Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cloudatcost.com

VPS - Ontime cost - US $ 10.50

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2016 10:20 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2006
90 posts
41 upvotes
Ajax

VPS - Ontime cost - US $ 10.50

Deal Link:
Price:
US $ 10.50
Savings:
60% off
Retailer:
Cloudatcost.com
Free Cloud Server - Pay one time setup fee for your very own place in the cloud

1 vCPU Core
2 public IP per Server
512MB ECC RAM
10GB SSD
1 Gbit Network
unmetered monthly transfer

60% off everything - Coupon Code: AWSISDOWN

FAQ from the site;

What does One-Time payment mean?
One-Time payment means you only have to pay once and you get the service for ever and never pay again.

How can you do this for this price?
We've already built and own the infrastructure, we don't have the same cost model as our competitors. Our space, power and internet costs are far lower, and we pass the savings on to you

What about bandwidth?
At this time we do not meter traffic and you can use as much bandwidth as you want.

What is your SLA
CloudatCost provides a 99.99% uptime SLA. Any lost time is credited back to your account at a pro-rated amount for your monthly package.

How do I pay you?
You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal

More detail about the company : - as per linkedin - Headquarters in Kitchener, ON , address related to Rack & Data - http://www.rackanddata.com/contact.html look like they are using this company

I ordered -- Developer CloudPRO 3 - US$ 28.00 (running 3 VM, let see how far it goes; paid by paypal; incase any issue go after paypal :) )

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[removed]

If anyone has any past experience about this company, please share.

I wouldn't recommend using credit card for placing order, since site is not verified. (no verisign certified.... or any seal ...)
Images
  • vps-01.JPG
  • vps-02.JPG
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 27th, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: referral solicitation
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
Don't do this. It's a terrible company. Just google for reviews. You will get much better service from an Orange Pi One connected to your home internet, no matter how slow your home internet may be, also for a one time cost - US $ 10.50 on aliexpress. Cloudatcost may start out ok but soon you will discover the issues:
- VM randomly shuts down for no reason
- Filesystem goes read-only (because it's not local file system but a remote one and the remote connection drops often)
- Network performance is < 2Mbit outside of the local Toronto exchange
- Disk I/O and CPU performance is worse than a Raspberry Pi Zero with Class 4 SD Card
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
I have a bunch of accounts with them.
Their servers & network is overloaded.
Don't put anything mission critical on these.
It's great for testing / playing around with, nothing more.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
"AWSISDOWN"
LOL
I'm fairly certain based on the reviews of this place that you'll be down FAR more than AWS is.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2205 posts
1572 upvotes
Garbage. I've been with this guys for almost two years. I think most up time that I had is 2 months.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
bblazer wrote: Any good alternative?
Define "alternative". For a one-time payment you cannot find a service which incurs ongoing costs of course, it is a scam and nothing more. You can buy yourself a small board like I suggested (Raspberry Pi Zero, C.H.I.P. or Orange Pi One) then plug it into your own power and internet. It will give you similar performance but will be more reliable. If you don't mind recurring charges then you can find cheap offers here: http://lowendstock.com/ . If you can live without your own IP then I recommend Gestion DBI which is a company from Montreal: https://clients.gestiondbi.com/index.ph ... ps/&step=0 . They also have a Halloween coupon HALLOWEEN1650 for 50% first year on annual billing for the servers with dedicated IP.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)