Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Coextro

Unlimited Cable Internet 120M $59, 60M $39, 40M $29, 15M, $19 + FREE WIRELESS ROUTER

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2018 11:47 am
Sep 28, 2016
11 posts
10 upvotes

Unlimited Cable Internet 120M $59, 60M $39, 40M $29, 15M, $19 + FREE WIRELESS ROUTER

Deal Link:
Price:
$19
Retailer:
Coextro
COGECO CABLE AREA - FREE INSTALLATION AND FREE WIRELESS ROUTER

Promotional Pricing is good for 3 months. Here are the full details:

15 Mbps - $19 for 3 months, $35 ongoing
40 Mbps - $29 for 3 months, $45 ongoing
60 Mbps - $39 for 3 months, $55 ongoing
120 Mbps - $59 for 3 months, $80 ongoing

You can purchase their TCM 4300 for $95 or use your own modem for $30.
46 replies
Dec 28, 2017
15 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
Speed/price and reviews look good but can't get it in Richmond Hill :(
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1516 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
CarryTel has a better deal IMHO because it's not limited to 3 months. For Cogeco area, it's $39.99+tax - $5/month (after tax) for 48 months (4 years). Here is the RFD special pricing link: http://www.carrytel.ca/rfd-special.aspx. This is for a 60M/10M connection, unlimited usage. So far, I've been getting closer to 71M/12M whenever I do a speed test.
May 26, 2014
253 posts
353 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
These cities only:

Acton
Ancaster
Belleville
Burlington
Cornwall
Fonthill
Fort Erie
Georgetown
Grimsby
Hamilton
Lindsay
Milton
Niagara Falls
North Bay
Oakville
Dundas
​Petrolia
Peterborough
Port Colborne
Sarnia
St. Catharines
Stoney Creek
Thorold
Welland
​Windsor
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1516 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
SKhan70 wrote: CarryTel does not have a good reputation...

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30997 ... eed-1500GB
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31700 ... gle-review

Just bringing another option out there for anyone that is interested.......
Interesting...never realized about this. I won't exceed 1500GB, but if that is a concern for some people, then something to consider. Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Thanks OP.
Cogeco service areas badly need some more competition for cable internet.
Prices are still high...
May 1, 2015
89 posts
13 upvotes
oakville, on
jumperson22 wrote: Interesting...never realized about this. I won't exceed 1500GB, but if that is a concern for some people, then something to consider. Thanks for the heads up!
Thats an old posting.. dslreports has some bad info and alot of bickering. There are no caps as its been unlimited for sometime now.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
I have Coextro fibre in my condo (North York) and have been AMAZINGLY happy with them. I got in at a promo price, $25 plus $9 modem rental for 250mb/s up and down.
Nov 11, 2014
247 posts
195 upvotes
Markham, ON
For what it's worth, i have been with carrytel for a year now with no complaints. Have never been close to using over 1,500 GB but i would assume i could since my plan is unlimited.

And yes i also received that email about a $20 credit for leaving a google review. Whether ethical or not is up for debate i guess, but no complaints from me as it was an easy $20.
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
It is ethical if you give honest review, but if Carrytel pays $20 to leave positive reviews then it is unethical and should be illegal if it isn’t already.

I had been with Carrytel for 2 months and have nothing good to say about them. They constantly run out of bandwidth and buy more only when they start getting many complaints.
Last edited by discostar on Jan 5th, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 16, 2015
900 posts
577 upvotes
jumperson22 wrote: CarryTel has a better deal IMHO because it's not limited to 3 months. For Cogeco area, it's $39.99+tax - $5/month (after tax) for 48 months (4 years). Here is the RFD special pricing link: http://www.carrytel.ca/rfd-special.aspx. This is for a 60M/10M connection, unlimited usage. So far, I've been getting closer to 71M/12M whenever I do a speed test.
I agree with you 100 percent! You're getting the same speed that I am too.
Now that they've increased their bandwidth I have no problem getting high-speed even in the evenings.
they even gave me a $10 credit for the problems they were having.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1516 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
They gave me 1 weeks worth of credit too! About $10 I assume and will know on my next bill.
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
13 posts
14 upvotes
SKhan70 wrote: CarryTel does not have a good reputation...

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30997 ... eed-1500GB
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31700 ... gle-review

Just bringing another option out there for anyone that is interested.......
Carrytel has mostly good reviews, dslreport is too small a forum and it's just a few users pushing the de few companies. I'll take the much better feedback amount in here
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
13 posts
14 upvotes
discostar wrote: It is ethical if you give honest review, but if Carrytel pays $20 to leave positive reviews then it is unethical and should be illegal if it isn’t already.

I had been with Carrytel for 2 months and have nothing good to say about them. They constantly run out of bandwidth and buy more only when they start getting many complaints.
Nowhere did they say positive reviews only
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2525 posts
1239 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
SKhan70 wrote: COGECO CABLE AREA - FREE INSTALLATION AND FREE WIRELESS ROUTER

Promotional Pricing is good for 3 months. Here are the full details:

15 Mbps - $19 for 3 months, $35 ongoing
40 Mbps - $29 for 3 months, $45 ongoing
60 Mbps - $39 for 3 months, $55 ongoing
120 Mbps - $59 for 3 months, $80 ongoing

You can purchase their TCM 4300 for $95 or use your own modem for $30.
Wireless N-Router. Hardly useful at the faster speed tiers.

Looks like I could save $5/month over Start.ca. Not worth the role of the dice to find out if Coextro is any good.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3456 posts
3341 upvotes
yeah I'd save about 2 dollars by switching from teksavvy. not enough for me.
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
VentiPike wrote: Nowhere did they say positive reviews only
I did not say that they did but myself and others were lured to subscribe to Carrytel service by good reviews and affordable price. Only to find out that service is not even close to being reliable. This experiment cost me $200 for 2 months.
That is why I point people to check other forums for reviews as well like Google reviews for example.
When I contacted Carrytel regarding my problems during prime time their response was to check the speed by connecting directly to the modem.
This is when I made the decision to leave them as quickly as possible and take the loss.
Reading about all the problems their customers had recently I am glad I left them.
Aug 12, 2005
226 posts
64 upvotes
I'm surprised by the amount of negativity in this thread. Coextro's main business is similar to Beanfield in that it provides gigabit fibre connections to condos in Toronto. My friend lived in a downtown Toronto condo that was serviced by them and got 250mbit up/down for $50/month. She was extremely satisfied with their service.

It seems like the company now branching out into the cable and DSL reselling business. In my opinion, comparisons of this service to Carrytel are unfair. Carrytel is a budget ISP that provides no frills service at extremely low cost. There are obvious drawbacks such as customer service that cannot speak English well, speeds slowing down during peak hours, occasional downtime, etc. Their pricing makes up for these drawbacks and I have many friends who are satisfied with their service. Given what I've seen of Coextro's fibre service though, I would personally compare them to the likes of Ebox, Start, or Teksavvy. In this regard, their pricing definitely seems lower than those three.

I guess we'll find out for sure when reviews from actual customers start rolling in.