Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 10:53 am
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1188 posts
630 upvotes
People are getting their bonuses, and here I am still waiting for an account approval ("2 business days").

I applied almost 7 days ago... what do? Anyone else in a similar situation? Located in ON.
Mar 18, 2011
906 posts
421 upvotes
Pickering
sports1 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:44 am
People are getting their bonuses, and here I am still waiting for an account approval ("2 business days").

I applied almost 7 days ago... what do? Anyone else in a similar situation? Located in ON.
Wouldn't hurt to inquire about your status at this point, I'd say call in and see. If I recall, those of us who got approved, were approved immediately or within a few days.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Dec 8, 2013
249 posts
79 upvotes
British Columbia
srz5095 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:34 pm
Anyone having problems with CTFS one time payment. It takes all the info but shows me CIBC as bank which is incorrect
Where do you. see bank info? Mine just shows account on file with the number payment date and amount. The bank name I typed in myself when I set it up
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5079 posts
3450 upvotes
Vancouver
PayTM app is stupid. I initiated the manual method and I got the 2 deposits into my account but when I go to put them in the app it says "We'd love to do this right away but banks typically take up to 2 business days to show the amounts in your bank account. We'll inform you once it's done". How stupid.
Apr 7, 2019
160 posts
95 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 1:55 am
PayTM app is stupid. I initiated the manual method and I got the 2 deposits into my account but when I go to put them in the app it says "We'd love to do this right away but banks typically take up to 2 business days to show the amounts in your bank account. We'll inform you once it's done". How stupid.
Message just means that micro deposits made it to CCS but CCS is yet to inform PayTM about the deposits. Wait for 24 hrs and you would be allowed to verify deposits in PayTM. Even Tangerine makes you wait for few hours. Nothing stupid about it. Be thankful to PayTM else churning such promos would have been lot more difficult.
Oct 20, 2005
932 posts
112 upvotes
Using PayTM then adding payee via Want to try another method instead....

My account number is 12 digits but payTM onyl accepts 10 digit max... how to go about linking account to Pay TM>?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5079 posts
3450 upvotes
Vancouver
mr2711 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 2:07 am
Message just means that micro deposits made it to CCS but CCS is yet to inform PayTM about the deposits. Wait for 24 hrs and you would be allowed to verify deposits in PayTM. Even Tangerine makes you wait for few hours. Nothing stupid about it. Be thankful to PayTM else churning such promos would have been lot more difficult.
Turns out the app is actually kind of stupid. You need to go into a separate area to confirm the bank account, you can't click on the existing CCS logo. Anyways I found it. Can't wait to delete PayTM. What is PayTM legitimately used for?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5375 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
Mike^ wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 2:09 am
Using PayTM then adding payee via Want to try another method instead....

My account number is 12 digits but payTM onyl accepts 10 digit max... how to go about linking account to Pay TM>?
Really? I am able to key-in my 12 digits via the manual method.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1808 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I can do 12 digits as well in the manual screen. You might be doing it wrong, Mike^. :)

Make sure that you're trying via the manual button at the bottom of the page where all the banks show up rather than tapping on the Coast Capital icon.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5375 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 2:12 am
Turns out the app is actually kind of stupid. You need to go into a separate area to confirm the bank account, you can't click on the existing CCS logo. Anyways I found it. Can't wait to delete PayTM. What is PayTM legitimately used for?
WHERE IN THE APP DID YOU GO TO CONFIRM THE BANK ACCOUNT? THANKS
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4152 posts
1854 upvotes
PayTM is so cheap, they actually took back the micro deposits once you confirmed the link :).
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4152 posts
1854 upvotes
Bleys007 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 7:31 am
I read the headline and thought this was an article about RFD targeting Coast Capital for fraudulent referral bonuses.
We got those phishing texts all the time pretending from RBC, CIBC, etc. so it's not just CCS that was targeted. I told my daughter & my wife doesn't matter how urgent the message sounds like, do not click nor respond to it. If they are unsure, capture and send me the image.
Nov 8, 2011
473 posts
128 upvotes
NEPEAN
Just added account to PayTM. I am headed out of town for the day, wondering if I can expect the micro deposits today or not until tomorrow?

Thanks.

Thread Information

There are currently 19 users viewing this thread. (12 members and 7 guests)

Elfwood, SammyDavis, 1094197, Bratcoin, AM34plz, libumathew27, nawabs11, DefconZero, tokyokam88, fcukstrated, groyer, gearslut