Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 1:48 pm
Mar 30, 2018
283 posts
145 upvotes
I am trying one time payment to CTFS, when i put info it shows me bank name as CIBC. I changed it to coast capital but after i save it again shows CIBC
qbarnes95 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:38 pm
Odd, CTFS let me pay $50 when I owed $0

Ron.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1056 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone please explain me OP-out SIN number thing mentioned in summary?
Jan 1, 2018
416 posts
532 upvotes
This forum has now become like those where students post whether or not they have been admitted to professional school ahahaFace With Tears Of Joy
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Nov 10, 2016
262 posts
133 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 8:14 pm
Apparently so. This thread is a mess so it may be hard to say for sure. But according to @astroboy100, who is from ON, he just reported that he got the $500 today. See his post here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/coast-ca ... #p31448283
Thank you for the reply.

Just check my account, and saw the $500 bonus deposited already. wow.
- Applied and approved on Sept. 10th.
- Used PayMT to do two PADs on Sept 11th and 12th
- Received $500 on Sept. 16th
- Used referral link to apply for the new account but haven't got the $50 bonus

Hope this info is useful.
Last edited by skydeal on Sep 16th, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 8, 2013
247 posts
78 upvotes
British Columbia
Does anyone know if Canadian Tire (CTFS) Mastercard allows you to overpay using One Time Bill Payment on their site?

I realized American Express doesn't let you pay with bank payment until you have an amount owing.
Dec 8, 2013
247 posts
78 upvotes
British Columbia
kimcuc wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 9:57 pm
I'm trying to link my coastal account to paytm for a one time PAD and I'm getting this... any ideas?
Got this same error and then the account deletes itself. Guess the PayTM method is dead now
Mar 30, 2018
283 posts
145 upvotes
Anyone having problems with CTFS one time payment. It takes all the info but shows me CIBC as bank which is incorrect
booruce wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:24 pm
Got this same error and then the account deletes itself. Guess the PayTM method is dead now
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2789 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver
Applied on Sept 10 and got the 2-day review email. Radio silence from Coast Capital ever since then.

Saw my credit report today that they did a hard credit pull that same day (10th). But when I called them, my application is now "under review", which is a change from "pending" on Friday. Sigh... maybe this is a sign of pending rejection...
Sep 14, 2018
49 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
MrDisco wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:42 pm
how long does it take for e-interact payments to myself to show up in my account?
Mine showed up within 5 minutes, Simplii to Coast Capital.
Dec 12, 2013
170 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
skydeal wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:16 pm
Thank you for the reply.

Just check my account, and saw the $500 bonus deposited already. wow.
- Applied and approved on Sept. 10th.
- Used PayMT to do two PADs on Sept 11th and 12th
- Received $500 on Sept. 16th
- Used referral link to apply for the new account but haven't got the $50 bonus

Hope this info is useful.
Thanks for the info! May I ask what your two bill payments via PayTM were for? Did you simply set up two credit card payments?
Aug 5, 2019
17 posts
4 upvotes
How do you check the credit hit on equifax? I was approved on Tuesday and have had no issue with using an account since. I installed Credit Karma and Borrowell a couple days ago to see my credit score. While credit karma shows my credit score 66x, Borrowell shows 'ZERO'. I am fairly new to canada(have lived in BC two years now) for your understanding. Under my credit enquiries, I found roger(when I opened a phone line with Fido two years ago) and Freedom mobile a month ago but CCS. Any idea? :0
Jan 13, 2013
352 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver
VancityAcura wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 5:15 pm
Live in Vancouver and applied today. Used a referral email, approved right away and did an e-transfer on the following screen. Set up my own referral to the wife all without a hitch.
Did you have any difficulty with the website? I've probably tried applying over 20 times since Saturday and I get an error on the 2nd screen (SIN #, etc) almost every time. Once I made it to the final confirmation screen when I received yet another error.
Aug 26, 2018
33 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone have any information regarding married couple opening two separate “not joint accounts” and being eligible to receive the $500 bonus. The fine print seems to state “Limit of one $500 bonus per person”.

I’m looking good just wondering if I should open an account for my spouse?
Nov 13, 2013
32 posts
6 upvotes
So "two recurring PADs" can be random credit card bill payments, as long as it's >$50?? Like a bill payment this week, and then another random one next week?

I was thinking I could set up to pay my phone bills at the end of this month and next month, but I guess I can hasten the process a lot quicker by making other CC payments over the span of a few weeks?

Thread Information

There are currently 18 users viewing this thread. (12 members and 6 guests)

MikeDDD, speer12345, bazzz, KevinK90588, Cheapmaestro, julian3216, shattered, nawabs11, flyboy320, goodfore, Yummier, ct809