• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2010 10:15 am
Tags:
None
Jun 14, 2010
1 posts
canada

CMA Practical Experience for Entry level accts

I graduated in 07 and worked for a bank till I got my first accounting job at the beginning of 09 and it has been a year now. I passed the EE in 09 summer and decided to defer the SLP for a year since I think I was still new to accounting. Now I am planning to apply for the program this Sep, but I think my job is still entry level accounting ..doing accts receivable basically..Is there anyone has the same situation that worries about how to fullfill the practical work experience? I know finding a new job is an option but ..any other suggestions??
Thanks in advance~!
1 reply
Nov 8, 2007
550 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
Apply to the SLP and get it over with. If you do not meet the criteria I think you can make up your hours after the program should you not qualify but you will have to check. Delaying the SLP is just antoher year you will lose out on a highwer salary your CMA would get you.

Talk to your employer and see if you can get some role expansion to qualify or look for a new job once your in the SLP program and say your a CMA candidate which will help get other jobs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)