Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 5:17 am
Dec 10, 2003
47 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
adeel wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:33 am
so did I eff up?

I got a link and signed upon the referral page.

However, I didnt see anything ahout the offer so I closed the page - if i go back to referal page, it says offer unlocked

if I sign up from the main site where it shows $500 bonus, will I still get the $50 referral bonus?
Its confusing. You give your name and email with referral link. Close it. Then you must sign up on the home page using the same name and email. Should get $50 referral.
Last edited by hudson on Sep 11th, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10306 posts
883 upvotes
Vancouver
Did everyone get the coast capital email right away? I am doing an etransfer to finish funding account, but I need the debit # which they said they emailed....
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3937 posts
1893 upvotes
Vancouver
jaynnjoy wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:23 am
Can anyone tell me where I can print off a direct deposit form (for payroll) from the new chequing account? Thanks in advance.
Check the email "Set up your new account with Help Me Switch". There's a link that gives you access to all of the forms.

Ron.
May 24, 2006
17 posts
1 upvote
Check your e-mail. If you got the refer-a-friend e-mail then you are good to go to open an account. If not then go through the page again.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
2033 posts
182 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes. Subject is "Set up your new account with Help Me Switch" Last 8 digits is in the email.
Aug 3, 2014
130 posts
273 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
atheoncrutch wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:32 am
What kind of error message did you get? I first got the "uhoh thats not supposed to happen" message, then got the "We'll be in touch about the status of your application within the next 2 business days" message after trying again.
Why do you think the second 'error' message you got was an error? Your application got through and is now pending.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5158 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
hudson wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:36 am

Its confusing. You give your name and email with referral link. Close it. Then you must sign up on the home page using the same name and email. Should get $50 referral.
jet006 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:38 am
Check your e-mail. If you got the refer-a-friend e-mail then you are good to go to open an account. If not then go through the page again.
thanks for response

how long does refer a friend email take

edit: nver mind - tried again with gmail and now received the email

nojw that i got the email, can i sign up from where it shows the $500 bonus?
Jul 21, 2014
11 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My experience:

1. Signed up without a referral, forgot about that part. It took a bunch of tries to get through the application process - various system errors. However I was lucky and my account was actually created properly.

2. I received two emails from them that both went to my spam folder. One titled 'Welcome to Coast Capital Savings' and the other titled 'Set up your new account with Help Me Switch'. The latter had my debit card in it.

3. I hit the part where you need to make a deposit. I sent an e-transfer to myself as instructed, but when I went to accept it I wasn't able to log in. It told me to contact a number.

4. Rather than call, I downloaded the app. I was able to log in and create a username and password using the debit card number and passcode that I created during signup.

5. After creating this username and password I was unable to sign in to the app with it. However I went back to my desktop browser and was now able to log in and accept the e-transfer.

6. Went to shaw and switched billing to CC. I hope this is all it takes and it qualifies. Bill is > $50.
Last edited by gimmedeals23 on Sep 16th, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 23, 2018
98 posts
41 upvotes
Sorry if it's been answered, it was too much to search through. Is there a credit hit for this?
Dec 10, 2003
47 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
OongaLoonga wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:01 pm
Sorry if it's been answered, it was too much to search through. Is there a credit hit for this?
Yes
Apr 7, 2019
159 posts
95 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:01 pm
Equifax credit hit.
Sep 28, 2010
789 posts
188 upvotes
Surrey
Been banking with Coast Capital for over 20 years, and i will be leaving as soon as RBC has there next $300 promotion. Customer service has tanked, wait times on the phone are out of this world, and the app is another story!
I wanted to continue banking with a community savings bank, but unfortunately i will have to transfer. I know RBC isnt much "better", i used to bank there years ago.
Oct 25, 2010
512 posts
197 upvotes
purplekush604 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:07 pm
Been banking with Coast Capital for over 20 years, and i will be leaving as soon as RBC has there next $300 promotion. Customer service has tanked, wait times on the phone are out of this world, and the app is another story!
I wanted to continue banking with a community savings bank, but unfortunately i will have to transfer. I know RBC isnt much "better", i used to bank there years ago.
I’ve been with Coast Capital about 25 years as well (since it was formerly known as Richmond Savings). Contrary to you I love Coast Capital. They just became a federal credit union so I suspect there are some growing pains which might account for the long phone wait times you have experienced. I also have accounts at tangerine, EQ bank, Manulife, simplii and TD currently, but all my real banking is done on my Coast Capital accounts.
Last edited by Ryes on Sep 11th, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Apr 23, 2017
378 posts
209 upvotes
Can I just sign up w/ the referral link or do I need the link to be emailed it to me? Not sure if that's a req

TIA
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

libumathew27