• Oct 1st, 2013 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 16, 2010
13 posts
Calgary
fuquyo wrote:
Sep 8th, 2010 6:20 pm
Yea I have the same case.. I am from 10ON18 group..I haven't read the case yet but I have started to read the required readings for it..I am planning to have a thorough understanding of the case before our orientation.

Sweet! I read the case, but im finiding it difficult to write in a memo format. 750 words isn't much at all !!

plus, alot of qualitative analysis is required... which is the scary part. Just being able to pick out information from a 5 page case and justify it with accounting calculations (hardcore)

ugh!!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3316 posts
150 upvotes
Calgal2010 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2010 3:01 pm
Hi,

Has anyone actually looking at the cma website (cma-cpp.com). This is for the fall intake of Yr1 SLP (module 1 assignement 1). I was looking at the case, do you guys have the same case (coast4life Cruises)?

Just wondering if SLP cases (assignments) are the same across canada!

Same in Manitoba.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2008
1060 posts
105 upvotes
Durham Region
Calgal2010 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2010 10:09 pm
Sweet! I read the case, but im finiding it difficult to write in a memo format. 750 words isn't much at all !!

plus, alot of qualitative analysis is required... which is the scary part. Just being able to pick out information from a 5 page case and justify it with accounting calculations (hardcore)

ugh!!!!

yeah that first couple of assignments are like that...its frustrating, I know....
Nov 24, 2009
67 posts
Toronto
I am in Hamilton :)
nk101 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2010 6:26 pm
anyone in the hamilton session?
Sep 13, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
Thunder Bay
Does anyone have any idea whether or not assignment #1 for Mod 1 will be discussed in any sort of detail during the orientation session?

I was hoping to have a good start on it as I leave for vacation the day after orientation... but for not having learned anything yet getting smacked with a case is a little overwhelming. I don't even know where to start lol!

Hoping they give a little direction during the orientation session!! Any thoughts??
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1510 posts
46 upvotes
ON
Not necessarily, although you may ask... many others would like to find out.
JV807 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 3:05 pm
Does anybody have any clue if there will be any discussion or direction given during the orientation session on the 1st assignment (Cruise4Life)??
Oct 3, 2008
55 posts
I think readig the required material for the assignments before the orientation will definitely help in asking the right question at the orientation. It is stated on the 2nd page of the assignment file that they will introduce the case wriing approach in the orientation session.
Nov 24, 2009
67 posts
Toronto
I am not sure where to start with the 1st case either… Maybe we all should share some ideas, while working on the case, I think it will help everyone.
JV807 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 2:34 pm
Does anyone have any idea whether or not assignment #1 for Mod 1 will be discussed in any sort of detail during the orientation session?

I was hoping to have a good start on it as I leave for vacation the day after orientation... but for not having learned anything yet getting smacked with a case is a little overwhelming. I don't even know where to start lol!

Hoping they give a little direction during the orientation session!! Any thoughts??
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1654 posts
155 upvotes
Working on assignment one and honestly dont know where to start. At first it thought it was pretty straight forward assignment based on the step required for business report, that was until i skimmed to the back where the criteria for the assignment was actually going to be based on. We have to figure out ratios, forecasts, profitability etc.. Ive worked on some figures but it just doesnt look right, maybe i dont have enough facts and my assumptions are wrong.

or maybe im just thinking to hard into this and take it easy. And this is just the first assignment.

Anyone else have any luck?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1510 posts
46 upvotes
ON
Have you looked into the GR Hotels case (on DVD)? It may be helpful to do that first.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3165 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
currently working on the Coast4Life assignment....I am a bit intimidated after reading the rubric and what is expected.

I'm not exactly sure what ratios are expected and which ones are even relevant depending on the suggestion!??!

Personally, i would have liked to see a bit more direction considering it's the first assignment
Sep 21, 2010
9 posts
Toronto
I am having the same issue with Assignments ... its a lot to read and bit confused that from where i should start

can we arrange a sitting for a group discussion this friday 24th sep'10 ....some where in downtown toronto

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1510 posts
46 upvotes
ON
no forecast, just issues & alternatives, analysis of alternatives and recommendations

darkmagician wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2010 9:10 am
Working on assignment one and honestly dont know where to start. At first it thought it was pretty straight forward assignment based on the step required for business report, that was until i skimmed to the back where the criteria for the assignment was actually going to be based on. We have to figure out ratios, forecasts, profitability etc.. Ive worked on some figures but it just doesnt look right, maybe i dont have enough facts and my assumptions are wrong.

or maybe im just thinking to hard into this and take it easy. And this is just the first assignment.

Anyone else have any luck?
Sep 24, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
I have done the ratios but how much analysis is required for the 4 options? A study group would be good....does anyone have msn?
I really wish they had discussed the first case more in the orientation!
Sep 24, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
Working on the assignment, did the ratios but not sure how much analysis is required for the 4 options? Does anyone have MSN? A study group would be good, so we can share ideas..... is anyone in the Toronto North sessions?
× < >