Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 2, 2011
137 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary

CMA Interactive Session

I was wondering what to expect at the CMA interactive coming this weekend? Is there anything I can do in advance to prepare myself for it?

Also CMA Alberta has been vague in letting know how to pass each module.Does anyone care to explain CMA's passing requirements for modules? I did a search on their website but came empty handed.

Thanks.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3300 posts
142 upvotes
Which interactive session are you attending this weekend?
[OP]
Jan 2, 2011
137 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
jcon wrote:
Jan 10th, 2012 5:15 pm
Which interactive session are you attending this weekend?

I am attending for Module 1
Sep 13, 2008
135 posts
4 upvotes
j2_saint wrote:
Jan 10th, 2012 5:04 pm
I was wondering what to expect at the CMA interactive coming this weekend? Is there anything I can do in advance to prepare myself for it?

Also CMA Alberta has been vague in letting know how to pass each module.Does anyone care to explain CMA's passing requirements for modules? I did a search on their website but came empty handed.

Thanks.

Just show up, the rest will take care of itself...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6773 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
Relax, go and enjoy it as IS1 is the most informative, for me anyway. You learn where you f ed up in your cases and how NOT to fail! I think the moderators are generally really good as mines great!
Mar 6, 2011
35 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
j2_saint wrote:
Jan 10th, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks.

Module is not bad. Its a great learning experience. In module one, you can expect to learn how to do the cases properly as they do a story board. Aside from that, it's a lot of team building activities. You also have to present a presentation a few times. I think it was one about yourself and company and another one would be in a group work environment with randomly selected teams.

But besides that, it was a good session. I just finished my IS2 and it was so much better than IS1. You get the jitters out and it is a breeze!
Nov 10, 2004
30 posts
1 upvote
Originally I thought you're in Mod 5, because we're having it this coming weekend as well!

Breathe, relax, and you'll do fine, given the fact that you're paying so much money for it. Make sure you try to participate as much as you can, as you're graded on your participation and it'll help you get your jitters out of the way for the future modules.
Jul 29, 2009
201 posts
2 upvotes
Honestly it is a joke. it is very easy. the only way you can fail is if you dont achieve at least ME on one of the 5 assignments in the module. Do pay attention to the story-boarding though it really help pass the case exam at the end of year 1
Nov 26, 2009
10 posts
Are ME- a bad thing for overall IS grades on each module? I haven't gotten any BEs but I have gotten a lot ME- overall

If you pass the case exam and Board report can you still fail the SLP?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3300 posts
142 upvotes
You won't get to the Board Report if they feel your work is not good enough. They'll ask you to repeat a year.
Nov 26, 2009
10 posts
jcon wrote:
Feb 25th, 2012 9:49 am
You won't get to the Board Report if they feel your work is not good enough. They'll ask you to repeat a year.

How do they define "not good enough?"

I've gone through the first 5 modules without any mention of my work not being good enough from them. I get a lot of ME- overall on my IS because I don't participate much in the large and small group sessions.
Nov 22, 2004
949 posts
75 upvotes
Raj69er wrote:
Feb 25th, 2012 1:41 pm
How do they define "not good enough?"

I've gone through the first 5 modules without any mention of my work not being good enough from them. I get a lot of ME- overall on my IS because I don't participate much in the large and small group sessions.

why don't you participate? you already know that's what's hurting your mark. yeah there's a chance that you can get away with it and clear the board report based on your group assignments and all, but why not just participate?
Nov 26, 2009
10 posts
Clueless Fox wrote:
Feb 25th, 2012 2:14 pm
why don't you participate? you already know that's what's hurting your mark. yeah there's a chance that you can get away with it and clear the board report based on your group assignments and all, but why not just participate?

I plan to participate quite a bit in the last module.

The problem in the small group setting is 2 members in my group basically dominate the participation and I really don't get a chance to get a word in. I didn't really care until I noticed it's the reason I keep getting ME-
Dec 11, 2004
190 posts
3 upvotes
Raj69er wrote:
Feb 25th, 2012 3:11 pm

The problem in the small group setting is 2 members in my group basically dominate the participation and I really don't get a chance to get a word in. I didn't really care until I noticed it's the reason I keep getting ME-

Participate in large group discussions by raising your hand and let the mod pick you?
Nov 10, 2004
30 posts
1 upvote
Raj69er wrote:
Feb 25th, 2012 3:11 pm

As long as you pass the Board Report then you'll get those 3 letters, just like the rest. But to be honest, it's likely that each small group has 1 or 2 high D's. It's really up to you to up your own D level to not let them dominate.
× < >