfox 56.0.1 which is essentially Firefox.

Installed a portable version of Firefox so as to have a clean profile and can't reproduce the issue. Perhaps it's due to one of my about:config tweaks.
Last edited by XOMTOR on Dec 18th, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 8, 2015
5 posts
Toronto, ON
this is happening ff esr 52.5.3 based browsers that i tried
Feb 8, 2015
5 posts
Toronto, ON
not sure why but now its not happening. didnt change anything