• Sep 10th, 2013 12:59 pm
Tags:
Jan 6, 2004
404 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
goat wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2013 4:55 am
Just to vent very last minute: this stupid restriction on excel scaling is causing me headaches. It is a stupid rule that makes zero sense when combining it with a 20 page restriction.
A lot of things did not make make sense with board report. For instance, CMA would not accept coiling binding, only Cerlox!

Time to switch gears to presentation mode! What board questions do you think they will ask?
Aug 26, 2009
19 posts
spawnr wrote:
Jun 4th, 2013 10:29 pm
A lot of things did not make make sense with board report. For instance, CMA would not accept coiling binding, only Cerlox!

Time to switch gears to presentation mode! What board questions do you think they will ask?
If the practice board report was any indication, it will all be about risk mitigation...
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
1143 posts
107 upvotes
How was it? any tough questions? tell us more!!
Jan 8, 2007
396 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't think the questions were too bad.

At the end of the day we had been working on the case for over 3 months, there was no way the Board knew the case better than we did. That's the mentality we went in with.

The questions were not overly difficult, and the Board did not drill down on a certain area after asking an initial question on it
May 18, 2006
406 posts
28 upvotes
Etobicoke
Reading this thread makes me wanna throw up...
People have dedicated years of work to earn their CMA, but then answers are then easily posted on the internet.

Don't see many CA's or CGA's posting up their answers for 'homework' on RFD...

Guju - A CMA, but really wondering about class of 2013
Apr 6, 2009
99 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Guju - Welcome to the information age, good luck adapting!
Apr 6, 2009
99 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know when we can expect to get the results from our Board Report. I believe we just passed Week 5 this past Monday.
Jun 19, 2009
734 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
It'll have to be before October when convocation is. I can't recall why August seems to be floating around in my mind - perhaps because it's roughly 8 weeks from when people presented.
Apr 6, 2009
99 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
morpheus_1987 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2013 9:20 pm
It'll have to be before October when convocation is. I can't recall why August seems to be floating around in my mind - perhaps because it's roughly 8 weeks from when people presented.
Is it 8 weeks from presentation date or 8 weeks from when the report was handed in, which would make it around August 3rd. We all presented at different dates, so I can't see why it would be 8 weeks from the date you presented, unless they give out the marks group by group rather than everyone at once
Jan 8, 2007
396 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Marks will be released mid to late July
Oct 27, 2006
794 posts
22 upvotes
Sheek wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2013 6:30 pm
I didn't think the questions were too bad.

At the end of the day we had been working on the case for over 3 months, there was no way the Board knew the case better than we did. That's the mentality we went in with.

The questions were not overly difficult, and the Board did not drill down on a certain area after asking an initial question on it
The board probably didn't drill down questions because there won't be enough time to get all the answers for the questions. They understand that the scope of the student's answers are within the case - without taking into consideration too much of the external factors and other issues ;)

Oh and there are lots of CMA's in this board, so whatever is being discussed over the internet has probably been looked at :)
Apr 6, 2009
99 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
6 weeks today...countdown is on!
Aug 11, 2012
14 posts
1 upvote
Vdubbs wrote:
Jul 15th, 2013 12:25 pm
6 weeks today...countdown is on!
7 weeks now. BTW does anyne know how the marks will be communicated?
Aug 26, 2009
19 posts
ottawaguy2012 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 1:22 pm
7 weeks now. BTW does anyne know how the marks will be communicated?
Supposed to be directly to you via email.
× < >