Expired Hot Deals

[Coast Capital Savings] *BC only* Get $200 for opening a Free Chequing Account with the usual req

Jul 31, 2017
761 posts
141 upvotes
I'm curious about this offer, in the past they said they wouldn't allow other credit union members (Vancity, etc), does this allow anyone except people that have had an account with CC recently or currently?
Jul 24, 2012
451 posts
43 upvotes
kaliyanto wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 4:11 pm
For new accounts (and those who have closed their accounts over 12 months ago) and BC residents only!

$200 for opening a no fee Chequing account. I'm not qualified for this offer as I use it for my main banking already. Love their no fee chequing products.

More details:

Get $200 when you join. Once you open your account, you could get a $200 bonus. Just do one of the following:

1. Set up payroll direct deposit or another recurring direct deposit.

Or,

2. Set up a preauthorized debit to automatically pay any recurring bills, such as a phone or hydro bill.

Your first recurring deposit or debit needs to occur within 60 days of account opening in order to be eligible for this offer. The $200 credit will be applied within 120 days of the qualifying transaction posting to your account.

Fine prints:
Transactions include cheques, Coast Capital Savings® and EXCHANGE Network ATM withdrawals, Interac® Direct Payment, preauthorized payments, Coast-by-Phone® bill payments, Coast Online® Banking bill payments and in-branch withdrawals, transfers and bill payments. Deposits and self-serve (Coast Capital Savings® ATM, Coast-by-Phone® and Coast Online® Banking) transfers are free.
Open a Free Chequing, Free Debit and More Account before December 31, 2017, set up an eligible recurring preauthorized credit or debit within 60 days of account opening, and a $200 credit will be applied to your account. The $200 credit will be applied within 120 days of the qualifying transaction posting to your account. Offer not open to current members, Coast Capital Savings employees, or to persons who have closed an account in the last 12 months. Must be 19 years or older. Offer subject to satisfying account and membership opening criteria. Limit of $200 per new membership per person. Offer subject to change.
Where did you get this link from? I couldn't see it in their own site. Also wondering if one would qualify if she is a member of other credit union like Island saving but never a member of coast capital before.
Apr 26, 2009
227 posts
18 upvotes
Thanks OP. Wondering if this works for business account?
In need of a business bank account in a month and not sure what is the best (free is the best :P )
Jun 28, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
It seems to hang on one of the loading screens for me. I am currently in Ontario so I wonder if this is why (I am still signing up with my BC address). Or maybe they're just getting a lot of traffic.
Jul 24, 2006
85 posts
84 upvotes
Erred out on me when trying to apply online. Called to find out what the issue was, apparently if you have a profile with them already ie cancelled account or no longer a union member with them you will have to open the account in person at the branch. This was for error code 1300.
Jun 19, 2009
109 posts
5 upvotes
richmond
BritishColumbian wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 4:27 am
I'm curious about this offer, in the past they said they wouldn't allow other credit union members (Vancity, etc), does this allow anyone except people that have had an account with CC recently or currently?
Current deal is a different offer from earlier this year. This offer is applicable for people wiht existing credit union accounts (eg. Vancity) .
Last edited by Ccmboy on Dec 14th, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 19, 2009
109 posts
5 upvotes
richmond
tingoting wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 1:08 pm
Thanks OP. Wondering if this works for business account?
In need of a business bank account in a month and not sure what is the best (free is the best :P )
Yes the $200 offer is for new business accounts also.
Last edited by Ccmboy on Dec 14th, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 24, 2012
451 posts
43 upvotes
2003fxdl wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 7:22 pm
"We regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you membership with Coast Capital Savings at this time.

We’ve sent an email with more details around this decision. We encourage you to review this."

Damn you Coast Capital. They knew I just wanted the $200
Did you get this message after you are attempting to open a new account? Or how do you get this message?
Jul 24, 2012
451 posts
43 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 10:41 pm
Awesome, I just signed up.

Got approved and I deposited $200.

Set up Telus phone bill as PAD. Hopefully that works.

Is there an easier way to set up a PAD? My bill is usually $70, I don't want a non-sufficient funds transaction...

Thanks OP
Why and how to you deposit $200 to your new account. Also how do you for sure that you will get the bonus?
Penalty Box
Jul 17, 2008
8200 posts
1666 upvotes
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS!

Another member found this: coast-capital-savings-customers-warned- ... k-2153605/

I like the bank promos as much as everybody else and I made a few thousands since it started a few years ago, but I am not going to sell my personal info to US companies (where is capitalism at it's best and your info will get sold to everybody) just to get $200.

I'll wait for the next CIBC,TD,BMO,NB to get another few hundred.
Jul 24, 2012
451 posts
43 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 3:46 pm
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS!

Another member found this: coast-capital-savings-customers-warned- ... k-2153605/

I like the bank promos as much as everybody else and I made a few thousands since it started a few years ago, but I am not going to sell my personal info to US companies (where is capitalism at it's best and your info will get sold to everybody) just to get $200.

So people who already have their account should close it as soon as possible?
Jan 18, 2017
21 posts
9 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 3:46 pm
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS!

Another member found this: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/coast-ca ... k-2153605/

Settle down there sport, hundreds (possibly thousands) of US companies have that info already. The marketing industry is fantastically good at grabbing your info, not so good at using or protecting it.

It's not bad to be concerned, even if it's probably pointless given you're using a computer or smartphone and the internet (which means you're totally screwed), but being alarmist about this one thing like it's the crack in the dam is kinda odd.
Mar 10, 2012
340 posts
307 upvotes
PEACHLAND
Dealfinder111 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 3:23 pm
Did you get this message after you are attempting to open a new account? Or how do you get this message?
When trying to open an account yes. Might've been my information with the credit bureau didn't match as my address changes frequently. Not worth digging into if it's going to be a pain for me
Mar 12, 2006
576 posts
27 upvotes
2003fxdl wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 5:02 pm
When trying to open an account yes. Might've been my information with the credit bureau didn't match as my address changes frequently. Not worth digging into if it's going to be a pain for me
I think...this is the answer.

I signed up with zero issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1656 posts
450 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Thanks OP! Good to know it's worth it financially sometimes to live in B.C. haha.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"