Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Costco.ca] Coliseum 3 Top Grain Leather Home Theatre Seating

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2014 12:21 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1232 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington

[Costco.ca] Coliseum 3 Top Grain Leather Home Theatre Seating

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
800 off
Expiry:
October 12, 2014
Looks like a pretty good deal at Costco.ca on these home theatre reclining leather seats. I can't find any reviews anywhere but they look like they might be a good deal. Anyone have any experience with these?
23 replies
May 22, 2014
491 posts
446 upvotes
thx bought 4 they look comfy and will go great in my multi leveled basement theatre
Oct 3, 2014
54 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Has anyone had experience with these? I am seriously considering these for the home theatre I built. I couldn't find any reviews on this yet. It would be nice to know opinions of others before taking the plunge. Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
davidqbp wrote: thx bought 4 they look comfy and will go great in my multi leveled basement theatre
Can the rest of us RFDers come over for a party?
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
chotabaccha wrote: Has anyone had experience with these? I am seriously considering these for the home theatre I built. I couldn't find any reviews on this yet. It would be nice to know opinions of others before taking the plunge. Thanks
Bought them last year when on sale, quite happy with them. Perhaps hard to see from the pics, but they do have a slight curve to them.
CHIA
Oct 3, 2014
54 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
CHIA wrote: Bought them last year when on sale, quite happy with them. Perhaps hard to see from the pics, but they do have a slight curve to them.
Would you know how wide they are in the 4 seat configuration? Thanks for the response!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10407 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
got a picture of your multi level home theather setup ?
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Oct 3, 2014
54 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
CHIA wrote: Bought them last year when on sale, quite happy with them. Perhaps hard to see from the pics, but they do have a slight curve to them.
Thanks for the heads up. It will be nice to have a little curve. How wide do they go for a four seat configuration? How is the build quality of them? And is the leather stiff or do they break in and become soft enough?
Thanks for the response!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1232 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington
chotabaccha wrote: Thanks for the heads up. It will be nice to have a little curve. How wide do they go for a four seat configuration? How is the build quality of them? And is the leather stiff or do they break in and become soft enough?
Thanks for the response!
According to Costco.ca the 4 piece set is 136 inches wide.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8178 posts
9535 upvotes
Vancouver
Anything that mentions bonded leather = run away!

Ron.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46969 posts
9263 upvotes
:!: Please add the retailer to the title next time.

Otherwise it is a MISLEADING post.

Thanks.
Blanka
Dec 3, 2008
478 posts
417 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Anything that mentions bonded leather = run away!

Ron.
In fairness it does say that the bonded leather is only used in parts where the body does not touch while sitting.
Their exact wording, "Bonded leather is used on outside arms, outside backs and bottom edge"
Dec 10, 2009
389 posts
139 upvotes
Edmonton
I bought these last year and been using it everyday in my theater setup. Here's my review:
  • Leather on all surfaces that you rest on. Leather is not too stiff but not soft. Very firm feel.
  • Squeeks when someone is moving in/out of the seat or when recclining/declining. however once seated comfortably, no noise if you're not moving.
  • Plenty of storagte in the armrest. I store my xbox remotes in one. Store goodies (beef jerky, chocolates, etc) in another. Just great for keeping things out of sight and organized.
  • I'm in reclining mode all the time. It's so very comfy.
  • They will delivery and place the chairs in the room of your choice. But you have to unpackage and assemble yourself.
For the price, you will NOT find anything of this style/quality. I did shopping around and this is definitely bang for $. Absolutely one of my best purchase.
Dec 10, 2009
389 posts
139 upvotes
Edmonton
newfbc wrote: Anything that mentions bonded leather = run away!

Ron.
Do not view this chair in that way. only the usually parts where you don't contact (back of chair) is where it's not real leather. Even that is still good quality. This chair is very good quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto
luckyd0g wrote: I bought these last year and been using it everyday in my theater setup. Here's my review:
  • Leather on all surfaces that you rest on. Leather is not too stiff but not soft. Very firm feel.
  • Squeeks when someone is moving in/out of the seat or when recclining/declining. however once seated comfortably, no noise if you're not moving.
  • Plenty of storagte in the armrest. I store my xbox remotes in one. Store goodies (beef jerky, chocolates, etc) in another. Just great for keeping things out of sight and organized.
  • They will delivery and place the chairs in the room of your choice. But you have to unpackage and assemble yourself.
For the price, you will NOT find anything of this style/quality. I did shopping around and this is definitely bang for $. Absolutely one of my best purchase.
So as long as you don't move the chair doesn't make noise. Makes sense
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12707 posts
6222 upvotes
hitman_24 wrote: So as long as you don't move the chair doesn't make noise. Makes sense
He offered a fair bit more in his review than your sarcastic one liner.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
luckyd0g wrote: I bought these last year and been using it everyday in my theater setup. Here's my review:
I would echo those comments, and as mentioned, for the price, good luck finding anything close, you won't.

I'm happy, for the money when purchased on sale, and I did a ton of research before buying and felt these offered excellent value.
CHIA
Sep 26, 2007
397 posts
70 upvotes
The squeaks are due to the different types of leathers (bonded vs top grain) coming in contract with each other (returned a set of home theater seating due to this). The only way to get rid of it is regularly oiling the surfaces (recommended, don't know if it works). If you were to purchase a unit that had top grain leather all around, you most likely wouldn't hear squeaks.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
kukkudo wrote: The squeaks are due to the different types of leathers (bonded vs top grain) coming in contract with each other (returned a set of home theater seating due to this). The only way to get rid of it is regularly oiling the surfaces (recommended, don't know if it works). If you were to purchase a unit that had top grain leather all around, you most likely wouldn't hear squeaks.
It was a minor annoyance at the beginning, but it's only when people are moving a bunch, and getting comfy, is not an ongoing issue.

"Oiling the surfaces"........yeah, no thanks. Haha.
CHIA

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)