Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2019 11:31 am
Jun 26, 2019
6 posts
2 upvotes
Update* signed up sep 11th, approved October 9th. Multiple PAYTM pads, read it was no longer working so I tried CTFS, PADs of 55$ oct 16 and 17, made subsequent payments because I needed to anyways. No bonus after thirty days so just called in now and stated it had been over thirty days, on hold for 5 minutes and was told my account was credited the 500$. As soon as I hung up the bonus was there. I advise anyone who thinks they’ve met the requirements to just call in and ask!
Aug 17, 2010
21 posts
BURNABY
I applied sep13, and just received the email that I just need to make a deposit before using the account

would i still qualify for the $500?
Nov 18, 2019
2 posts
Just checked with BELL, They said Coastcapital is not included in the creedited bak they have for pre-authorized payments. That's why you cannot find the bankname in Bell.ca's bill settings.
They recommended to contact the bank.
So disappointing.
Jan 3, 2007
358 posts
107 upvotes
My situation is this:
Applied on Sept11th,
received Canada Post verification on Oct 7th,
....no news till around 20th of the October, so I called, they said they emailed me the account information on Oct 9th(which I didn't get, trust me, I checked junk mail everyday), and my account approved that day. They said they won't send me another email, and ask me to wait for debit card in mail instead, that way I could log on website that way.
So, got my debit card Nov19th.

Now....if the 90 days really start from approval date(for me it's October 9th), I'm pretty much screwed, I was planning to do pad on telus, but they say if I set up now, they won't deduct till next billing cycle for me which is dec16th...then my next one is January 16th...so past the 90 days.
4Fox1RF wrote:
Nov 18th, 2019 4:37 pm
see the "Started On" date in your CCS account details.

"Started On" date is the activation/start date to setup PAD/Direct Deposit within 90 days, not from application/approval date :-)

as per CCS T&C:
*** "The first qualifying payroll direct deposit or other recurring direct deposit must be received within 90 days of successfully opening a membership and an Account."
*** "The first and second withdrawal taken from the Account for the pre-authorized payment must be successfully withdrawn within 90 days of successfully opening an Account."
*** "The $500 bonus will be paid within 30 days of eligibility criteria being met."
Sorry, I know this has been gone over thousands times, I'm still not 100% sure when the 90 days start....
Jun 27, 2017
396 posts
500 upvotes
GTA
Tonerbox wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 9:21 pm
Sorry, I know this has been gone over thousands times, I'm still not 100% sure when the 90 days start....
Look into your account details:
coastcap-startdate.png
Jun 25, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
Hardtarget wrote:
Nov 18th, 2019 1:38 pm
Oct-31-2019 Pre-Auth Debit B C HYDRO POWER AUTHORITY -$51.00
Oct-29-2019 Pre-Auth Debit B C HYDRO POWER AUTHORITY -$51.00

whelp, another monday and still no monies

sigh
how did you get bc hydro to debit your account twice for relatively small amounts like this?

Also FYI everyone, i spoke with a rep yesterday who told me that PayTM does not qualify
Dec 5, 2004
76 posts
24 upvotes
Dddamos wrote:
Nov 20th, 2019 4:15 pm
how did you get bc hydro to debit your account twice for relatively small amounts like this?

Also FYI everyone, i spoke with a rep yesterday who told me that PayTM does not qualify
Once you add your banking information to BC Hydro, you can do ad hoc payments.
Nov 6, 2011
128 posts
72 upvotes
Edmonton
So, is it make a payroll direct deposit OR 2 PAD payments for $500 or do you have to do payroll and 2 PAD?
Jun 22, 2018
26 posts
3 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 4th, 2019 6:56 pm
You have Tangerine? Link the account and do 2 pulls on Tangerine, worked for me and others but YMMV.
what do u mean 2 pulls?
Jan 3, 2007
358 posts
107 upvotes
Dddamos wrote:
Nov 20th, 2019 4:15 pm

I also asked rep before about doing PAD on a car loan under wife's name, they said that don't qualify......which I don't really believe it too...
Jan 3, 2007
358 posts
107 upvotes
AlanL14042 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2019 6:40 pm
what do u mean 2 pulls?
I'd like to know how to go about that too, that seems to be my only option now.
Jan 14, 2008
95 posts
25 upvotes
Same. I have Tangerine and would be my best method.
Jan 19, 2015
17 posts
8 upvotes
Canoe, BC
Applied around Sept 10 and hadn’t received any information via email or phone. Randomly a coast capital card showed up today in the mail. Will have to double check I am still eligible for the $500.
Jun 22, 2018
26 posts
3 upvotes
dnrwo2001 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2019 9:37 pm
Hi, could you please tell me what happened after that? Because I made same mistake as you did.
Thanks
Where can I find the account number? I thought its the membership number too.