Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 3:43 pm
Dec 31, 2012
111 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
1. How do i deposit a e-transfer into the account? ... it is asking me for a password or a personal access code... (never received one) only received an email with the 8-digit code for my card.

2. When people use PayTm for their 2 PAD's, and PayTm pulls the money is there a way to deposit that money back into my debit account with a different institution.. or should i just use it to pay my credit card? I don have PayTm and don't know how it works. From my research, it looks like it would be good to just use the money to pay my credit card.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1081 posts
604 upvotes
Pickering
goodfortune wrote: This is the step-3 page that you created your PAC and security question.
019.PAC.jpg
Ttraww wrote: 1. How do i deposit a e-transfer into the account? ... it is asking me for a password or a personal access code... (never received one) only received an email with the 8-digit code for my card.

2. When people use PayTm for their 2 PAD's, and PayTm pulls the money is there a way to deposit that money back into my debit account with a different institution.. or should i just use it to pay my credit card? I don have PayTm and don't know how it works. From my research, it looks like it would be good to just use the money to pay my credit card.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Refer to the previous page for an explanation.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Dec 31, 2012
111 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
thanks! im SOL my code that I wrote down doesn't work. I'll have to call them tomorrow
Apr 7, 2019
553 posts
700 upvotes
Ttraww wrote: thanks! im SOL my code that I wrote down doesn't work. I'll have to call them tomorrow
Happened to me. Tried with Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox and code worked.
Dec 31, 2012
111 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
mr2711 wrote: Happened to me. Tried with Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox and code worked.
Tried on Chrome on my Mac and on my phone, didn't work.
Aug 2, 2015
226 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote: When did the terms change to BC only for the promotion? I do not recall seeing that when I first applied for the account, but I just now got my account setup and the BC limitation is stated on the home page. So not sure which date they're going to go by.

Now I'm wondering if I'm going to qualify. If not I'll be pretty unhappy about performing a hard credit check for nothing.
I applied on the 10th, and got approved on 14th, activated account on 15th. Talked to the agent over the phone on the 14th if I qualify for $500 (applied before BC term change) and confirmed that I do.
Oct 5, 2014
378 posts
702 upvotes
Ontario
For those that did the $300, direct deposit once is confirmed? TIA
Jan 20, 2019
45 posts
9 upvotes
BC
Those were immediate / quick approvals, how many of you selected Coast Capital will be your primary bank? Two people I referred got in immediately because they selected yes. I'm wondering if the delay is because I said no it wont be my primary bank lol
May 26, 2011
161 posts
187 upvotes
givemecheapstuffs wrote: Those were immediate / quick approvals, how many of you selected Coast Capital will be your primary bank? Two people I referred got in immediately because they selected yes. I'm wondering if the delay is because I said no it wont be my primary bank lol
Nah, I said 'yes' and received the delay too.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1081 posts
604 upvotes
Pickering
givemecheapstuffs wrote: Those were immediate / quick approvals, how many of you selected Coast Capital will be your primary bank? Two people I referred got in immediately because they selected yes. I'm wondering if the delay is because I said no it wont be my primary bank lol

I said no, and I was immediately approved for my application.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1868 posts
751 upvotes
White Rock
Don't think it matters.
Both my wife and I selected "Yes". I was asked to "confirm identity at Canada Post", which I did in two hour and was approved the next day.
My wife got the "We'll be in touch about the status of your application within 2 business days, but most likely sooner." and still no update yet.
May 22, 2015
171 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
asked username and I never had one.. gonna call them tomorrow. I have a feeling they stop the offer,cos I'm from ontario
Aug 25, 2015
177 posts
269 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Jimboski wrote: The 12th i think. If your account is activated then you're good to go. I think they're slowly processing them but have stopped the promo for newer applications after the change.
They stopped the promo even for BC residents?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1868 posts
751 upvotes
White Rock
lcwman wrote: asked username and I never had one.. gonna call them tomorrow. I have a feeling they stop the offer,cos I'm from ontario
If you haven't setup a username, enter the "last 8 digits of your debit card number" from your "Set up your new account with Help Me Switch" email.
And then enter your Personal Access Code (PAC), which you chose when you applied for your account.
If not work, try another browser like Edge or IE.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)