Cell Phones

Clover wireless (Samsung trade in partner) bankrupt?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 2:32 pm
[OP]
Jan 27, 2007
686 posts
544 upvotes

Clover wireless (Samsung trade in partner) bankrupt?

I'm no lawyer, but received a letter today mentioning chapter 11 for Clover technologies group. Did some googling and it seems they're in the process of some restructuring.

I've used them recently when I bought my Note 10+, that's probably why I got the letter. Luckily, my cheque came in and already cashed.

Anyone know more info of what's going on?

https://case.stretto.com/clover
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1883 posts
237 upvotes
we got one as well and not sure what it's even in relation to? Older Samsung phone trade in? We haven't done this in years so not sure why we got the letter if we were paid what was owed?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1008 posts
40 upvotes
Yeah, made a post in the Note 9 thread about it; received a letter as well from a trade in towards said phone.
Dec 26, 2015
15 posts
Yeah I got a mail from them too, I assume from the S10+ pre-order trade in. I got the cheque and cashed it in already. Is there anything I am suppose to do about it? This is the first time I am ever getting something like this and have no idea what's going on.
Jul 15, 2003
521 posts
381 upvotes
I already cashed in their cheque in around June 2019..shouldn't be impacted I hope.

EDIT: I got the letter today (Jan 3)
Last edited by barcathegreat on Jan 3rd, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 27, 2003
9829 posts
2475 upvotes
Newmarket
I got the letter too.
RFD Forums Moderator
[OP]
Jan 27, 2007
686 posts
544 upvotes
Yes, the letter is very lawyery. My understanding is we can file an objection to the bankruptcy /restructuring plan they have.

Better call Saul :)
Jul 13, 2013
884 posts
323 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I received the letter too, I thought it's a scam...
Thanks for creating this post.
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote: I'm no lawyer, but received a letter today mentioning chapter 11 for Clover technologies group. Did some googling and it seems they're in the process of some restructuring.

I've used them recently when I bought my Note 10+, that's probably why I got the letter. Luckily, my cheque came in and already cashed.

Anyone know more info of what's going on?

https://case.stretto.com/clover
I got the letter as well after I bought a Note10+ in September. My trade in was instant $200 off + $20 cheque for my S5 trade in. I cashed the cheque months ago.

I am paying the Note10+ through Samsung financing over 12 months. Do you think they will make me pay the $200 instant trade in credit I got originally? That is my only worry.
[OP]
Jan 27, 2007
686 posts
544 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: I got the letter as well after I bought a Note10+ in September. My trade in was instant $200 off + $20 cheque for my S5 trade in. I cashed the cheque months ago.

I am paying the Note10+ through Samsung financing over 12 months. Do you think they will make me pay the $200 instant trade in credit I got originally? That is my only worry.
No I doubt that, that's like changing the price of your purchase after buying something. If it affects anyone, it's probably people still waiting for a cheque.
Aug 7, 2014
116 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Anyone received a new letter? Anything I should do with it?
Aug 21, 2012
185 posts
124 upvotes
Hoffman wrote: Anyone received a new letter? Anything I should do with it?
i received one too. i have nothing outstanding with em so ima just throw the letter in the trash
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
4700 posts
3177 upvotes
Hoffman wrote: Anyone received a new letter? Anything I should do with it?
Just got it. I traded in a phone last year for S10.

Not sure what's really we can do about it. Any beef would be Samsung and this company. From my perspective, credit is given and and I already let go of the phone so I don't really care.

Now I wonder if some people are still waiting on their trade-in credits or cash back from this company.