• Sep 11th, 2013 11:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1602 posts
49 upvotes

Clothes for muscular men?

What kind of clothes should be worn by muscular men that will not seem like showing off?

I currently wear polos while going but looking for suggestions
19 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bro do u even lift?

Jk.

Depends on your style. I like polo - shirts, hoodies, etc.

Maybe a nice plaid shirt. Superdry stuff is pretty good.

Again, depends on your style. It's ok to wear fitted clothing, just try not to wear things that are so tight it looks like it's glued to your body.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
750 upvotes
Based on RFD history, there is a huge spectrum when people say muscular...

Need some reference point.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
It all depends on shape and preference. People will always say your showing off. You can't please anyone except yourself. Buy something because you like it and it's comfortable.
Dec 3, 2010
301 posts
51 upvotes
Waterloo
If you're muscular you will have no issues wearing anything that makes you seem like you're showing off. Just stay away from the obvious stuff like tight-fitting sports shirt or T-shirts with the sleeves ripped out. Anything that doesn't look practical (ex. wearing medium when you're a large) will make you look like you're showing off. I don't see how a polo can make you look like you're showing off if you're wearing the right size and keeping your hands down. I can wear A&F muscle polos without looking like I'm showing off. There's a difference between looking big and looking like you're showing off. For example, in Toronto I noticed a lot of guys like to yawn/stretch or place their hands behind their heads in front of girls so that they can flex their muscles. They would purposely stand in a very masculine way with very obvious/unnatural chest puffing.

It's your body language that makes you look like you're showing off - not your body.

If you're one of those crazy roid & GH dude, you can't hide it. Even in a dress shirt, people will suspect you're on roids because it's hard to hide the thick neck and swollen face.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
If u don't want to be seen as showing off, just wear clothes in a larger size. You know, the "baggy look".
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
gizmo8 wrote: Whats wrong with showing what you got?..
+1.

Who works out to cover themselves up?
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
LostInTruth wrote: +1.

Who works out to cover themselves up?
People who work out to stay healthy and not show off intentionally?

it's like couples who feel the need to kiss every 5 seconds in public even though there's 30 people around them. It bothers me, not because i'm jealous. it bothers me because i'm subjected to their intimacy in a setting that isn't appropriate for that behavior. They can pick a secluded area or do it at home.

if you want to flex your muscles and you're doing it for yourself, shouldn't you stand in front of your mirror at home? Why intentionally subject people to that when they might not appreciate it?

Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with having a nice body if you're not flaunting it in public. (wearing super tight clothing or 1 size less than you're supposed to)

On the other hand, if you unintentionally "show off" (in their minds) and it bothers others, then that's entirely their problem.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote: People who work out to stay healthy and not show off intentionally?

it's like couples who feel the need to kiss every 5 seconds in public even though there's 30 people around them. It bothers me, not because i'm jealous. it bothers me because i'm subjected to their intimacy in a setting that isn't appropriate for that behavior. They can pick a secluded area or do it at home.

if you want to flex your muscles and you're doing it for yourself, shouldn't you stand in front of your mirror at home? Why intentionally subject people to that when they might not appreciate it?

Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with having a nice body if you're not flaunting it in public. (wearing super tight clothing or 1 size less than you're supposed to)

On the other hand, if you unintentionally "show off" (in their minds) and it bothers others, then that's entirely their problem.
Yeah right; we all want to show off to some degree, it's human nature. I agree that there is a difference between dressing tastefully vs. dbag which is what maybe the OP was saying. Yes, working out promotes you to stay healthy, but if you're still relatively young, looks still play a huge factor in working out. I just find this whole topic kind of silly, OP when you try on clothes and stand in front of the mirror, you will immediately find out what works for you and what does not.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Banned
Aug 20, 2013
20 posts
5 upvotes
Since there's no answer on Fidelity durability and I've been on a quest foor the toughest most comfortable pants I can find because I tend to kill all jeans (even Carhartt) in <1yr, I&#039ll report back here that I&#039ve just discovered Duluth Trading Company and their assortment of jeans and "firehose" pants. Got one of each in to try out and I love them already!
Aug 8, 2011
593 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I'm a huge fan of slim fitting henley style shirts
BigTRBL

Spend money to save money...the theory is brilliant.
Jan 8, 2008
491 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Where whatever brands you like just don't get a size small!