• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 9:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1387 posts
630 upvotes

Clothing Help Identification thread

Couldn't find an id thread in the fashion subforum, but if there is, mods feel free to merge.

Does anyone know the brand/model of the combat boots in this photo?

I think they may be the same ones (though I could be wrong as the one being worn seems to be 10 eye as opposed to the second pic which is 11 eye)
Always hungry ;)
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6817 posts
997 upvotes
Doesn't look the same since the ones in the model pic has more pointy and oval front shape whereas your boot photo looks more rounded too. Plus the boot in the boot photo looks to have a layered composite outsole where as the above doesn't.

However, both look like a very generic pair of combat boots so just find something similar and at a price you want to pay, really no need to look for the exact since you may never find it nor want to pay that much for it.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1387 posts
630 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:54 pm
Doesn't look the same since the ones in the model pic has more pointy and oval front shape whereas your boot photo looks more rounded too. Plus the boot in the boot photo looks to have a layered composite outsole where as the above doesn't.

However, both look like a very generic pair of combat boots so just find something similar and at a price you want to pay, really no need to look for the exact since you may never find it nor want to pay that much for it.
Do you know any brands that are 10 eye and up and have a similar structure? Haven't seen much out there except chinese generic no names off ebay :(
Always hungry ;)
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11075 posts
1529 upvotes
City of Vancouver
That photo seems to have been created in 2008?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1387 posts
630 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 6:15 pm
That photo seems to have been created in 2008?
It could possibly be. Just found it in google images while typing in leather combat boots and thought maybe someone recognized the brand. I'm looking for a 14 eye boot similar in height to the Doc Martens 1940 / 1914 boot but in tan or brown. The only other brands I know that sell anything remotely similar is Frye's and Steve Madden as hdom suggested but they are still a bit short in the shaft as far as what I'm looking for. Also seen some by Demonica but they are too fancy for me.

Or did you mean that my fashion tastes are outdated? Crying Face
Always hungry ;)
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11075 posts
1529 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Well, I looked up Dayton Boots's website and they have some tall shaft styles, but not 14 eye exactly -- it looks like 16. They had a gift card purchase discount on Blk Friday. Dayton Boots is in Vancouver, though. I think one of the BC NDP finance ministers wore their shoes on Budget Day one year.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1387 posts
630 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:27 pm
Well, I looked up Dayton Boots's website and they have some tall shaft styles, but not 14 eye exactly -- it looks like 16. They had a gift card purchase discount on Blk Friday. Dayton Boots is in Vancouver, though. I think one of the BC NDP finance ministers wore their shoes on Budget Day one year.
Thanks for the suggestion! I came across Dayton's a long while back and forgot about them. Way way out of my budget though :(
These are the kind I'm looking for (between 12-16 eye). Like the design though would prefer a less pointed toe and the midsole and sole colour to match
Always hungry ;)