Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Coast capital

Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 7:07 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1858 posts
2304 upvotes
Spouse waiting since Sept 10th 11 AM EST. I opened account on 9th Sept and already got my bonus. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Vacationing
May 28, 2016
391 posts
185 upvotes
litebrite wrote: Just called customer service and made an appointment at a branch to open up and account there. CSR confirmed that shouldn't be a problem. Tired of the waiting! Had applied on Sept 10 and radio silence ever since, aside from the couple of emails advising of a delay. This might be an option for BC folks w/ CCS branches nearby.
are you sure? the lady told me to wait for the stupid email even after I ask to visit a local branch, because I have an opened application
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: I guess at this point it wouldn't matter, he might as well get the 500 otherwise it was all a waste of time.

Btw, just got the PIN in the mail today. Funny enough, the PIN isn't required to activate the card by calling the card activation number (Toll free +1 866 517 7714), just card number and date of birth was requested.
I have never been asked for my PIN over the phone, whether it's for activation or otherwise. Can't see a PIN being required for anything but transactions at an ATM.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote: I guess at this point it wouldn't matter, he might as well get the 500 otherwise it was all a waste of time.

Btw, just got the PIN in the mail today. Funny enough, the PIN isn't required to activate the card by calling the card activation number (Toll free +1 866 517 7714), just card number and date of birth was requested.
I got my card about a week ago, yet I still don't have a pin number. Is it normal for the 2 to come this far apart?
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10499 posts
7632 upvotes
ON
Shaner wrote: I have never been asked for my PIN over the phone, whether it's for activation or otherwise. Can't see a PIN being required for anything but transactions at an ATM.
The letter that came with the card said to wait for the pin to arrive in order to activate the card through the phone, or go in branch. I am in Ontario so no branches available. I figured it would request the PIN when activating on the phone for verification purposes.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10499 posts
7632 upvotes
ON
zobi123 wrote: I got my card about a week ago, yet I still don't have a pin number. Is it normal for the 2 to come this far apart?
Mine came about a week or so later. I wouldn't worry about it.
Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
jt05mi wrote: Ditto.
So all these applications pending since the 10th/11th will ALL get processed by the end of the week....?
Hmmmm Thinking FaceThinking FaceThinking Face that just doesn't sound right....
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10499 posts
7632 upvotes
ON
Jumanji12 wrote: Still waiting after two weeks... Anyone still in the same.boat?
That ain't no boat anymore, with all the people in it it must be that Titanic by now...
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10499 posts
7632 upvotes
ON
DianaN71218 wrote: So all these applications pending since the 10th/11th will ALL get processed by the end of the week....?
You know, "check is in the mail" kind of thing...
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10499 posts
7632 upvotes
ON
game6874 wrote: Hi guys,
I'm trying to set PayTm for PAD from CCS account.
But when I try to set scheduled bill from CCS to TD credit account, they require to verify identification with CCS bank statement which is registered on PayTM.
However, I just create and open CCS account, so I still cannot see my bank statement doc.

How the other guys set on payTM?
I just did the "link account", got the 2 deposits and confirmed the amounts via the manual route. The automatic link where it requests username/pswrd for CCS through PayTm didn't work.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
Their self imposed deadline of end of week is here.

I wonder if this was just a ploy so they can send out a mass rejection email tomorrow with some BS to cover the fact that they didn't have the money allotted for the amount of applications they received.

Because I'm going to be pissed if they award the bonus to people who applied after the 10th, while they reject pending applications.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
DianaN71218 wrote: So all these applications pending since the 10th/11th will ALL get processed by the end of the week....?
That's not what they said. They said they would get back to us by the end of this week. Which could be just another email saying they will get back to us again by the end of next week. :)
Jun 13, 2017
114 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver
I had mine on the same day done. While the wife applied on the 15th and they are working on it. Called them yesterday, got an email to visit the Post Office to validate ID. So hope they get her account done soon
Jul 8, 2017
219 posts
124 upvotes
Want to confirm. Two bank withdraws >$50 using PayTM will work as PAD? They didnt restrict PayTM?
Mar 21, 2011
788 posts
303 upvotes
Delta
speer12345 wrote: Want to confirm. Two bank withdraws >$50 using PayTM will work as PAD? They didnt restrict PayTM?
Worked for me last week, PAD PayTM Sep 18 and 19, got $500 Welcome Bonus Sep 23.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2011
1876 posts
1154 upvotes
Not NEPEAN
Direct deposit from work pay showed up this morning. Maybe Monday bonus, then I will activate card and make a purchase.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4561 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
Sept 10 - opened account
Sept 10 - sent EMT of $105
Sept 27 - Payroll got deposited

Questions:

When would I see the $500 bonus?
How about any referrals? I don't see any yet
Do we have to activate the card and make a purchase? Why?
How do I link to an external account to get my $$$ out?

Thanks!!
Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
How fun.... their website has the following message. Now that could mean that they've put all new applications on a 24h hold to process all outstanding applications.... or this could be a bad thing... I guess we will find out soon enough...

Membership Application Maintenance

We’re currently undergoing maintenance on our online membership application form. We anticipate this maintenance to take up to 24 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience. (Last updated: 9/26/2019 7:05pm PDT)

Anyways, I hope they give some meaningful recognition to all their employees that have probably been working non-stop!!!
Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: Sept 10 - opened account
Sept 10 - sent EMT of $105
Sept 27 - Payroll got deposited

Questions:

When would I see the $500 bonus?
How about any referrals? I don't see any yet
Do we have to activate the card and make a purchase? Why?
How do I link to an external account to get my $$$ out?

Thanks!!
I can only speak to some of those questions
- bonus should come in next week (but technically within 30 days)
- you should have received instructions on how to activate your card (probably back of the card)
- why don't you just pay off a credit card/bills from this account? Probably easier than trying to link another bank account - I think it depends on your other bank. You could also pay the $1.50 fee to e-transfer.
Jul 15, 2019
121 posts
56 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Hoping to hear from them today even if it's just another delay email.

Applied early on the 11th and still waiting as with most.

Would be real disappointed to see a rejection email but guess we shall wait and see

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)