Tags:
None
253 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8104 posts
1323 upvotes
London
You can start playing in their driveway. They'll get the message eventually.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1189 posts
41 upvotes
Go outside and start watering your lawn. Then accidently spray the kids, just apologize and say oops you're kids should try to stick to your side of the driveway next time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
4043 posts
26 upvotes
97gst wrote:
Jul 7th, 2013 9:44 pm
bear traps?
Thank you for your contribution.
Aug 13, 2009
961 posts
63 upvotes
offer them a dime every time they play on your driveway and ask them to come back tmrw at the same time for another dime....lols
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
1987 posts
40 upvotes
call your city councillor and complain about it, file a complaint.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
79 upvotes
Hamilton
if the two partys cant work it out between them......things will get real messy. try putting those signs on your lawn that say...."beware..just treated with chemicals"

good luck.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14371 posts
1310 upvotes
Oshawa
Police aren't going to care unless there is deliberate damage to your property, and possibly not even then.

I'd suggest making the area unappealing to the children. Set up a stereo in the garage and play light jazz or classical music all day.

Or perhaps a motion-detector sprinkler.
Blacklisted brands: Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Vizio
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
162 upvotes
henrycao8 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2013 9:38 pm
We live in an attached townhouse and our neighbor's two kids often play on our driveway. For both safety reason and to protect our assets (cars from getting scratched), we spoke with their parents and asked them to please keep their kids on their side of the driveway. They refused and insisted that since we are neighbors, it is no big deal letting their kids play on our driveway. We would like to prevent such situation from happening. What actions should we take? Do police care about this kind of situation? Is this considered trespassing?

Thanks in advance.
1) It's your property so it is kind of a big deal
2) The parents are idiots
3) Teach them a lesson:

ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6352 posts
190 upvotes
No offense but I think you need to lighten up. You live in a TH development which means you live around a lot of people, all in close proximity. I would have to assume that you knew this when you moved in. :razz:

You say you are concerned about safety and protecting your assets. Well, I sort of question this as I think you are probably being territorial about YOUR driveway. IF they played only on their side, there is still a risk they could damage your assets (car) but you are in just as much "danger" of having that happen each time you park your car somewhere. As far as safety goes, I can see how playing in your driveway is unsafe.

The worse thing you can do is alienate or p*$$ off your neighbours as you never know when you might need each other. If the kids are acting like a pack of wild wolves, that's one thing but if they are just a couple of innocent kids running around being kids, then IMHO you should just enjoy watching actual kids playing outside. It's not a sight one sees so often any more.

Before we moved to our present home, we lived in a big house in a tiny village and we allowed all of the neighbour kids (well, not all but a lot of them) to cut through our yard, play in our yard and driveway and use our basketball net whenever they wanted. A couple of times they got a bit unruly and I simply went out and nicely told them to take it easy. They always showed us a great deal of respect and we never had to worry that when they got older that they would target us for anything that "some" teenagers target people with.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents worth.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
8580 posts
340 upvotes
Start using their driveway to do projects like paint wood furniture without drop sheets and tell them it's no big deal since you're neighbors.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
162 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jul 7th, 2013 10:14 pm
Start using their driveway to do projects like paint wood furniture without drop sheets and tell them it's no big deal since you're neighbors.
^

This works too
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4163 posts
534 upvotes
deltone wrote:
Jul 7th, 2013 10:13 pm
No offense but I think you need to lighten up. You live in a TH development which means you live around a lot of people, all in close proximity. I would have to assume that you knew this when you moved in. :razz:

You say you are concerned about safety and protecting your assets. Well, I sort of question this as I think you are probably being territorial about YOUR driveway. IF they played only on their side, there is still a risk they could damage your assets (car) but you are in just as much "danger" of having that happen each time you park your car somewhere. As far as safety goes, I can see how playing in your driveway is unsafe.

The worse thing you can do is alienate or p*$$ off your neighbours as you never know when you might need each other. If the kids are acting like a pack of wild wolves, that's one thing but if they are just a couple of innocent kids running around being kids, then IMHO you should just enjoy watching actual kids playing outside. It's not a sight one sees so often any more.

Before we moved to our present home, we lived in a big house in a tiny village and we allowed all of the neighbour kids (well, not all but a lot of them) to cut through our yard, play in our yard and driveway and use our basketball net whenever they wanted. A couple of times they got a bit unruly and I simply went out and nicely told them to take it easy. They always showed us a great deal of respect and we never had to worry that when they got older that they would target us for anything that "some" teenagers target people with.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents worth.
Most reasonable response. Will be ignored by OP
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
× < >