Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 2:56 pm
Jul 5, 2004
23827 posts
3391 upvotes
When did the terms change to BC only for the promotion? I do not recall seeing that when I first applied for the account, but I just now got my account setup and the BC limitation is stated on the home page. So not sure which date they're going to go by.

Now I'm wondering if I'm going to qualify. If not I'll be pretty unhappy about performing a hard credit check for nothing.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46911 posts
4908 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 10:29 pm
When did the terms change to BC only for the promotion? I do not recall seeing that when I first applied for the account, but I just now got my account setup and the BC limitation is stated on the home page. So not sure which date they're going to go by.

Now I'm wondering if I'm going to qualify. If not I'll be pretty unhappy about performing a hard credit check for nothing.
The 12th i think. If your account is activated then you're good to go. I think they're slowly processing them but have stopped the promo for newer applications after the change.
Dec 31, 2012
89 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
1. How do i deposit a e-transfer into the account? ... it is asking me for a password or a personal access code... (never received one) only received an email with the 8-digit code for my card.

2. When people use PayTm for their 2 PAD's, and PayTm pulls the money is there a way to deposit that money back into my debit account with a different institution.. or should i just use it to pay my credit card? I don have PayTm and don't know how it works. From my research, it looks like it would be good to just use the money to pay my credit card.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mar 18, 2011
907 posts
422 upvotes
Pickering
goodfortune wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 6:55 pm
This is the step-3 page that you created your PAC and security question.
019.PAC.jpg
Ttraww wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 10:57 pm
1. How do i deposit a e-transfer into the account? ... it is asking me for a password or a personal access code... (never received one) only received an email with the 8-digit code for my card.

2. When people use PayTm for their 2 PAD's, and PayTm pulls the money is there a way to deposit that money back into my debit account with a different institution.. or should i just use it to pay my credit card? I don have PayTm and don't know how it works. From my research, it looks like it would be good to just use the money to pay my credit card.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Refer to the previous page for an explanation.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Dec 31, 2012
89 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
thanks! im SOL my code that I wrote down doesn't work. I'll have to call them tomorrow
Apr 7, 2019
160 posts
95 upvotes
Ttraww wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 11:06 pm
thanks! im SOL my code that I wrote down doesn't work. I'll have to call them tomorrow
Happened to me. Tried with Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox and code worked.
Dec 31, 2012
89 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
mr2711 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 11:18 pm
Happened to me. Tried with Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox and code worked.
Tried on Chrome on my Mac and on my phone, didn't work.
Aug 2, 2015
182 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 10:29 pm

I applied on the 10th, and got approved on 14th, activated account on 15th. Talked to the agent over the phone on the 14th if I qualify for $500 (applied before BC term change) and confirmed that I do.
Oct 5, 2014
351 posts
629 upvotes
Ontario
For those that did the $300, direct deposit once is confirmed? TIA
Jan 20, 2019
24 posts
1 upvote
BC
Those were immediate / quick approvals, how many of you selected Coast Capital will be your primary bank? Two people I referred got in immediately because they selected yes. I'm wondering if the delay is because I said no it wont be my primary bank lol
May 26, 2011
136 posts
161 upvotes
givemecheapstuffs wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 12:40 am
Those were immediate / quick approvals, how many of you selected Coast Capital will be your primary bank? Two people I referred got in immediately because they selected yes. I'm wondering if the delay is because I said no it wont be my primary bank lol
Nah, I said 'yes' and received the delay too.
Mar 18, 2011
907 posts
422 upvotes
Pickering
givemecheapstuffs wrote:

I said no, and I was immediately approved for my application.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1823 posts
717 upvotes
White Rock
givemecheapstuffs wrote:
Don't think it matters.
Both my wife and I selected "Yes". I was asked to "confirm identity at Canada Post", which I did in two hour and was approved the next day.
My wife got the "We'll be in touch about the status of your application within 2 business days, but most likely sooner." and still no update yet.
May 22, 2015
112 posts
48 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
asked username and I never had one.. gonna call them tomorrow. I have a feeling they stop the offer,cos I'm from ontario
Aug 25, 2015
171 posts
265 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Jimboski wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 10:33 pm
The 12th i think. If your account is activated then you're good to go. I think they're slowly processing them but have stopped the promo for newer applications after the change.
They stopped the promo even for BC residents?

Thread Information

There are currently 28 users viewing this thread. (18 members and 10 guests)

h41t3r, Koezer, Hardtarget, 1094197, Bratcoin, bazzz, Sweetcute, desusss, breadcrumb, Cheapmaestro, libumathew27, shattered, torspiker, cgtlky, chris5555, ExcelPremium, chrismaslee, AmirY766