Expired Hot Deals

[Coast Capital Savings] *BC only* Get $200 for opening a Free Chequing Account with the usual req

Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
1909 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
hmm does anyone know why I could have been denied? I have a credit history dating back to 2001 and have always paid every single bill on time (got an equafax report to confirm this). In the last month, I did get a koodo phone, which I've already paid off and applied for the home trust visa because the chase amazon.ca is being discontinued.

Can I apply in person? Would they have this promotion in person at coast capital?
Apr 7, 2016
56 posts
8 upvotes
In for 1 thanks op :D signed up and setup with pre auth debit for my phone plan.
Dec 27, 2012
117 posts
21 upvotes
BURNABY
I got my account approved on 15th Dec; deposit amount into account, and then set up the Recurring credit amount for my Telus Home service at the same time. Got an email from Telus that Coastal Saving refunded the payment amount--or reject the amount to be deducted! Anyone encounter the same issue with Recurring payment setup? It says must have recurring amount deducted within 60 days to qualify for $200 bonus
Feb 20, 2004
864 posts
290 upvotes
Just so you all know PAD can't be out of Tangerine nor setting up recurring payments like bill payments yourself online. You have to do it from the utility website or call your credit company for example to set up PAD's. I did it from my Roger's account. What's annoying is most companies like Bell have this rule that the new bill payment set up/PAD takes 1 billing cycle to get going. So if you're thinking of opening this account you better do this right off the bat as you only have 60 days. I just opened a TD account and that was even less time like 45 days! I'm still unsure if my Rogers bill will be processed with new PAD this month or next. I think setting up PAD from credit card account is faster for me as I don't have have any PAD's set up with them yet.
Jan 20, 2016
24 posts
3 upvotes
Has anyone received the $200 bonus yet?
Jan 20, 2016
24 posts
3 upvotes
micronta wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:11 am
Just so you all know PAD can't be out of Tangerine...
Did they tell you this?
Feb 20, 2004
864 posts
290 upvotes
cendse wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:28 am
Did they tell you this?
Yes! This is the email I got today:

Thank you for your inquiry pertaining to our $200 promotion.
The preauthorized payment cannot be a reoccurring payment from one financial institution to another, it needs to be a preauthorized payment set up with a vendor such as BC Hydro or your telephone provider etc.

We hope that helps clarify!

We are here to help. If you require further assistance please email or call us at 604.517.7000 (Greater Vancouver), 250.483.7000 (Greater Victoria), or 1.888.517.7000 (Toll-free in North America), Mon - Sat, 8 am to 8 pm.
Sep 2, 2013
182 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
bpun wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 2:29 pm
Erred out on me when trying to apply online. Called to find out what the issue was, apparently if you have a profile with them already ie cancelled account or no longer a union member with them you will have to open the account in person at the branch. This was for error code 1300.
So, Did you have a Coast Saving Membership before?

Have you went to the branch to open the account since you had a profile with them even you cancelled your account before? What did they say about?
Sep 2, 2013
182 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
Ccmboy wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 3:15 pm
Current deal is a different offer from earlier this year. This offer is applicable for people wiht existing credit union accounts (eg. Vancity) .
How about I had a Coast Saving Member before and I cancelled it two years ago? Does this new offer applicable to me ?
Jun 19, 2009
109 posts
5 upvotes
richmond
greenhand wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:20 pm
How about I had a Coast Saving Member before and I cancelled it two years ago? Does this new offer applicable to me ?
Yes, you still get it. You only need to have closed your account for at least 12 months
Sep 2, 2013
182 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
Ccmboy wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 6:48 pm
Yes, you still get it. You only need to have closed your account for at least 12 months
thanks.

I will go to the Branch tomorrow morning.
Nov 4, 2012
230 posts
16 upvotes
Burnaby
Last year I used tangerine for DD and I got the $200. Maybe the rules has changed this year.
Apr 5, 2016
410 posts
547 upvotes
BC
approved.png

Approved. :-)
For the PAD - don't forget about BC MSP as an option.
I called MSP (took about 20min to get through, and 5min to setup)
They also told me the exact day that the first PAD would take place (well within the 60day CC deadline)
Fido Public Mobile Shaw Tangerine
Feb 17, 2013
29 posts
7 upvotes
"Your first recurring deposit or debit needs to occur within 60 days of account opening in order to be eligible for this offer."

To qualify as recurring debit, does that mean a second PAD has to occur to the same entity within 60 days?

If so this may be cutting it close (intentionally?) since with billing cycles and set up delays, PADs will take some time to go through.