Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2019 9:22 pm
Jun 7, 2019
29 posts
9 upvotes
Stallion86 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2019 10:57 pm
Can the same be done with TD or CIBC ?
Sorry I don't have an account with either of them but I imagine it's possible - maybe someone else can chime in.
Apr 23, 2008
916 posts
121 upvotes
My wife application (Toronto resident) was on the morning of Sep 12th and is now approved (2 months). She just opened an account and deposited $105.
What was the cut off day of the promo to be BC resident only? I hope she is in for the bonus, anyone confirms?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1871 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Stallion86 wrote:
Not with TD and I doubt it can be done with CIBC. It’s usually the online institutions that allow you to link external accounts. You can then move money that way. Credit Unions, such as Meridian also have this service. RBC, Scotia and TDCT do not have this.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1871 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
“2 CRAs but since I don't owe taxes it was rejected on CRA end. Didn't realize it until last week.”

What does this mean? Did CRA withdraw the money from Coast Capital, or did they simply refuse to do it? I thought they would simply keep it as a credit to be applied towards your 2019 taxes. How do they know you don’t owe taxes?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5515 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
Stallion86 wrote:
No, big 5 does not allow you to link from their side.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4316 posts
2011 upvotes
my wife doesn't work and she doesn't have any bill to pay. Can she get some of my payroll deposit or can I use her account to pay my CTFS bill?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
2045 posts
187 upvotes
Mississauga
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 6:31 am
my wife doesn't work and she doesn't have any bill to pay. Can she get some of my payroll deposit or can I use her account to pay my CTFS bill?
This is exactly what I did. Made two one time bill payments 2 days apart.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1200 posts
186 upvotes
Stouffville
fortune88 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2019 10:16 pm
DD for payroll?
Direct Deposit from Payroll correct.
Aug 21, 2019
281 posts
202 upvotes
So DD was done today.
How long till the $500 is deposited?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5515 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
Stallion86 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 10:58 am
So DD was done today.
How long till the $500 is deposited?
WITHIN 30 days.
Oct 1, 2006
86 posts
42 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Hi, I think I'm stuck now and need RFD help if possible. I applied / had my account created on Sept 10th. Scheduled my Bell bill to go here, however October did not go and now my November bill will not come out until the 24th. I setup PayTM to do autopayments to my Credit Card a month ago and Coast Capital is not honoring those (*just spoke with them after I had three payments come out over the last 3 weeks of $55). I called my credit card company to see if I could get auto payments set up, and the best frequency they can do is monthly. Moving my payroll over is not an option so no need to discuss that.

Any RFD suggestions on how to get a valid weekly / bi-weekly bill payment on here? I need two by Dec 10th or I don't get the $500 :(
Sep 21, 2008
454 posts
379 upvotes
Coast Capital Update:

After two months and a couple "we're still working on your application" emails in response to my requests for updates, I finally called in today.
The rep says that my application was declined, but neither she nor anybody else can tell me why. Lol. She quickly also said that I can reapply but, of course, wouldn't qualify for the $500 sign-up bonus now.

I guess it makes sense. When your bank makes a mistake that's going to cost a fair amount of money, rather than just owning up and saying "sorry, we can't honor our advertised deal", pretend that people are rejected for no reason whatsoever (I have perfect credit, etc...)

What a farce.

:D
Feb 28, 2011
883 posts
145 upvotes
Surrey
buriboi wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 2:05 pm
Coast Capital Update:

After two months and a couple "we're still working on your application" emails in response to my requests for updates, I finally called in today.
The rep says that my application was declined, but neither she nor anybody else can tell me why. Lol. She quickly also said that I can reapply but, of course, wouldn't qualify for the $500 sign-up bonus now.

I guess it makes sense. When your bank makes a mistake that's going to cost a fair amount of money, rather than just owning up and saying "sorry, we can't honor our advertised deal", pretend that people are rejected for no reason whatsoever (I have perfect credit, etc...)

What a farce.

:D
Well to be fair to them, they are not declining people not to give money since very few people are declined, a lot of people got the money. The reason is just unknown, it would be interesting to know why.
Tangerine and Public Mobile customer
Sep 9, 2019
295 posts
169 upvotes
massakk wrote:
Nov 15th, 2019 2:51 pm
Well to be fair to them, they are not declining people not to give money since very few people are declined, a lot of people got the money. The reason is just unknown, it would be interesting to know why.
Out of the 6 people I know personally, including myself, 3 of us for approved, 2 rejected, and one still waiting (sounds like denied but no email really), I don't feel like "very few people are declined"...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)