Calgary

closed

thread closed
5 replies
Dec 12, 2005
960 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
Ha! You ARE a midi file junkie. I replied to your other thread.

interesting taste in music. Non-vocal synthesized? Good for isolating distractions.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2001
5662 posts
73 upvotes
Calgary
heh.... if you had a good hardware synthesizer (like the Roland Sound Canvas) MIDI files sounded GREAT! XMplay does a darn fine job by adding reverb and playing with whatever Creative Labs format GM set you plug in. I experimented with a few and settled on a well-balanced favorite only 32MB in size.

My point for wanting one app that "does it all" is that I can't be poking away at my iPod too often - the boss will think I'm distracted and take it away.

Seriously.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2599 posts
122 upvotes
BlueMax wrote: I'm looking for an iPod touch app that would be just like WinAmp or XMplay - something with TONS of plugins and can play just about any crazy music format under the sun (with a little reverb, too!)

In addition to thousands of MIDI files and Amiga tracker *.MOD's, I also have 50,000 Commodore SID files I really enjoy. I'd love to keep playing those on a spiffy new iPod touch!

Your help would be HUGELY appreciated! Heck, I'll EMT you $5 if you find such an app! :D Really!

NOTE: I've found a few players that will do ONE format, such as the 3 *.SID players I just found, but I'm looking for one player that does it ALL!

If this is what your looking for I don't think the touch is for you. Check out the mp3 players that Samsung makes. I'm pretty sure they can play, ogg, flac and other lossless formats straight out of the box now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)